Just throwing another MLE option out there:
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/21/2005  12:30 AM
Eddie Griffin.

He's a long, athletic 6'10" power forward who can run the floor and finish on the break. He's a good rebounder (7.5 rebs off the bench) and most importantly, an EXCELLENT shotblocker (2.1 bpg).

He only made 700,000 this year in Minnie. That team is going to be totally retooled. We may be able to snag him. I know we'd to get rid of a power forward or two, but I think when you can get a shotblocker like this kid, it's worth it. We already know Zeke would be interested (remember the quote: "three months ago you had Eddie Griffin turning us down, now players like Kobe and Toine and Sheed are saying they're interested." ... typical Zeke smoke-blowing, but it means he would be interested in Eddie).

I'd say Eddie is at least as good, if not better than Drew gooden. I'd definitely be interested in offering him a big chunk of the MLE.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/21/2005  12:49 AM
Yeah I agree he's worth a look- I like his toughness and versatility. He's underrated because of the off the court stuff, but he's a few years older now so it might be cool. If guys like Dalembert and Chandler are all out of our reach, we have to look at Griff.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/21/2005  1:02 AM
yeah even if those guys are available and we get them we should still look at this guy. Our frontcourt could be athletic and defensive oriented and we let our offense come from 1,2,3 and of course the drive and dish/dump.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/21/2005  11:32 AM
i'd rather have Gadzuric who will give you alot of the same things w/o the emotional off the court issues.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Just throwing another MLE option out there:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy