Guys who couldve been picked with the 7th pick
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  1:46 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

But to reply to the actual topic, i think you may have swayed me, I'm still unsure. THe draft player could be a bust, but I believe in Zeke so I don't think thats likely. Artest will help us immensely immediately. But if he flips out, we owe him alot of money, whereas if the draft pick is a bust, it is cheap. Not to mention giving up sweets, and tt. But I always said that if we could get another pick I would do it.
Sounds reasonable.
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/20/2005  2:03 PM
The draft is a total crap shoot usually it is now more rare to get a sure thing. Keep the pick, and take a chance. Isn't that the reason why we kill Layden. Besides this draft is a medicore draft where I really don't there is much of a difference between 4 and 20th picks.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  2:20 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

The draft is a total crap shoot usually it is now more rare to get a sure thing. Keep the pick, and take a chance. Isn't that the reason why we kill Layden. Besides this draft is a medicore draft where I really don't there is much of a difference between 4 and 20th picks.
So based on what you're saying, there should be no problem with trading the 7th pick for a superstar and then making a separate deal to try to move up from 30 to 20.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/20/2005  2:23 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Here's another Tim Hardaway quote that made me laugh. "I hate hate hate hate hate the Knicks." and yes, it was 5 hates b/c I remember the writer commenting on it.
Tim Hardaway is just like Miller. Great player. You can only appreciate him if you appreciate bball, but as a Knick fan, you hate him. That is, unless you realize we beat his ars 3 of 4 years in the playoffs.

Ohhh, the good old days! I miss when people used to hate us...

Lets bring those times back!!
Knicks_Fan
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/20/2005  2:51 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

someone is saying trade pick 7 for ron artest+ take back a shtty contract for SEPERATE asets of Sweetney Tim Thomas and pick 7.

most i'd give up for artest right now is:

tim + ariza (and possibly the 2006 spurs pick) and that's it.
Guys who couldve been picked with the 7th pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy