[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/24/2005  9:10 PM
good God please don't allow Herb Back
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
5/25/2005  8:11 PM
If Phil Jackson doesn't come here and Larry Brown doesn't either. I wouldn't mind PJ Carlisimo. I think this guy is definitely a better coach than Herb and He has fire did anyone see him in the Sun-Spurs game he was all over the players and pretty much getting them to play harder. I am sure that in his time on the Spurs bench he has learned under Popovich and he will definitely make the Knicks better if atleast he will give them a identity some thing that Chaney, Wilken and Herb were not able to do.

My list:
1. Phil Jackson
2. Larry Brown
3. PJ Carlisimo
4. Nate McMillian
5. Marc Ivaroni
6. Bill Lambeer
7. Jim O'Brien
diderotn
USA
5/26/2005  6:52 AM
I would say "hell no" to Jim O'Brien....
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/26/2005  8:51 AM
Isiah needs to coach this team...Phil's not coming here, Larry Brown's not coming here, & Herb is Herb...McMillan wouldn't be a bad choice but i still would rather have Isiah take full accountability for the team he put together.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
5/26/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by Vmart:

If Phil Jackson doesn't come here and Larry Brown doesn't either. I wouldn't mind PJ Carlisimo. I think this guy is definitely a better coach than Herb and He has fire did anyone see him in the Sun-Spurs game he was all over the players and pretty much getting them to play harder. I am sure that in his time on the Spurs bench he has learned under Popovich and he will definitely make the Knicks better if atleast he will give them a identity some thing that Chaney, Wilken and Herb were not able to do.

My list:
1. Phil Jackson
2. Larry Brown
3. PJ Carlisimo
4. Nate McMillian
5. Marc Ivaroni
6. Bill Lambeer
7. Jim O'Brien
f&(* Phil Jackson and throw Larry Brownbag in there too. I feel like choking PJ myself, McMillian wants to stay in Seattle I guess he likes to underappreciated, Ivaroni well...don't know him, and O'Brien can just keep passing by. Lambier is a good choice, we need a fiery guy in here like Avery Johnson. I think Herb is just to nice and concern about his well being to much to coach in the NBA. He is not underhanded enough. I thought he had it in him when told TT that Ariza would be starting even when he came back because TT was stinking up the joint. It seem to get a rise of him but Herb reverted back to mr. Nice guy, he backed off Marbury when he put out the notion to have him play more 2.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/27/2005  1:06 PM
Why isn't Mike Brown, the top assistant from the Pacers who is a defensive guru being considered here? He seems like he's from a smart system. Sometimes, rather than hire some retread, wouldn't it be better to hire a top, successful assistant? It worked for Washington.
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/27/2005  11:11 PM
did mike brown work under carlisle, bird, or <isiah¿

Fookin foreign keyboards suck!

got this aleien crap like ¿Ç7 ºªand &

im in San Jose costa rick, out of the jungle now and needed some civilization. 6 days and I go nuts. Hugging volcanos beats work any time!

I see no. 6 got the top pick. Phuck!
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
5/28/2005  11:22 AM
Nate isn't coming here because I think Seattle is gonna lock him up and he wants to be there. Phil is gonna go with what the new wife wants and he'll tarnish the hell outta his rep. LA's got bad karma and it's gonna take an incredible amount of energy to get that ship topside (i.e. Celtics stunk it up for most of a decade after Bird and crew). Larry will retire from Detroit. So with that information my only three choices are (in no particular order):

1) Silas (preparing for Lebron)
2) Laimbeer
3) Mark Jackson (grossly underated and off the radar. This dude knows his stuff and he's a
pro)

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/28/2005  12:28 PM
Nalod aren't you the sport - spending your time off combing unbeaten paths around the world in search of 6'10"-7'0" prospects!!
Nalod
USA
5/29/2005  1:10 AM
The people here are a bit verticaly challanged! Hard to find a point guard in these parts!

Food here is awsome, dig the rainforest, no tv, no phone, piss ant little hotel I had to get dragged to, but internet in the lobby.

On biz I stay in ritz and intercontinentals, here, its the Divito suite in romancing the stone!

Fly to miami in the morning, then points north.

Then I´ll call Isiah.

simrud
Member: #474
USA
5/30/2005  2:00 PM
Looks like the whole process has been a sham from the beginning and we are gettin good old Don Chaney, oops, I mean Herb Williams back. Next breaking news, Coach Williams gets a 10 year extension for his outstanding job of keeping a good face while heading to the lottery for a 2nd straight year.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
5/31/2005  3:38 PM
Posted by simrud:

Looks like the whole process has been a sham from the beginning and we are gettin good old Don Chaney, oops, I mean Herb Williams back. Next breaking news, Coach Williams gets a 10 year extension for his outstanding job of keeping a good face while heading to the lottery for a 2nd straight year.

pretty much. what do you want to make a bet that Zeke doesn't even bother announcing this until August? I think he's just waiting for Phil to laugh in his face at this point, then he'll turn back to Herb.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
5/31/2005  4:36 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by simrud:

pretty much. what do you want to make a bet that Zeke doesn't even bother announcing this until August? I think he's just waiting for Phil to laugh in his face at this point, then he'll turn back to Herb.
Didn't the Knicks say they were no longer interested in Jackson, where is this Jackson stuff still coming from. It most be Jackson PR guys. I think Nate or PJ is the guy that Isiah wants really but he has to wait on Nate who really wants to stay in Seattle and PJ is still in the playoffs. Not everyone conducts themselves like Larry Brownbag.
Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
5/31/2005  5:51 PM
Coaching List

Nate Mcmillan-Returns the Sonics
Phil Jackson- Lakers
Larry Brown- Cavs President
Bill Laimbeer- interviewed just cause he's cool with Isiah
Mike Brown- Cavaliers
Flip Saunders- not interested
P.J. Carlismo- Grea defensive mind with a great knowledge for the game, Many "choke" references would be in the back of the New York Post and NY Daily News though
Maurice Cheeks-Sixers
Jim O'Brien- hopefully not
Herb Williams- Last Resort, Majority of us dont want him back, doesnt make rationale decisions

diderotn
USA
6/1/2005  8:02 AM
How is that a coaching list???

Posted by Cookdcokehop:

Coaching List

Nate Mcmillan-Returns the Sonics
Phil Jackson- Lakers
Larry Brown- Cavs President
Bill Laimbeer- interviewed just cause he's cool with Isiah
Mike Brown- Cavaliers
Flip Saunders- not interested
P.J. Carlismo- Grea defensive mind with a great knowledge for the game, Many "choke" references would be in the back of the New York Post and NY Daily News though
Maurice Cheeks-Sixers
Jim O'Brien- hopefully not
Herb Williams- Last Resort, Majority of us dont want him back, doesnt make rationale decisions
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
6/1/2005  8:19 AM
My list:
1. Zeke
2. Lambier (spelled wrong I know)
3. Zeke
4. Herb
5. Zeke

If it isiah, I'm pretty much at a loss for who would even be worth caring about...can't we go no name like phoenix and cleveland did? Why do we even have to know who the guy is if we are rebuilding and starting the kids?
all kool aid all the time.
Nalod
USA
6/1/2005  9:38 AM
Lambieer has no rep, and his intense manner on the court is no guarantee of anything!

I'd let him sit on the bench.

Funny, if Herb is coach, and Patrick joins in, and say Lambieer, those 3 coaches would be bigger than any of our players except Sundov. And I ain't holding my breath on him!

It would appear until further notice that Herb is returning on what I hope is just a 2 year contract.

Isiah does not stand out as an impact type coach like Phil Jax would have been.

With a possible lockout, which really helps the knicks by the way, why pay a big buck coach! Though I doubt a lock out will happen!
diderotn
USA
6/1/2005  11:03 AM
Brace yourselves good fans, Herb will be our coach next season....
Pharzeone
6/2/2005  4:10 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Brace yourselves good fans, Herb will be our coach next season....
I wonder. I don't think the roster scares PJ, I wouldn't be surprise if PJ already had talks about not releasing info until after the Spurs finish the season (everyone can't be Larry Brown and screw their team over). Lambieer would be interesting choice because he would definately bring a solid no nonsense attitude to this team and wouldn't mind getting into a choking match with these guys.
Pharzeone
6/2/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Lambieer has no rep, and his intense manner on the court is no guarantee of anything!

I'd let him sit on the bench.

Funny, if Herb is coach, and Patrick joins in, and say Lambieer, those 3 coaches would be bigger than any of our players except Sundov. And I ain't holding my breath on him!

It would appear until further notice that Herb is returning on what I hope is just a 2 year contract.

Isiah does not stand out as an impact type coach like Phil Jax would have been.

With a possible lockout, which really helps the knicks by the way, why pay a big buck coach! Though I doubt a lock out will happen!
Isiah would be a huge upgrade over Herb. I question whether Phil Jackson is an impact type of coach but he has the rings. To me his rep has been sorely, sorely dmg. I think even his woman knows this, Kobe looks like royality with Phil sucking up to him (man how the mighty have fallen), if the Lakers including Kobe really wanted Phil he would have been announced as head coach. I think Phil has damage himself big time here by basically being Phil. There is no sweet job out there, most GMs don't want to deal with him. If he was smart he would just marry Jeannie Buss and weasle in as part owner or something.
Coaches Corner: Who's our next coach and why?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy