[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Official 2005 NO THANKS CLUB
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/21/2005  10:34 AM
here is a list of players that we should simply say "NO THANKS" to this summer in any type of sign and trades. besides the NASTY contracts that will be returning, here are the other reasons:

RAY ALLEN - 30 years old, with some history of knee trouble. looks to be the h20 remix.

ZACH RANDOLPH - young but very selfish and just had microfacture knee surgery...yikes.

ZYDRUNAS ILGAUSKAS - 30 years old and sssssssllllllooooooowwwww. doesn't fit our team.

MIKE FINLEY - 30+ years old and CLEARLY on the downside of his career. also plagued with injuries.

ERICK DAMPIER - contract year player who's proving once again, that he's a bum.

EDDIE CURRY - irregular heartbeat. fills a need but another injury risk.

THEO RATLIFF - on major downside of his career and looks to be finished.

WALLY ZCZERBIAK - doesn't really play defense but major albatross is the contraact.

JALEN ROSE - plays zero defense and is selfish.

POTENTIAL APPLICATIONS:

ANTOINE WALKER - b/c he won't be coming alone. it will be packaged along with MARK BLOUNT also has a nasty deal. he's also getting to the wrong side of 30.

SAR - soft temporary fix that fits the knicks philosphy perfectly.

more players will be added as the summer progresses. feel free to add players.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 04/27/2005 13:19:08]
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/21/2005  11:24 AM
You forgot Wally.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/21/2005  1:12 PM
what do you feel about Antoine Walker? i'm sorta split on the idea of getting him personally...on 1 hand i think he could really be a big upgrade over TT at SF, but on the other he doesn't really fit the uptempo style game i'd like for this team next year...i'll say he makes my list of "NO THANKS".

also, add Spree to that list as well...he burned his bridge...let him feed his family on someone else's payroll
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
USA
4/21/2005  1:29 PM
Yeah, a year ago I would have taken Spree back for a cheap price, but now, he's close to rockbottom on his decline and he's just a little prick. No way to Spree at this point.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/21/2005  1:32 PM
I would add Olowokandi to that list.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/21/2005  1:55 PM
No thanks to all of those scrubbs. I like Ray Allan, but not for the price that he will be asking for. He is money down the stretch, but he doesn't play defense

No to Dampier also, because his contract is way too long.....

RAY ALLEN - 30 years old, with some history of knee trouble. looks to be the h20 remix.

ZACH RANDOLPH - young but very selfish and just had microfacture knee surgery...yikes.

MIKE FINLEY - 30+ years old and CLEARLY on the downside of his career. also plagued with injuries.

EDDIE CURRY - irregular heartbeat. fills a need but another injury risk.

THEO RATLIFF - on major downside of his career and looks to be finished.

WALLY ZCERBIAK. I would only agree to get Zcerbiak if and only if they are willing to trade their 1st round pick to us for Kurt and TT

[Edited by - diderotn on 04/21/2005 14:00:37]
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
USA
4/21/2005  2:03 PM
Isiah should make Odoms a priority. He needs to strongly pursue a trade for this cat. He would be our number 2 star, and he would complement Marb and the rest of the frontline nicely. He is everything that our frontline isnt. He can create, pass, postup when he wants, rebound, block shots, young and he is from N.Y.....

Posted by TMS:

what do you feel about Antoine Walker? i'm sorta split on the idea of getting him personally...on 1 hand i think he could really be a big upgrade over TT at SF, but on the other he doesn't really fit the uptempo style game i'd like for this team next year...i'll say he makes my list of "NO THANKS".

also, add Spree to that list as well...he burned his bridge...let him feed his family on someone else's payroll
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/21/2005  3:25 PM
I know some like him, but I'd add Ruben Patterson- too much off the court headaches.

And is Artest too controversial to put on the list? I'd put him there, unless it was dirt cheap the cost of getting him.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/21/2005  3:43 PM
i think the gist of this NO THANKS CLUB is to stay away from the hurt or aging player that makes WAY too much money.

ruben, oliwakandi, artest - they all have issues but none of them make crazy $$$'s to not take a chance on (except mr. tiki bob's).
Allanfan20
USA
4/21/2005  4:06 PM
If it's for really cheap I'll go for Artest. Olowokandi just sucks dude. We don't wanna go that way. lol

Ruben is a defense first type guy and he even does things on offense. He's good and cheap. He's a not very nice version of JYD. For pure bball, I'll take him anyday.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/21/2005  5:05 PM
I like that list, and I am tempted to add Al harrington to that list also..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
USA
4/21/2005  5:19 PM
give me Al Harrington over Fat Albert, Crazy Eyes & Fugazy anyday.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/21/2005  6:50 PM
I wouldn't say no to Finley and possibly Damp if it meant us getting Howard or Daniels. Probably won't happen though.

Szerbs I might take if we could also shed some dough on our end...like Taylor, Rose, JYD, KT...put a couple of those guys together.

Ray Allen I think is a much better player than Allan Houston was/is. Gets more rebs, sets up teammates more and makes more big shots. Still, being on the wrong side of 30 he has a rightful place on the list, unless he was acquired with fairly reasonable contract.

I'd add Damon Stoudemire. I don't want to waste the full MLE on a small, no-defense backup PG when there will be younger, more cost effective options.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/21/2005  11:58 PM
Correction: He's 29.
He's also playing as well as he ever has. I don't get the H20 comment. I haven't heard any reports that he'll need any knee surgery--let alone microfracture surgery.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/22/2005  12:45 AM
Posted by TMS:

Heck give me a bud light over those 3 if you want to know the truth, but why settle? just because Harrington is Slightly better and yes he is slightly better, does not mean we should go after him. we need to aspire for better than that.. I see harrington play a lot here in atlanta and I will tell you like briggs put it in another thread.. harrington is a retread.... I think harrington is a good player, I like the kid, but we need to aspire for much better, I am tired of the mediocrity....

Again, put him in the NO thanks club....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/22/2005  7:40 AM
We need anyone that can provide some shot blocking in the starting lineup. One of the reason why we were so bad defensively is because we are a jump shooting/pick & roll type of team. Our interior defense is as soft as butter because we have reallied so much on a slow, unathletic, 6'9" jump shooter like Kurt as our Center. The Knicks need to make a decision about what type of team that they really want to be, therfore, once they figure that out, they can decide of who to hire as a coach and who to bring in to fit that style. If we are going to be a fast jump shooting team, by all means, stock this roster with jump shooters, but if we are going to be a half court squad, bring in guys that can postup, block shots, etc. What type of team were we this season? our shooting percentage was low, our postup game was poor, our defense was horrible, and our records is our witness.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2005  8:50 AM
No Sean May in draft.

diderotn
USA
4/22/2005  9:59 AM
where did you hear that?
TMS
USA
4/22/2005  11:07 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by TMS:

Heck give me a bud light over those 3 if you want to know the truth, but why settle? just because Harrington is Slightly better and yes he is slightly better, does not mean we should go after him. we need to aspire for better than that.. I see harrington play a lot here in atlanta and I will tell you like briggs put it in another thread.. harrington is a retread.... I think harrington is a good player, I like the kid, but we need to aspire for much better, I am tired of the mediocrity....

Again, put him in the NO thanks club....

right, i forgot...he wants Darius Miles & Zach Randolph instead...those guys oughta put us over the top next year.
diderotn
USA
4/22/2005  11:58 AM
We don't need any of Portland's players in N.Y. I don't care if it is Zach or Stoudamire. Portland is not the team to deal with...We need disciplined and defensive minded players
The Official 2005 NO THANKS CLUB

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy