The Official 2005 NO THANKS CLUB
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
5/4/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY JEROME JAMES. This is the second time I have seen this from him. He gets his contract and goes to not caring and plays with no hustle or heart.
I agree with you. I hate players that only play well in their contract years. We have to add this guy to the no thanks club.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/4/2005  11:53 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by nyk4ever:

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY JEROME JAMES. This is the second time I have seen this from him. He gets his contract and goes to not caring and plays with no hustle or heart.
I agree with you. I hate players that only play well in their contract years. We have to add this guy to the no thanks club.

Thank you!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/4/2005  11:54 AM
is antoine walker already on the list? If not please add him! I thought he changed for the better after going to Boston but he reverted to his old self late in the season of launching 3's and shooting a terrible FG%

He will not make us any better. You know what you get with a team that has Walker as its #1 or #2 player. He was okay in Dallas because they were stacked.

He is not the kind of PF Marbury needs. Steph needs a big man who scores inside not a chucker!
gunsnewing
USA
5/4/2005  12:06 PM
I would take Jerome James for under 3mil per if we miss out on Hunter which is likely because supposable he's happy in PHX. its either that or another year of Kurt at Center. I'll take crusty the clown over that for another season! Kwame might very well not be a feasible option either.

Jerome is in much better shape now. He had a sick spin move and thunderous dunk lastnight! At worst he's big and serviceable. The key would be to get him cheap. If he demands Foyle type money after averaging 18&10 in the playoffs than forget about it!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 05/04/2005 12:12:13]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/5/2005  6:59 PM
My team List=
1. Antoine Walker[he is the king, he scks, talentless talent, plays like its a rec league]
2. Jamal Magliore a jazzy nazr with less heart although he is a better player[that doesnt say much,quite possibly the worse all-star C ever. inconsistent should be his first name and heartless bastardde last:>) i would take him for nothing but an ending contract however:>)]
3. Al Harrington a very similar version to Antonie[coincidence that he ended up with twan, I think not!]stay the f away from the knicks you scky ba$tatrd
4. Theo Ratliff[although he is a good guy and a C, he is shot and makes 11mm per for 3 more years!]
5. Mark Blount [just plain scks, played well at the right time]
honorable mentions
kandiman juwan howard, adonal foyle, brian Grant

RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/5/2005  7:07 PM
Jazzy Nazr???

Briggsy you feeling it today!!

I love your list, man.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
5/6/2005  12:40 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

My team List=
1. Antoine Walker[he is the king, he scks, talentless talent, plays like its a rec league]
2. Jamal Magliore a jazzy nazr with less heart although he is a better player[that doesnt say much,quite possibly the worse all-star C ever. inconsistent should be his first name and heartless bastardde last:>) i would take him for nothing but an ending contract however:>)]
3. Al Harrington a very similar version to Antonie[coincidence that he ended up with twan, I think not!]stay the f away from the knicks you scky ba$tatrd
4. Theo Ratliff[although he is a good guy and a C, he is shot and makes 11mm per for 3 more years!]
5. Mark Blount [just plain scks, played well at the right time]
honorable mentions
kandiman juwan howard, adonal foyle, brian Grant

That list... Ughh Definitely in the No Thanks Club.
Knicks_Fan
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
5/6/2005  11:49 AM
Isiah better not try to add Kwame to our squad. Unless if he does so at the expense of Kurt, Penny and TT...

other than that, this kid doesn't deserve to be given a second chance....He is soft, and can't handle pressure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/050505
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
5/6/2005  12:34 PM
My NO THANKS list:

1 - Darius Miles (baby)
2 - Rafer Alston (baby)
3 - Kwame Brown (baby)
4 - Zach Randolph (knee, contract & attitude)
5 - Zydrunas Ilgauskas (slow, doesn't fit Isiah's vision)
6 - Michael Olowakandi (bust)
7 - Jerome James (Erick Dampier part 2)
8 - Ray Allen (shades of Allan Houston)
9 - Antoine Walker (doesn't fit Isiah's vision)
10 - Damon Stoudamire (not interested in another small G that plays no D)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
5/6/2005  1:03 PM
Posted by TMS:

My NO THANKS list:

1 - Darius Miles (baby)
2 - Rafer Alston (baby)
3 - Kwame Brown (baby)
Why do people say Ray Allen is shades of Allan Houston (not just you; a lot of people)? Is he scheduled to have microfracture surgery or even any knee surgery?
TMS
USA
5/6/2005  1:22 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

My NO THANKS list:

1 - Darius Miles (baby)
2 - Rafer Alston (baby)
3 - Kwame Brown (baby)
Why do people say Ray Allen is shades of Allan Houston (not just you; a lot of people)? Is he scheduled to have microfracture surgery or even any knee surgery?

what does that have to do w/why i say he's shades of Allan Houston? was Allan Houston scheduled to have knee surgery before he signed his ridiculous contract too? i'm merely speaking about where they are in their careers, the type of players they are, & why i don't believe they would be worth the max contracts they are seeking.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
5/6/2005  1:56 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

My NO THANKS list:

1 - Darius Miles (baby)
2 - Rafer Alston (baby)
3 - Kwame Brown (baby)

what does that have to do w/why i say he's shades of Allan Houston? was Allan Houston scheduled to have knee surgery before he signed his ridiculous contract too? i'm merely speaking about where they are in their careers, the type of players they are, & why i don't believe they would be worth the max contracts they are seeking.
I thought you were talking about knee problems. I think that if Allan Houston's knee hadn't broken down and he'd been the well rounded player (passing, rebounding) that Ray Allen is, there would have been nothing wrong with giving him a long contract
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/6/2005  2:30 PM
Let's be serious here, Ray Allen is a far better player than Allan Houston. Just because they both have a sweet shot doesn't mean they are the same player. Ray has better scoring averages. He's always been good for 4-5 rebs per game every season (Houston only got 3.6 in his best year, and his career average is less than 3), Ray is good for 3-4 assists every year, (best Houston ever got was 2.7), and Ray consistently averages over a steal per game, while Houston's career average is less than 1. And man, Ray Allen just takes over games in the 4th quarter. The guy never gets rattled. He's just a better player hands down, and he looks to be past any injury problems he had.
TMS
USA
5/6/2005  2:32 PM
i don't care if Allan Houston remained healthy & averaged 23ppg up til now, he's not worth the money he signed for...neither would Ray Allen be worth the money he's asking for either...all these people who cry about scorers that play no defense who sign big contracts & yet some of you have no problem w/signing guys like that to maximum deals...i just don't get that...if i'm going to sign a guy to a max deal, he BETTER be an impact player on BOTH ends of the floor.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
5/6/2005  3:06 PM
Posted by TMS:

i don't care if Allan Houston remained healthy & averaged 23ppg up til now, he's not worth the money he signed for...neither would Ray Allen be worth the money he's asking for either...all these people who cry about scorers that play no defense who sign big contracts & yet some of you have no problem w/signing guys like that to maximum deals...i just don't get that...if i'm going to sign a guy to a max deal, he BETTER be an impact player on BOTH ends of the floor.

No one's disputing that H20 is not a max player. He never was a max player even when he was healthy. But Ray Allen is a much better player that H20 was when he reached FA. Is he max player? He's certainly not a maximum contract length player because he's gonna be 30 next season. But he did carry a team to 52 wins this year and is far from one-dimensional. For 3-4 year deal, this guy is certainly worth the money. But the fact is there are very few players in the NBA that would be worth 15 mil a year past the age of 34...But the system of the "max" salary has made it so that any player who has an argument that they are among the 15-20 best players in the game right now should demand a max deal, because they are almost always gonna get it.

Anyway, I do agree that we should say away from Allen if he's getting more than like 4 years on his deal...
TMS
USA
5/6/2005  3:19 PM
that's all i'm saying V...Ray wants a max deal...i say no thanks.
Bonn1997
USA
5/6/2005  4:33 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by TMS:

No one's disputing that H20 is not a max player. He never was a max player even when he was healthy. But Ray Allen is a much better player that H20 was when he reached FA. Is he max player? He's certainly not a maximum contract length player because he's gonna be 30 next season. But he did carry a team to 52 wins this year and is far from one-dimensional. For 3-4 year deal, this guy is certainly worth the money. But the fact is there are very few players in the NBA that would be worth 15 mil a year past the age of 34...But the system of the "max" salary has made it so that any player who has an argument that they are among the 15-20 best players in the game right now should demand a max deal, because they are almost always gonna get it.

Anyway, I do agree that we should say away from Allen if he's getting more than like 4 years on his deal...
So, you're saying he's good for four years of a high salary. Then the fifth year is one bad year (according to you) and the sixth year is an expiring contract. That doesn't sound so bad to me. Four all-star or very good years, one bad year, and one year potentially as a good trade asset
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
5/6/2005  7:10 PM
How exactly would we get Ray Allen anyway? I dont see Seattle trading him.

Only way I woul ddo it is if they took H20's contract back anyway...then its a deal - even if it takes a pick or two. Just not the #7-8 this year because we still need a big man for this squad.

But Ray Allen, Craw and Marbury would be a nice combo - with a big man and the rest of our Squad I would say a lot of problems would be solved.

I agree though - the $$$ probably arent worth it.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
gunsnewing
USA
5/8/2005  12:07 PM
I have no problem giving a player of Ray's calibur a 6yr deal he is looking for. Especially if we sure up the frontcourt the cheap way, through the draft with a guy like Taft! and maybe still have the MLE and assets to get Big Z or Kwame.
Bonn1997
USA
5/8/2005  2:51 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I have no problem giving a player of Ray's calibur a 6yr deal he is looking for. Especially if we sure up the frontcourt the cheap way, through the draft with a guy like Taft! and maybe still have the MLE and assets to get Big Z or Kwame.
Agree 100%. I would love to see a backcourt of Marbury and Ray Allen.
The Official 2005 NO THANKS CLUB

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy