[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Craw is Special!!
Author Thread
Travla
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #723
USA
4/21/2005  1:52 AM
Crawford may be wild and erratic but I see the potential of a great combo guard. He will come back next season with more muscle and he'll get better in time. He had 29 games of 20 or more points, including 5 games of 30 or more and 2 games of 40 or more. If he learns to shoot with a consistant flow, he will be great, if he doesn't, he'll still be better than a lot of other guards in this league. I feel that Craw and Marbs are just now starting to get a feel for each other. I don't know about next seasons front line but I think our starting guards are set. We'll see what next season brings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/21/2005  1:58 AM
Craw is fun to watch, but we can't have two starting guards who can't play defense. Craw has to come off the bench - he could be sixth man of the year, but they can't share too many minutes, it's a recipe for disaster.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/21/2005  3:06 AM
Work on his body, on his shot selection, give him a clear role on the team, bring a coach that can transform his potential into reality and makes him work on defense the way he can. Crawford can be great if he would work on getting better, and he seems to be willing to do that.
Knicks_Fan
raven
Member: #316
Canada
4/21/2005  3:08 AM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Craw is fun to watch, but we can't have two starting guards who can't play defense. Craw has to come off the bench - he could be sixth man of the year, but they can't share too many minutes, it's a recipe for disaster.

wasn't that the plan at the beginning of the season ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/21/2005  3:25 AM
Posted by raven:
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

wasn't that the plan at the beginning of the season ?
Probably so but between injuries, H20's false starts, coaching changes and turmoil in general, not as much progress has been made. I think this plan is perfect for next year with a coach and a system, and a plan. We'll see what happens with our picks.
Ira
Member: #91
4/21/2005  10:24 AM
I hope he does improve, but since he's had five seasons in the nba and hasn't shown much improvement to date - both in his defense and shot selection - I'm not really expecting him to improve next season. If it happens, that will be great, but I'm not optimistic.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/21/2005  10:55 AM
how has he not shown much improvement? He's gotten better every year considerably. He played 2 years of HS ball and one year of college. Every coach says hes a hard worker. He's got flaws but there is clearly an upside here
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/21/2005  11:04 AM
Like I said in another post,I believe that the all-star break is plenty of time for him to show that he learned something over the summer.If he is still a chucker with no D then Id rather see him moved.We cant afford wait until his contract is almost up for him to develop into the kind of player we hoped and the longer we do wait the lower his trade value.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
I am willing to tolerate Crawfford until next season, but if he shows no improvements as far as shots selection next season, I will advocate for him to be gone by mid-season. For all that it's worth, Isiah should have traded him to Toronto for Vince when we had the chance...
The true Knickabocker..........
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
I definitely want to see Crawford stay and play starting PG as opposed to SG. The offense runs and runs when he's running and he penetrates a lot more and his shot selection is a little better. But when he's shooting guard, it seems he magically turns into the 3 jacker.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
4/21/2005  11:14 AM
I don't agree with the notion of playing Crawff as a starting PG, he is what he is, just a combo guard. Marb is a scorring PG and there is nothing wrong with his game. As for him not being able to make guys better, I despise that also, in my opinion, if guys were knocking down their shots, and contributed to the win colums, Marb would have definitely been a candidate for MVP. When you equate the many miss shots that TT and Crawf have had togeter, those could have look great in the assist colum for Marb....it is not his fault that he has marginal talents around him...Amare looked really good as a rookie playing with Marb, although all that he did then was dunking the ball. Now that he has broaden his game by imcorporating a jumshot, and now that Q Richardson is shooting the 3 at a very nice percentage, Marburry would have been as good if not better than Nash with the system that they are running.....

Posted by Allanfan20:

I definitely want to see Crawford stay and play starting PG as opposed to SG. The offense runs and runs when he's running and he penetrates a lot more and his shot selection is a little better. But when he's shooting guard, it seems he magically turns into the 3 jacker.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/21/2005  11:23 AM
If you can locate the word Marbury in my post, let alone me saying anything bad about Marbury, then you're a better man than I.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
4/21/2005  11:35 AM
Part of my statement was a response to you and the rest was for the other Marburry critics.

Posted by Allanfan20:

If you can locate the word Marbury in my post, let alone me saying anything bad about Marbury, then you're a better man than I.
OldFan
Member: #446
4/21/2005  8:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

how has he not shown much improvement? He's gotten better every year considerably. He played 2 years of HS ball and one year of college. Every coach says hes a hard worker. He's got flaws but there is clearly an upside here

You have an interesting definition of considerably better:

His career shooting average is .397 this year .398
His career 3pt shooting average is .347 this year .361

His career A/To is 2.1 this year 2.0.

His career defense - Terrible this year Terrible.

The only thing I see him improving at is getting more minutes.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
4/21/2005  8:58 PM
I think the problem is too many Knicks fans expct Crawford to become a superstar SG, but it Ain't happenin! not now, not ever. At his size and frame I see him as an excellent career 6th man combo guard because he will never play the defense necessary to be a winning SG. Whats so wrong with that?

If he learned to contain himself and make better decisions I think he'd be a fine starting PG, maybe 3yrs down the line as Marbury gets older and his contract is up. Crawford at his size makes him an extremely tough match up for the opposing PG but as a SG he will always be atrocious!

That is the biggest mistake the Knicks are making! Hopefully they land a real SG otherwise we will never be a good defensive team with marbur and crawford playing together.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/21/2005 21:01:41]
OldFan
Member: #446
4/21/2005  9:06 PM
I was just agreeing with Ira. I don't see the big improvement Craw has supposedly had.
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
4/21/2005  9:16 PM
Posted by OldFan:

I was just agreeing with Ira. I don't see the big improvement Craw has supposedly had.

Yeah I'm not very optimistic either which is why I think it will be safe to bring in a real SG and let him be the 6th man combo guard off the bench with the possibility of maybe taking over at PG in the future.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/22/2005  10:34 AM
Im not sure what will Craw develope into? He definitely has a lot of potential but who knows in what will that potential transform into. I still believe that he can play better defense along with having better selection of shots, and if he can do that, he will be a great player for us.
Knicks_Fan
rojasmas
Member: #639
4/22/2005  9:41 PM
If I could package this guy with KT or TT he would be out the door... Too much not to like. Shot selection, lack of defense, timid, etc, etc.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/23/2005  12:16 AM
Wow. Lot of negativity about Crawford. Marv had a good point about Crawford at the begining of the season. I dont remember it word for word but it was something like this: Crawford got his contract with the Knicks for being the player he was in Chicago. Its the only way he knows. He will have to discipline himself to take better shots and play defense. He is still young and has a lot of time to learn.

I really agreed with that then and I still do today. I think us Knick fans have to figure out how much time we will give him to improve. Is one season enough? Is Kwazimodal's all star break the deadline? I say one more season to decide.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Craw is Special!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy