[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need winners around Marburry........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/20/2005  7:49 AM
Crawff, Kurt, TT, Sweetney, Mo T, JYD can not be considered winners. They can't be relied on every night as a solid supportive cast that can power Marburry and this team into winning games. Marburry had his best years playing with athletic guys like Marion, Amare, Joe Johnson, etc, those are the type of guys that we should surround this kid with. Carter would have been a great addition, because he can command a certain respect, and most of all, he plays way above the rim. Isiah has to be very careful this next up coming season about who he decides to bring around. We shouldn't just trade players for the hell of it, we need to be smart about the team makeup. Here are the few names that I would love for Isiah to pursue:

Draft:
Green, Pietro, Taft, Williams, May, the 7'3" Russian dude, and another 7'.

FA or Trade
Sarunas Jasikevicius, Please say no to Zcerbiak unless we are trading Kurt and Penny for him and a draft pick, Jimmy Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson, etc. You have noticed that all of the names on this particular list are excellent shooters, it is because we need to replace Houston.

I am beginning to feel sorry for Marburry, because this little man really works hard every night, but his supportive cast don't always show up to play.

Last but not least, Marburry needs a coach that will put the ball in his hands in the last minutes of games for the big shot. He is very capable of knocking down that shot, his coach just has to ask him to take it. Don't give him any other option, because Marb is at his best when he is determined to take and make the shot....if Marb ever has to get selfish, it has to be in the last few seconds of games....
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2005  8:19 AM
forget about the loser winner thing. Jamison and Hughes were losers. The Bulls were losers. Dampier was a loser. Rickey Davis was a loser... bla bla bla

How about deciding on a style of play and putting guys together with skills that fit.

To me uptempo and athletic is the best way to go with this group. We already have Marbury, Ariza, JYD and Ariza that thrive in motion and transition. So build around those guys. I not going to start with the pseudo trades, we have heard them all, but try to balance the roster and get guys that fit with that style of play, even if you have to take less talent back at times.

Do that and you will have a very different idea on who is a loser and winner
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  8:54 AM
I agree, that is why I have mentioned the need for a coach in the last paragraph. Washington has Jordan who is a master at using the Princeton style, but as it stand right now, we only have Herb who doesn't have a style. We know that Phil has the triangle, and I don't know what other style that there is out there. However, for any style to be effective, you have to have two players or more that are efficient or savvy enough to run the style. We don't have 2 players but Marburry who is efficient enough to run a style through. Isiah needs to find a guy, maybe Z as the second player to help Marburry. So far, Craw, Houston, SWeetney, TT, Penny, Kurt, etc, have not been the right fit....

Posted by fishmike:

forget about the loser winner thing. Jamison and Hughes were losers. The Bulls were losers. Dampier was a loser. Rickey Davis was a loser... bla bla bla

How about deciding on a style of play and putting guys together with skills that fit.

To me uptempo and athletic is the best way to go with this group. We already have Marbury, Ariza, JYD and Ariza that thrive in motion and transition. So build around those guys. I not going to start with the pseudo trades, we have heard them all, but try to balance the roster and get guys that fit with that style of play, even if you have to take less talent back at times.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/20/2005  9:44 AM
Posted by fishmike:

you can say that over & over again on this board but the point never seems to get across to some...remember the thread we discussed how a collection of so-called "losers" won it all in DET last year? i can't agree w/you more & i've said it time & time again...we need to go w/1 plan & stick w/that plan to form a style of play...either we go the fast uptempo route & make moves towards that end, or we switch direction & go the opposite route & go after bigger players who'll flourish in the halfcourt game...Layden tried to go that route but made idiotic decisions all along the way.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  9:51 AM
so, the next question is: who will you hire as our coach??? Before the draft, we must have an answer for our coaching position. Because if we don't know who our coach will be, how in the world can we draft players that will fit a certain style???
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/20/2005  9:58 AM
Posted by diderotn:

so, the next question is: who will you hire as our coach??? Before the draft, we must have an answer for our coaching position. Because if we don't know who our coach will be, how in the world can we draft players that will fit a certain style???

i've addressed that several times on other threads...but if you need it to be repeated again then here is my list of candidates that i would look at:

1 - Riley
2 - Larry B
3 - Jax
4 - Isiah

if i can't get any of these 4, i simply stick w/Herb for another year...Nate McMillan would seem to be a good option for a run & gun style team, but i'm not convinced that this team would respond to any other coach much better than they have to Herb unless you get 1 of those top 4 guys i listed above.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  10:16 AM
I have seen this list a few times, but the first 3 will not coach this Knicks next season, mainly because they will all have better offers thrown at them. I want Zeke to coach this team, because only he can get our boys to do well.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/20/2005  11:16 AM
Eisley, Anderson
Winners with Karl and Stockton
Not so much as Knicks
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  11:19 AM
what the hell does that mean????

Posted by eViL:

Eisley, Anderson
Not so much as Knicks
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2005  11:48 AM
Posted by diderotn:

what the hell does that mean????

Posted by eViL:

Eisley, Anderson
Not so much as Knicks

Good role player will compliment great players.

Eisley and anderson were promoted for prime time and they were not that good. But they did real well on Utah! We got the wrong players here with marbs.

Funny, Briggs said this the moment we got Marbs!
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  12:07 PM
It is a work in progress. Isiah is aware of what it will take to turn Marburry's fortune around. Give him time, give him time.....
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  12:17 PM
Marb, Spree, Ariza, Odoms, and big Z

Drafted PG, Williams from NC, JYD, Butler, and drafted big Russian....

that is the way to go

Isiah coaching
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  2:02 PM
What if we end up with the 3rd pick of the draft, what would you do with it??? personally, if Bogut and Green are gone, I would trade the 3 pick to whomever has the 5th pick that is only if that team has two or more first round picks starting from 12-25. Trade 3 for 5 and 20, that would give us 3 first round picks for this year....We could possibly draft PG and 2 Centers....Pietro and big Russian, and Macants or Williams from NC if he is still on the board...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/20/2005  2:12 PM
Posted by diderotn:

What if we end up with the 3rd pick of the draft, what would you do with it??? personally, if Bogut and Green are gone, I would trade the 3 pick to whomever has the 5th pick that is only if that team has two or more first round picks starting from 12-25. Trade 3 for 5 and 20, that would give us 3 first round picks for this year....We could possibly draft PG and 2 Centers....Pietro and big Russian, and Macants or Williams from NC if he is still on the board...

if Bogut and Green are gone 1 & 2 you clearly draft Marvin Williams who might be the best player in the draft and can be our Odom/Jamsion at PF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/20/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

excellent post, but I also want to hear people start giving marbs credit for publicly taking the blame for this seasons failure, when he gave a solicited answer about the best PG comment, he was torched. It works both ways...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/20/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

excellent post, but I also want to hear people start giving marbs credit for publicly taking the blame for this seasons failure, when he gave a solicited answer about the best PG comment, he was torched. It works both ways...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/20/2005  3:30 PM
I agree. He assumed responsibility, and he should be commanded for that. You noticed what he said after that, " it would be nice to add a shot blocker and an athletic wing player that can defend" . Could he be talking about Kurt and TT (the Thomases)????????
tkf
4/20/2005  3:55 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree. He assumed responsibility, and he should be commanded for that. You noticed what he said after that, " it would be nice to add a shot blocker and an athletic wing player that can defend" . Could he be talking about Kurt and TT (the Thomases)????????

I think he is, but to KT's defense he was effective at what he did, just not what the knicks needed. TT wasn't effective at all, except for small periods of time, and that is really frustrating because TT is a very talented player, maybe he can blossom somewhere else....
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/20/2005  4:51 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by diderotn:

if Bogut and Green are gone 1 & 2 you clearly draft Marvin Williams who might be the best player in the draft and can be our Odom/Jamsion at PF
you took the words out of my mouth. Clearly 1-3 is good all the way around. after that I see the point of trading it for 2 picks, I don't think there is anyone else who is a msut have or is head and shoulders above the rest so moving down a couple spots and adding another pick isn't such a bad thing imo.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/20/2005  4:57 PM
Posted by tkf:

Unfortunately, for the Marb haters it will not work both ways. They will never give him credit for anything, but I definitely commend him. He wants to win, you can see it when he plays, he needs some help. If we had one more 17 ppg scorer at any position it would be amojor improvement, that and a shotblocker and we would really be going somewhere.
We need winners around Marburry........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy