[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Joel Pryzbila and Darius Miles--thats the avenue to go down
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/22/2005  2:35 PM
i'd sooner trade Malik Rose than JYD...& i think both those guys are the types of players we need MORE of...& contrary to popular notion, i don't feel they are redundant at all...JYD is alot more athletic & fits in much better w/an uptempo style game, & he plays better perimeter D as well...Malik is more of a halfcourt player, pretty much similar to what KT USED to be when he wasn't so afraid of banging down low & fell in love w/that perimeter shot.

if you could get Miles & a pick for KT, then fine, i do that...Miles for Rose? only if we're keeping Sweetney, otherwise, he's pretty much our only low post presence at this point...& i still would prefer to look at other options like Harpring, or even Jalen Rose for that matter, because the longterm commitment just scares me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/22/2005  2:54 PM
Posted by TMS:

i'd sooner trade Malik Rose than JYD...& i think both those guys are the types of players we need MORE of...& contrary to popular notion, i don't feel they are redundant at all...JYD is alot more athletic & fits in much better w/an uptempo style game, & he plays better perimeter D as well...Malik is more of a halfcourt player, pretty much similar to what KT USED to be when he wasn't so afraid of banging down low & fell in love w/that perimeter shot.

if you could get Miles & a pick for KT, then fine, i do that...Miles for Rose? only if we're keeping Sweetney, otherwise, he's pretty much our only low post presence at this point...& i still would prefer to look at other options like Harpring, or even Jalen Rose for that matter, because the longterm commitment just scares me.

I agree with the picks. i said 2nd rounders in 2005[36] and 2006and darius miles for JYD. the picks are fair in the current market for cap relief purposes. the reason why its JYD is because that represents a larger amount of cap relief for Por. We don't need both JYD and Rose and i dont care who goes, so if it's JYD--goodbye.

Of course, we don't have to go this route. we could get lucky and draft Marvin Williams right? But can people name a young athletic SF who has the potential of Darius Miles? Im not looking to take the 47 point 13 rebound game he just had and think whoa, but the stats over 30 games+30minutes is what Im looking at and they are impressive. I think trevor is a nice back up--he's 19 and it will still take him 2 years to get a lot of fundamental flaw out of his game. I still really like him as a bench energy guy, and if we ended up with 2 wings of similar talent-better for us.
RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/22/2005  3:08 PM
no way portland would trade pryzbila. Im not even sure if they would give us Ratliff for TT........

while i like what joel prybilla will bring on the Defensive end, I just dont see why portland would give him up? I think he signed a 2 year deal? meaning portland doesnt have his bird rights and he will probably demand a 7-9 million dollar deal with all the overpriced big men.....

I remember briggs telling us to take a shot at him and mihm....too bad isiah didnt hear ya..
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/22/2005  3:18 PM
to be honest Briggs, I would be happy with that plan, simply because it is a plan. Zeke followed the Marbury trade by adding Crawford, TT, Nazr, JYD and Ariza. Not all these guys have worked out, but they followed a plan. Younger, more athletic uptempo, etc..
Thats great. Not every move works out but if it puts you closer to a style of play or fits in a good plan then ok... chances are you will see positve results.

At one point I thought we were really set. Zeke may have overpaid a bit, and obviously TT and Nazr werent good fits, but they were still part of a plan, so thats ok. Those guys fit a style of play and the Knicks were playing some good ball. Then he adds guys like Mo Taylor and Vin Baker. He extends Kurt Thomas rather than move him, and he dumps Shandon who filled a need. All these add up to WTF????

Man... just have a freakin plan. I'm so tired of collecting these random cast off pieces. Its nuts. Its bad business. It no way to build a team
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/22/2005  3:29 PM
the question is why did zeke pass up a chance to get him for frank and othella? if he was there for the pickings, why did he pass on him. he fit a need last season. there's something else going on with isiah and darius that we don't know about.

i'm all for getting him but if it didn't happen before, then it ain't happening now.
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
4/22/2005  3:51 PM
As long as we're indulging in fantasy, I wonder if acquiring Miles would hurt whatever chances we have at getting LeBron some day.

Miles has been a prima donna, but if we get Phil Jackson as a coach, I think he could handle him. If anyone could handle him, it'd be Phil. If Phil signs on here, and the Blazers are really willing to do JYD for Miles (I think they would), it'd be a no-brainer. But those are a lot of ifs.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/22/2005  4:51 PM
Posted by fishmike:

to be honest Briggs, I would be happy with that plan, simply because it is a plan. Zeke followed the Marbury trade by adding Crawford, TT, Nazr, JYD and Ariza. Not all these guys have worked out, but they followed a plan. Younger, more athletic uptempo, etc..
Thats great. Not every move works out but if it puts you closer to a style of play or fits in a good plan then ok... chances are you will see positve results.

At one point I thought we were really set. Zeke may have overpaid a bit, and obviously TT and Nazr werent good fits, but they were still part of a plan, so thats ok. Those guys fit a style of play and the Knicks were playing some good ball. Then he adds guys like Mo Taylor and Vin Baker. He extends Kurt Thomas rather than move him, and he dumps Shandon who filled a need. All these add up to WTF????

Man... just have a freakin plan. I'm so tired of collecting these random cast off pieces. Its nuts. Its bad business. It no way to build a team

Put it this way, if one person can find a player that fits the exact bill of Darius Miles--a young long athletic wing player who can play D block shots rebound and score, AND is available, please give me the name. This is not a case where some posters like to give away the store, let me see you can have pick 8 SA pick and we'll take back another one of your contracts. No this is a shrewd move. Buy on the cheap. look at the numbers he put up when he plaued 30 minutes, take a hard look at the 47 point 13 rebound game, he's 23. Yes, hes obviously been through some immature streaks, but I havent seen him blow anyone's head off! Portland wants to cut salary, NO one is going to take back Ratliff who is shot at 12mm per. No one wants Andersen and I doubt anyone toughes randolph now. So how do they make space for Outlaw Kryhpa? They have to dump Miles. No one is going to pay through the roof fo Miles, JYD=26mm in cap relief, throw in their 2005 2nd rounder and its a deal;>)

I only posted this because I think there is a reality to it, it could happen, its exactly what Stephon and Thomas explained what they would like and we know th Knicks dont give a sht about the last 3 years on his contract--dealing JYD keeps next years cap the same, and when it increases, out cap will be more normal.
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/22/2005  5:32 PM
since JYD fits the uptempo style game you guys are building for, it makes sense to hold onto him...if you can make these subsequent moves, i'd be more inclined to agree w/trading either Malik or Mo T for him...otherwise i'd rather explore other options.

- TT for Jalen Rose & future pick
- KT & #30 pick for Kwame
- draft Warrick
- sign Gadzuric w/the MLE
- sign an uptempo style backup PG w/the LLE (Speedy Claxton?)

C - Kwame / Gadzuric
PF - Warrick / Sweetney / Malik or Mo T
SF - Miles / Ariza / JYD
SG - Crawford / Rose
PG - Marbury / Claxton
IR - Houston / Butler

how you have a team that has matching parts that fits w/a style of play...Sweetney & Malik to be your bangers inside when you want to slow it down a little, w/Jalen Rose who can post up smaller G's as well.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Joel Pryzbila and Darius Miles--thats the avenue to go down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy