[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All Small play for ping pong balls: Its all just Biz, tank and don't take a Wiz!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2005  8:52 AM

Knicks suck. Thats the 2005 season.

Can't really expect our draft picks will yield any thing spectacular in the short term, so we likly gonna suck again. Hopefully not as bad.

coach's, sign and trades, trades,draft........all more exciting than real games!

This seasons highlight? The comeback game against philly when Allan hit a 3 to tie it up for overtime! JYD looked like connie hawkins, Allan was clutch!

Lowlight? Take a pick!

Get your **** together Isiah! Go in a direction and stay the course. We will back the team if you blow it up! Just tell us what your gonna do! Stop wasting time and money!

Im watching the NEts-Boston game. This is what it comes down to, I gotta watch a Nets game. If I like what I see, who knows? I gotta watch a game that means somthing! Dammit Isiah, now your pushing me to the nets!
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/20/2005  8:59 AM
yeah I loved that Allan shot against Philly! Sigh . . . what Allan could have brought to this team this year . . .

My other 2 highlights - the 1st win of the season, again coming aginst Philly. The game following the Boston blowout - man did we need that win.

Also - the Craw shot at the buzzer against Houston. That was crazy and too sweet!
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/20/2005  9:41 AM
He would have bring exactly what he brought us last season....

Posted by Marv:

yeah I loved that Allan shot against Philly! Sigh . . . what Allan could have brought to this team this year . . .

My other 2 highlights - the 1st win of the season, again coming aginst Philly. The game following the Boston blowout - man did we need that win.

Also - the Craw shot at the buzzer against Houston. That was crazy and too sweet!
The true Knickabocker..........
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
4/20/2005  9:44 AM
What a crazy season. Im kinda sad its over but on the other hand im happy its over. It feels like just yesterday we were counting down the days to the season opener in Minny . I really thought we were gonna be in the playoffs this year, especially after that win against Minnesota at the Garden but oh well time to look forward to the draft. Do your thing Isiah!!!!
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/20/2005  11:17 AM
i have season tickets to this team and the best game i've gone to all year was that philly game. my friend got some nice tix so we went on that friday night and it turned out to be the best game of the year for the knicks.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/20/2005  11:26 AM
We finish the season off with Nalod's Game thread . I love these thread titles man. Hopefully you will have a chance to come up with some winning titles talking trash against the opponents next season.

Marv: That Philly game was cool. I dislike Houston but his shot to send it to overtime was really great. That game overall was great. We could've built off it into a meaningful season but that didnt happen. Hopefully next year.

I agree with you NYK3. Mixed feelings on this end too. Happy but still a little sad. I also remember that thread with the countdown like it was yesterday. We gotta start one this year too. Kept me going.

djsunyc: I have been boycotting season tickets plans and mini plans for 2 years now. I am however planning on buying a 12 game plan next season. I have some faith. I think the trade deadline 2006 will be the defining moment for Isiah and his Knicks.

Oh man, I cannot wait. I am not sure if I will watch the whole game, part of the game or not watch it at all but for some reason, I just cannot wait. Not sure what I am cheering for but nonetheless, LETS GO KNICKS!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/20/2005  11:43 AM
Don't forget the draft it will be just as defining as the trade deadline if not more since we got a pretty good chance at a good pick in this deep draft. There's no Lebrons or Duncans but there are some very good players like mcgradys, jamisons, Illgaukus, marions, marburys AT LEAST

and the draft will be a much cheaper fix than taking on more HUGE salaries at the trade deadline. But if the player is worth it like a Marbury then its not a problem. If not then just let TT/Penny expire so we can go after Lebron
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/20/2005  1:25 PM
Can I root for them to win tonight? Is the 7th spot in the lottery secure for us? Its been a while since I have wanted NY to win a game, so it would be a nice way to close out this season.

MVP: Well, the MVP has to be Marbury because he really did all he could do to make us winners. Its just that, like he said, he just hasn't had the right supporting cast to win. But he has a great season ans, more than anytime in the past, he looked like a guy that wanted to make the others around him better. Its sad to be in Marbury's place because he is constantly called a loser and the thing he wanted the most was to be a Knick and look at how all has worked out so far. If it were possible, I would love to keep Marbury and really bring him the right supporting cast so he can make his biggest dream come true: winning a championship for NY. If only Isiah was able to make it happen...

Best hope for the future: Trevor Ariza. Who really thought he would have such a great season, even though he didn't play as much as we wanted him to. A 40+ pick in the draft turned out to be the best young player we've seen this season and in a looong time in our franchise. Great defense, great hustle, great talent and potential! Sweetney has to work on his body and his fouls. Crawford has to work with his body too and with his shot selection. Butler, well, lets hope we see him next season.

Most exciting thing of the season: Has yet to come. To every lottery team, the best thing has to be the draft, along with any other trade that comes. Its no different to us. Can you imagine the excitement we will have when we end up with one of the top three picks in the draft? There will be more things to write about the draft than anything the knicks acomplished this season. And after the draft? The trading season begins, customers! Yay!!

I will miss watching the orange and blue playing an NBA game in a while. Its sad, but it was also sad to see some of the players wearing those colors and what they did, or didn't.
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
USA
4/20/2005  1:34 PM
I dont want to win regardless our our lotto position. I don't want this team to have any false hopes after winning this meaningless game. Hopefully they lose like they've been losing all year to help them see that they have a lot of work to do. with guys like crawford, kurt,TT, penny etc
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/20/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I dont want to win regardless our our lotto position. I don't want this team to have any false hopes after winning this meaningless game. Hopefully they lose like they've been losing all year to help them see that they have a lot of work to do. with guys like crawford, kurt,TT, penny etc

Washington will likely rest his starters for the playoffs, so...
Knicks_Fan
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2005  3:13 PM
gee wiz, what a most pleasant reminder in that playing a team that goes from a disappointing 25-37 record one year only to finish 10 games above .500 the following year......wow

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
4/20/2005  6:24 PM
Pleasant Surprises:

Trevor Ariza
JYD
Rose
Mo Taylor

No reaction:

Stephon Marbury
Kurt Thomas
Mike Sweetney
Jamal Crawford

Dissapointments:

Tim Thomas
Penny Hardaway
Allan Houston

It's plain to see that running a playoff team is hard when 3 of your 4 MAX salary guys are also your 3 biggest underacheivers on the season.

Imagine, if you can, just being able to wipe all three salaries away. We're still over the cap with a million PFs but at least the salaries would be down to 55mil and we'd still be a 32 win team. Our salary figure to win ratio is outrageous for those three reasons.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/20/2005  6:26 PM
Oh wow, I was sitting on these boards all day and I forgot there was a game tonight.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/20/2005  6:28 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Oh wow, I was sitting on these boards all day and I forgot there was a game tonight.

Last Knick game of the year.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/20/2005  6:32 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Washington will likely rest his starters for the playoffs, so...

Don't think so...Wash is fighting for 1st round home court advantage vs Boston, so they should play to win.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  6:39 PM
Posted by Bobby:

gee wiz, what a most pleasant reminder in that playing a team that goes from a disappointing 25-37 record one year only to finish 10 games above .500 the following year......wow
You read my mind. Maybe trading a lottery pick for a nice established player doesn't always backfire?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/20/2005 18:40:08]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/20/2005  7:15 PM
gosh darn, washington is like sitting half or most of the SL. and if arenas and hughes even play they just said limited minutes

jamison out for sure

im still holding out for a loss, im not positive of the tie breaker scenario, and if it is something like what andrew posted if we win and gs loses we are 8 and they are 7

many other people feel like there are multiple coin flips. i still do not know. id rather lose heartily, but if they come out with peter john ramos, profit and peler as their frontline, you know no matter what we will play crawford 45 minutes and all the cores go long.

id like to see us just lose and take any potential problems out. i would hate to go from 7 to 9 right now. i feel at 7 we are in good, good shape. I feel we have a great chance to get a 7 footer at 7.
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
4/20/2005  7:29 PM
I want the knix to end the season on a high note and show some energy/the young ones, so if they win, I really don't care. I don't believe changing from 7 to 9 will ultimately kill our hopes or chances of a turn around that much.

[Edited by - teslawlo on 04/20/2005 19:29:55]
http://allknicks.com
gunsnewing
USA
4/20/2005  8:16 PM
yes we are losing 50-38 so far!

again I can't watch cos comcast doesn't get FSN

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/20/2005 20:31:42]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2005  9:04 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Bobby:

You read my mind. Maybe trading a lottery pick for a nice established player doesn't always backfire?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/20/2005 18:40:08]

yep.....i call it sanity check
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
All Small play for ping pong balls: Its all just Biz, tank and don't take a Wiz!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy