[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

right now here is my top 4 for the first pick
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2005  12:51 PM
1. Andrew Bogut 7- 245C--obvious pick has it all intimidator all the fundamentals, long powerful arms and legs, will be a nightmare to defend either scoring or passing. Leader toughness IQ Duncanesque

2. Marvin Williams 6-9 230F--I think Marvin is the clear cut two. hes what i would call Antwan Jamison who has gobbled down a gallon of testosterone. VERY aggresive player with immense size athletsicm and skills. Raw yet has shown it all. Ferociuos rebounder. Like I said with Howard last year, if Marvin plays 35 minutes, he will average 11-12 rebounds. Perfect fundamental shooting stroke. Learning to post up, immense talent iMHO, highest UPSIDE of the draft even though I like bogut better. Not a shot blocker though, and hasnt shown the leadership skills which puts Bogut ahead of him in my mind

3. Gerald Greene 6-8 210SG--Again, I think it's an obvious choice. Because hes not a big, hes 3, but he has franchise type talent from the 2G at 6-8, again perfect shooting stroke, athletsicm off the charts--up there with josh smith jason richardson. needs to devlop dribble penetration more with a mid range game

4. Andrea Bargnani 7-0 235 --now I'm not a big foreign guy, Im sure people know that, but from everything I have come up with from the newer video clips that I have seen, to his recent dominating type play, to the fact that he outplayed chris Bosh last year, his eery resmblence to Pau Gasol, to me hes a notch above these other guys. he may not be as polished physically as the 22 year old Vazquez, but hes a real 7 footer who can play inside out like Gasol. Blocks shots, passes can shoot in and out better athlete than taft

obviously i dont give a sht about chris paul ray felton and I think this guy trumps splitter and taft

so my thinking is , possibly 1 of these guys will fall to us without any movement or moving up due to the fact that teams like Utah and Charlotte are likely to take PGs.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/20/2005  12:58 PM
QUestion re: Bargnani - will he be a PF in the pros? no chance for him playing center?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/20/2005  1:01 PM
where are the video clips, cause i want to see them!!!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/20/2005  1:08 PM
PF or Center, as long as his game is as advertised, with possibly Z in the frontcourt, we would be just fine. The Sweet and Kurt rotation has to go. I like Sweet, but he too has to go, because this draft is too rich not to capitalize from it....The only guys I wouldn't trade are: Marburry, JYD and Ariza. Those three have came to play this season and they show that they are the right players to keep around. other than that, the rest have to go...

]
Posted by Marv:

QUestion re: Bargnani - will he be a PF in the pros? no chance for him playing center?
[/quote]
The true Knickabocker..........
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/20/2005  3:18 PM
Posted by Marv:

I don't see this guy in the draft proyections? Where does he comes from? Where did you fing the info from?
Knicks_Fan
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2005  3:44 PM
scout briggs, what radar did you pick bargnani up on?.......some kind of private audition ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/20/2005  4:03 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

1. Andrew Bogut 7- 245C--obvious pick has it all intimidator all the fundamentals, long powerful arms and legs, will be a nightmare to defend either scoring or passing. Leader toughness IQ Duncanesque

2. Marvin Williams 6-9 230F--I think Marvin is the clear cut two. hes what i would call Antwan Jamison who has gobbled down a gallon of testosterone. VERY aggresive player with immense size athletsicm and skills. Raw yet has shown it all. Ferociuos rebounder. Like I said with Howard last year, if Marvin plays 35 minutes, he will average 11-12 rebounds. Perfect fundamental shooting stroke. Learning to post up, immense talent iMHO, highest UPSIDE of the draft even though I like bogut better. Not a shot blocker though, and hasnt shown the leadership skills which puts Bogut ahead of him in my mind

3. Gerald Greene 6-8 210SG--Again, I think it's an obvious choice. Because hes not a big, hes 3, but he has franchise type talent from the 2G at 6-8, again perfect shooting stroke, athletsicm off the charts--up there with josh smith jason richardson. needs to devlop dribble penetration more with a mid range game

4. Andrea Bargnani 7-0 235 --now I'm not a big foreign guy, Im sure people know that, but from everything I have come up with from the newer video clips that I have seen, to his recent dominating type play, to the fact that he outplayed chris Bosh last year, his eery resmblence to Pau Gasol, to me hes a notch above these other guys. he may not be as polished physically as the 22 year old Vazquez, but hes a real 7 footer who can play inside out like Gasol. Blocks shots, passes can shoot in and out better athlete than taft

obviously i dont give a sht about chris paul ray felton and I think this guy trumps splitter and taft

so my thinking is , possibly 1 of these guys will fall to us without any movement or moving up due to the fact that teams like Utah and Charlotte are likely to take PGs.

that was a classic line Briggs..... hahahahaa..

I like that...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2005  4:07 PM
top 4 as in the #1 pick overall I assume.

Who's your top 4 for *our* first pick?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rain
Member: #353
USA
4/20/2005  4:18 PM
Your undervaluing Chris Paul and Deron Williams, IMO. These are premium players at premium positions that will step in and start. Greene makes sense for our team... but the shift, to production right away .. with success' and immediate contributions from polished college players... such as Wade, Hinrich, and Gordon... should be noted.

Greene makes alot of sense for us, because we need a super-star to groom for the next generaion. These other teams like Utah, Atlanta, Charlotte (without a PG), Milwaulkee aren't going to spend alot of money to sit someone down on the bench for three years... they need a draw, some immediate contribution,..we will have this patience, hopefully.

[Edited by - rain on 04/20/2005 16:19:10]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2005  7:17 PM
Posted by rain:

Your undervaluing Chris Paul and Deron Williams, IMO. These are premium players at premium positions that will step in and start. Greene makes sense for our team... but the shift, to production right away .. with success' and immediate contributions from polished college players... such as Wade, Hinrich, and Gordon... should be noted.

Greene makes alot of sense for us, because we need a super-star to groom for the next generaion. These other teams like Utah, Atlanta, Charlotte (without a PG), Milwaulkee aren't going to spend alot of money to sit someone down on the bench for three years... they need a draw, some immediate contribution,..we will have this patience, hopefully.

well, lets hope they are up there for sure. Im counting us at 7 and if 2 of those PGs are in there, I think we have a great chance at either Green or the Italian kid
RIP Crushalot😞
SKY
Member: #687
USA
4/20/2005  10:12 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/andreabargnani.asp
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/20/2005  10:52 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by rain:

well, lets hope they are up there for sure. Im counting us at 7 and if 2 of those PGs are in there, I think we have a great chance at either Green or the Italian kid
I think Green will be available to the Knicks. LOL, the teams ahead of them have other concerns and project SGs. It will be interesting to to see what Utah and Atlanta do. I expect a trade between them depending on where the two land. I have a feeling that the Knicks will wind up with the #3 pick "somehow" It kinda satisfies everyone. They get as close as possible to winning the lottery which probably satisfies Knick fans to keep them interested and they are denied the #1 pick to satisfy the rest of the NBA fanbase. That's of course if you believe that the lottery is rigged.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  11:02 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by rain:

I think Green will be available to the Knicks. LOL, the teams ahead of them have other concerns and project SGs. It will be interesting to to see what Utah and Atlanta do. I expect a trade between them depending on where the two land. I have a feeling that the Knicks will wind up with the #3 pick "somehow" It kinda satisfies everyone. They get as close as possible to winning the lottery which probably satisfies Knick fans to keep them interested and they are denied the #1 pick to satisfy the rest of the NBA fanbase. That's of course if you believe that the lottery is rigged.
we heard those theories the last two times the Knicks were in the lottery and it obviously didn't work out. I don't buy the fantasy that the lottery is rigged.
right now here is my top 4 for the first pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy