[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MItch Lawrence, why is he such a punk?????????/
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/21/2005  10:09 AM
What in the world is wrong with this reporter? Did he even playing the game of basketball throughout his life? because He is always criticizing Isiah or better yet Marburry for our failure. This man appears clueless in all his reports, therefore somebody needs to shut him down. Kobe nor KG nor Lebron has been criticized as badly as he has criticized Marburry. I know that he is a N.Y. reporter, but he needs to shut the hell up....From day one he has been on Isiah and Marburry and he is beginning to irritate the hell out of me with his reports.....The one guy that played a full 82 games and has produced heavilly while playing hurt, is the one that he wants to trade??? What is wrong with this dude...????
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/21/2005  10:22 AM
he's always bashed the knicks. and he didn't like isiah or marbury and wrote about it. before the season, we all considered it hate but in hindsight, what they wrote turned out to be right, REGARDLESS of their motives and basis.

now, it's obviously apparent that he, chad ford, and others will never really give this team props UNTIL the results are wins and they have that right.

with his current article talking about trading marbury, there is one difference - the knicks don't have any young stud in place already that they can afford the luxury of trading marbury. all the previous times marbury was traded, either amare, kmart/rj, kg were all still on the team. when shaq was traded, kobe was still there, and when odom was traded, wade was still there. we don't have any young player waiting in the wings to take over so trading marbury now wouldn't yield the same results as the previous times marbury was traded. so this article is kinda stupid.

but all those "haters" turned out to be right at the end of the day based purely on results and again, REGARDLESS of their motives and basis.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/21/2005  10:43 AM
Yes, spending 105 million and winning 33 games is not going to lead to good reviews.

Dolan is so afraid of an attendance drop he will compromise the product for the cash flow buzz.

"Haters" will hate until there is a reason not to. I give props to those "haters" who early on bashed this team while we complained thru our optimism! "Haters" are more correct in their assesement than we are as fans.

The statement Lawrence wrote: "There are other roster moves that have to be made. But if there's ever going to be a turnaround in New York, it has to start with Marbury. Not moving from point guard to shooting guard, but moving on, to a fifth team where he could perhaps enjoy success as the No. 2 man to a dominant star, or playing for a taskmaster-type coach."

Now if Isiah can provide this kind of environment here without trading him all the better. But we have seen Vince do well not being the man, Kobe/Lakers struggle witout Shaq (hence, Kobe is promoted to "the Man", and Wade Blossom with "the man", its easy to see that Marbs would be more valueable as a side kick than the focal point. And if we can't do this with Marbs, then he should be a tool to get one, and draft a side kick and develope further. It is true Isiah needs to do somthing bold.

Einstein: "the problem at hand must be solved with a higher level of thinking than that in which created it.

I fisrt used that when it became apparent that Layden was not going to do anyting stupid anymore and was starting to collect assets and not make anymore "starphuck" trades. Dolan seemed ok with this and we were on the right track. Not that lampe or Vujanic were the answer, and perhaps the marbury trade was in fact Laydens idea, but it seemed spending as gonna come down, and we were gonna blow it up. What did Dolan do? Ramped it up. Thats right, the garden was dead cuz were were rebuilding! and what Did dolan do, got Isiah to spend it back into a buzz! Does not work. Never did, never will.

Hating? Just another word for caring! Does Lawrence car? He earns a living from this ****, and if you let it bother you, your not getting the point.

MS
Member: #724
4/21/2005  10:51 AM
Its unbelievable that an owner who is so concerned with attendence isn't really concerned with the bottom line....he is as bad as donald sterling....

Last night was fan appreciation night, and they were offering half priced popcorn, this mother****er doesn't give season ticket holders one break all season, god forbid he includes a yearbook or some free meal vouchers, my tickets went up $10 for that fantastic sweep last year

all we get is a letter from people that shouldn't be employed Isiah, Mills, whomever saying how promising the season will be....

Gentlemen please get a clue for next season
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/21/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Yes, spending 105 million and winning 33 games is not going to lead to good reviews.

Dolan is so afraid of an attendance drop he will compromise the product for the cash flow buzz.

"Haters" will hate until there is a reason not to. I give props to those "haters" who early on bashed this team while we complained thru our optimism! "Haters" are more correct in their assesement than we are as fans.

The statement Lawrence wrote: "There are other roster moves that have to be made. But if there's ever going to be a turnaround in New York, it has to start with Marbury. Not moving from point guard to shooting guard, but moving on, to a fifth team where he could perhaps enjoy success as the No. 2 man to a dominant star, or playing for a taskmaster-type coach."

Now if Isiah can provide this kind of environment here without trading him all the better. But we have seen Vince do well not being the man, Kobe/Lakers struggle witout Shaq (hence, Kobe is promoted to "the Man", and Wade Blossom with "the man", its easy to see that Marbs would be more valueable as a side kick than the focal point. And if we can't do this with Marbs, then he should be a tool to get one, and draft a side kick and develope further. It is true Isiah needs to do somthing bold.

Einstein: "the problem at hand must be solved with a higher level of thinking than that in which created it.

I fisrt used that when it became apparent that Layden was not going to do anyting stupid anymore and was starting to collect assets and not make anymore "starphuck" trades. Dolan seemed ok with this and we were on the right track. Not that lampe or Vujanic were the answer, and perhaps the marbury trade was in fact Laydens idea, but it seemed spending as gonna come down, and we were gonna blow it up. What did Dolan do? Ramped it up. Thats right, the garden was dead cuz were were rebuilding! and what Did dolan do, got Isiah to spend it back into a buzz! Does not work. Never did, never will.

Hating? Just another word for caring! Does Lawrence car? He earns a living from this ****, and if you let it bother you, your not getting the point.

Great post Nalod.Lawrence didnt offer any specifics on how he would solve the problem himself beyond trading Marbury which he should have,but overall I think this is a case of "shooting the messenger".I wish he were wrong but he said alot of things about Marbury that are true up to this point.

Still,Im not 100% set on trading him...yet.I want to see what Isiah does over the summer first.If he screws up it wont matter who is running the point or if Marbury is on the team or not.We arent going anywhere.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/21/2005  11:02 AM
Nalod! I agree with everything that you have said, but until the next 2 years, there will not be a big name megastar available for the Knicks to consider. We could have had our chances last season, but Layden F...ed that up for us. As for now, what all Knickebockers need to talk about is the draft and how to unload 3 of our PFs. Simple is that. Isiah has done wrong by hiring Lenny, if we bash him for that, I will agree. However, as for the other moves, I do believe that they are all decent moves given the situation that we are in....Now we have draft picks and expiring contracts, let's see what Isiah does with them
The true Knickabocker..........
MItch Lawrence, why is he such a punk?????????/

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy