[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  12:09 AM
only on the 30win knicks is jamal crawford a starting SG. There is no KG/Amare bigman in this draft other than possibly bynum
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/13/2005  9:26 AM
THe Laimb lies down on broadway? Whats up with that? Isiah actually let a crackah ass cracka runt he team?

Spurs, WOW! Ball movement was incredible. The sum of the pieces add up BIG! They are doing to detroit what they did to the lakers last year!

Yes, Too bad the knicks never really built anyting around Ewing. The spurs are a TEAM in many sense of the word.

72% of duncans playoff games he has avg a double double.

This series looked so good on paper and I am surprised that the spurs are disecting them so! Getting Nazr was a stroke of genious! He adds alot!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/13/2005  9:54 AM
yeah man, I've said it before and I'll say it again. the reason Detroit won last year was because they played the dismantling Lakers and not Duncan and the Spurs, but with that said the Spurs are much better this year with Ginobili blowing up this season and key additions like Barry, Udrih and Nazr over Channing Frye, oops I mean Rasho Nesterovic
Nalod
USA
6/13/2005  10:29 AM

Barry was a big pick up. A 6-6 leaping pass first point is a good thing! All role players knowing and executing their roles.

Detroit last year peaked at the right time and the right place. LIke the MVP this year, it takes luck, which by definition is when opportunity and preparation collide!
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
6/13/2005  8:24 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

only on the 30win knicks is jamal crawford a starting SG. There is no KG/Amare bigman in this draft other than possibly bynum

oh god
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
6/15/2005  8:23 PM
It does seem unbelieveable that Isiah would hire a white guy to run his team. But who knows, maybe the Bad Boys were real and tight enough after all these years to overcome even racism. I still have to see him hire him before I believe it. That said, it might be the best hire for the Knicks. He would take zero crap from the players and isn't as burnt out as Larry Brown and has more credibility as a former champ to be a screamer than PJ.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Nalod
USA
6/16/2005  10:00 AM
Nate? Wait to see the Brown saga unfold, and Maybe we just Flip out?

Herb is working very hard on his craft, we should not inflate his rookie year failure and indict him for it totally!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
6/16/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

It does seem unbelieveable that Isiah would hire a white guy to run his team. But who knows, maybe the Bad Boys were real and tight enough after all these years to overcome even racism. I still have to see him hire him before I believe it. That said, it might be the best hire for the Knicks. He would take zero crap from the players and isn't as burnt out as Larry Brown and has more credibility as a former champ to be a screamer than PJ.
It is curious where you guys get this stuff about Isiah and his race issues. If you look at his inner circle most of his people are old white guys.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
6/16/2005  7:22 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

]
It is curious where you guys get this stuff about Isiah and his race issues. If you look at his inner circle most of his people are old white guys.
[/quote]
Good Call Pharzeone!!!
I don't know why people are bringing up a race issue.. All Zeke wants, is a damn good coach that can get this team up and running on the winning track and also, adding some toughness.
If Brown were avaiable or Phil Jackson and they really wanted to coach the Knicks, Zeke would've sign them in a heart beat.. They're also White..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
rojasmas
6/16/2005  7:39 PM
A lot of the race issues stem from his saying Larry Bird would be just another good player if he was black after Bird stole the inbounds pass from him and dished to Dennis Johnson for a winning hoop in the playoffs. He showed his true colors with that ridiculous statement after that game.
rojasmas
6/16/2005  7:40 PM
Also, look how quickly he banished Keith Van Horn. Don't tell me it was all about Marbury's wishes.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/17/2005  1:52 AM
Posted by rojasmas:

Also, look how quickly he banished Keith Van Horn. Don't tell me it was all about Marbury's wishes.
Do you think maybe there were some good reasons to banish him other than him being white?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
6/17/2005  8:42 AM
I don't really care about this whole white/black issue, but I have to defend KVH here.

No there was no other reason banish him. We traded him for this worse black version, Tiny Tim!!!

And oh yeah, we also got the "key to the deal", a year later "we did not trade away a good center", dump at the trading deadline for an overpaid, over 30 PF alogn with what amounts to the two last picks of the 1st round, which are picks nobody wants, second round talent with guaranteed conracts.

So lay of KVH, if we had KVH that yearh in the playoffs, or this year insted of Timmmmey, we would have done a lot better, with a legitimate 2nd option who shoots a respectable percentage. This ofcourse assuming that he would not have had the injury he had with the Bucks.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/17/2005  8:58 AM
i know this is a coach's thread, but I want to offer a countering opinion to Simrud's on KVH. Yes he did have a nice stretch here. In many ways he gave the knicks the best of what you could hope to see from him.

but in my opinion he is really a lousy player. At a ridiculous price too. Very much like TT. look at his performance for milwaukee. You can blame it on his injury, but "something" always happens with him everywhere he goes and teams just can't wait to get rid of him. Dallas was so unenthusiastic about him after he blew an early playoff game agasint Houston that they made him sit out the rest of the series. I watched that game - he was afraid to shoot in the clutch after being set up perfectly; he passed the ball back at the 24-second clock instead of shooting causing a turnover, and had ALL of his teammates rolling their eyes at him while he blinked into the headlights.

As far as our net from the trade, watch Nazr in the playoffs and you'll see the best this guy has to offer - some clean-up work around the rim if he's next to a 7-footer who draws the defensive attention. I'm thrilled to have the #30, especially in this year's draft. And wherever SA's lands us next year.

But defend KVH? Unh-unh. THat's a meek little soul inhabiting what should be a killer plyer's body, just like TT. it's karmic harmony that these 2 separated-at-birth brothers have been traded for each other TWICE.
rojasmas
6/17/2005  10:05 AM
I don't even like KVH's game that much. The point is Isiah never even gave him a chance, and the guy always had respectable numbers, like 17 and 8.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
6/17/2005  8:12 PM
Thomas isn’t a racist, he’s just a garden variety pr*ck.
https:// It's not so hard.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/18/2005  10:37 AM
Posted by BasketballJones:

Thomas isn’t a racist, he’s just a garden variety pr*ck.

LOL

I've always liked to say that Isiah isn't a racist, he just has terrible taste in white people (Bobby Knight, probably my all-time most hated sports figure; Bill Laimbeer -one of my all-time most hated athletes when he played - guy redefined the position of a chippy, dirty, whiney, cryabby. The entire basketball world gave a standing O when the Chief knocked him out).
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
6/19/2005  8:55 PM
Laimbeer makes it sound like he was in the mix. You have to think he is the kind of guy who Isiah would want to be in a fox hole with.
Nalod
USA
6/19/2005  10:18 PM
I could not stand Laimbeer!

He has done nothing to distinguish himself as a coach, and projecting that toughman whine thing into a coach is not substantial to let him run the team.

Banishing KVH was one thing, but blowing the Doleac thing stunk.

We were supposed to keep two white players as per Knick rules!

Doleac was cool! IN a geek kinda way.

KVH was not cool. I liked his game with us, and care less about his rep. I could almost handle him but its the socks and the goofy haircut!

TT is so much worse in so many ways. And he is so not cool either.
Nalod
USA
6/20/2005  1:36 PM
I read that KG called Spree about PJ badda bing to axe what kinda coach he was!

The moron should have called Timmy Duncan who has a few of KGs MVP awards and a few rings. He might be better suited to describe him than Spree.

When does Minny get wise and realize they have a better shot spreading the wealth around with more better players than with KG!

Its the age old arguement for a middle market team! Keep the idiot superstar or trade him at his max value?
Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy