[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2005  11:15 AM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bartnagel.com/images/thumbs/jeaniebussA.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bartnagel.com/portraits/zaffaroni.html&h=50&w=50&sz=2&tbnid=l-7Q8ElaQMsJ:&tbnh=50&tbnw=50&start=22&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djeanie%2Bbuss%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/27/2005  11:58 AM
Posted by Nalod:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bartnagel.com/images/thumbs/jeaniebussA.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bartnagel.com/portraits/zaffaroni.html&h=50&w=50&sz=2&tbnid=l-7Q8ElaQMsJ:&tbnh=50&tbnw=50&start=22&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djeanie%2Bbuss%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN
SHe is very good looking. Phil is gonna go to LA.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/27/2005  12:18 PM
If we get him, fine; if we don't, I won't cry over it. We still have other options. I just hope that we draft the right players to replace the old ones: Kurt, Penny, TT, Houston, etc. Guys with heart and cojoles

Posted by crzymdups:

Something tells me not to rule out Phil Jackson as the next Knicks coach quite yet...
The true Knickabocker..........
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/27/2005  12:26 PM
Posted by knixphan:

I know that commentator thread started as a joke...but someday it might be cool to have MJax as a coach, with PE as an assist...kinda completing some historical circle or something...
Why would Ewing be the assistant. He has more coaching experience than Jackson. I wouldn't just put Jackson as a headcoach. SJU passed him over as coach, and they were seriously looking at him. Don't know how well his interview skills are, curious that he doesn't have a job right now.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Nalod
USA
4/27/2005  12:40 PM
NY got real good booty also!

Jeanie is fine, but Lots of supermodel and broadway booty. Can get some good artsy bootie down in soho. Maybe wants to try man-booty?

Man makes 10mil a year, smart, zen master, I be will do just fine in NYC!

Nalod
USA
4/28/2005  9:21 AM
i guess i am getting nostalgic but would any of you consider bringing back rick pitino? i know it is crazy but think about it. rick turned the knicks franchise in the late 80's to what it became in the 90's. he brought the best out of jackson and ewing. before him, ewing was strictly a defensive center with little offensive game. then ewing jumped from avg.20ppg. to a whopping 28ppg! he also taught mark jackson how to be a legit floor leader which is something he can do from marbury. his style of play with the fast break running style will fit with the players we have. the down side is that pitino is not a great defensive minded coach. the press will not work in the nba.
no, i did not forget his stint with boston but i thought he had too much responsibility. not many people have been successful as a gm and coach. he also had a string of bad luck ( injuries, losing the duncan sweepstakes, etc.). he is a coach that is strictly new york. he can handle the pressure of the city and with his ego, he would want to be successful in the nba level. what better place but new york?

I think Rick would be an excellent choice. perhaps my no. 2. He is intense, and credible with pro players.

All credible coaches will want personel input. He might be very intense about it and will Isiah give him the room he would give Phil Jax?

Phil
Rick
PJ

These three are my choices at the moment. Flip is a good dude, but I just don't see him as the "cult of perosnality" that the others would command. PJ really has paid his dues and is ready for prime time again. MIght be less of a threat to Isiah.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2005  12:37 PM
yeah I was saying early in the season how he would be a good fit since hia pressure trap defense with marbury and crawford on the wings would improve our overall defense and transition game when I wanted Lenyy fired. I forgot about Rick. He might be the coach this team needs to get the most out of these young players and being a successful coach college I'd say he'd be great for our young players developement.
I know Nyk4ever really likes him too.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/28/2005 12:38:50]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/28/2005  1:47 PM
Rick Pittino!!!! are you all nuts???? there is a reason why he was not successful the last two times he was hired by NBA teams.....Flip, Isiah, Calesimo and others are much better options...

Posted by gunsnewing:

yeah I was saying early in the season how he would be a good fit since hia pressure trap defense with marbury and crawford on the wings would improve our overall defense and transition game when I wanted Lenyy fired. I forgot about Rick. He might be the coach this team needs to get the most out of these young players and being a successful coach college I'd say he'd be great for our young players developement.
I know Nyk4ever really likes him too.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/28/2005 12:38:50]
The true Knickabocker..........
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/28/2005  2:36 PM
[quote]
Posted by diderotn:

Rick Pittino!!!! are you all nuts???? there is a reason why he was not successful the last two times he was hired by NBA teams.....Flip, Isiah, Calesimo and others are much better options...
[quote

the last 2 times? you don't consider him to have been successful with the knicks?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/28/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by Marv:

[quote]
Posted by diderotn:

[quote

the last 2 times? you don't consider him to have been successful with the knicks?

seriously!

I forgot about you Marv..you like Rick too!
Marv
4/28/2005  2:51 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

[quote]Posted by Marv:
Posted by diderotn:

[quote

seriously!

I forgot about you Marv..you like Rick too!

Absolutely. I think he'd be a great choice.
Nalod
USA
4/28/2005  3:24 PM
nuts?

His knick teams were great! He bolted for a great Kentucky job!

Celtic nightmare? Five years 7 mil a year to be GM and Coach. Top Riley money at the time. THIRTYFIVE MILLION DOLLARS TO COACH AND GM CELTICS!

Learn from past, he was too impatient with roster moves. He had top pick Duncan get ripped from him in freak lotto. He was so betting the ranch on that one! Any of his failures were born from personel blunders, too many trades!

Sound familiar?

Having a GM would help him for sure.
Nalod
USA
4/28/2005  3:29 PM

I read how fond Isiah is of Bobby Knight. This may be bizzare, but could you imagine him as Knick Coach?

Think TT would not be an allstar? Think Sweets would be fat? Think Marbs would talk back at coaches? Think Anfernee would be a diva?

Think we would ever sign a free agent? Think any player could stand him after a while?

We need a cult of personality, one with built in cred!

Its bizzare I know, but while we are blowing smoke up each others ass, until the draft, I thought its a good: "talk amung yourselves!"
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
4/28/2005  3:59 PM
see, this is why i do not think that he will hire a guy like p.j. or bobby knight. they are demanding coaches who constantly yell and in your face. they do not bend or sway from being strict. now, i am not saying that is not what this team needs. we need a big kick in the butt. but these guys are overbearing and will turn off someone like marbury or crawford. we need a balance. someone who understands today's palyers but is a no nonsense coach. i think pitino can definately do that. he is a great x's and o's coach who make do with what he had. that knicks team were not as talented as half the teams in the league then but he managed to win the division title and sweep the sixers in the playoffs, a more talented team then. actually, i would have rick as my first choice because he has more to prove that anyone else except maybe p.j. or flip. he has a chip on his shoulder and he will make sure that this time he will do it right. like any new yorker, he is as resilient as they come.
Marv
4/28/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I read how fond Isiah is of Bobby Knight. This may be bizzare, but could you imagine him as Knick Coach?

Think TT would not be an allstar? Think Sweets would be fat? Think Marbs would talk back at coaches? Think Anfernee would be a diva?

Think we would ever sign a free agent? Think any player could stand him after a while?

Its bizzare I know, but while we are blowing smoke up each others ass, until the draft, I thought its a good: "talk amung yourselves!"

NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/28/2005  5:21 PM
I would love to see Rick Pitino here coaching the Knicks. I started a thread about it nearly 2 months ago. He would be the pefect fit for NY, he's already had a good career in NY and his defensive trap and uptempo offense would be absolutely perfect for the players that Isiah is trying to bring in here.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
OldFan
Member: #446
4/28/2005  11:33 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Don't know.
Yes (TT an All Star - that's funny), Yes, Yes, Yes

Most of these guys could have went anywhere they wanted to play college ball - they didn't chose to play under Knight. You think Knight is gonna scare and these guys into playing hard - I don't think so. These guys are not 18,19,20 (except Aziz) and they make a lot of money. Pro players have the leverage not the coach and Knights CRED in college ain't gonna count for much in the PROs.
Nalod
USA
4/28/2005  11:46 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

Lets face rality, we ain't never crawling out of mediocrity, so at least we can have some good theatre!

PHil gets Jeanie Buss, Bobby gets Sandra Bernhardt!

Cablevision's ratings thru the roof!
Marv
4/29/2005  12:22 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Nalod:

Lets face rality, we ain't never crawling out of mediocrity, so at least we can have some good theatre!

PHil gets Jeanie Buss, Bobby gets Sandra Bernhardt!

Cablevision's ratings thru the roof!

Bobby with Sandra Bernhard!!!! SHe could tie him up like Jerry Lewis in the King of Comedy!!!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/29/2005  9:31 AM
I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about Flip. He's willing to play young guys and he's proven to be a good teaching coach in the league. He's also shown he's willing to bench a big $$ player in favor of a guy making cheese if it help the team's d or intensity.
I think guys like Ariza and possibly even Butler would really do well with a guy like Flip. This is also the only coach Marbury has ever played D for. If Isiah is serious about this draft and inject young talent into this roster than Flip is a good choice. Herb strikes me as afraid of having young guys make mistakes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy