10 reasons to sign Big Z
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/19/2005  7:36 PM
1. He wants to be a knick.
2. Only Yao and Shaq give you more at the C position.
3. There are few or no center options available.
4. We could draft the lithuanian kid with our lotto and have him train him.
5. He clogs the middle and blocks and alters shots.
6. He gets alot of offensive rebounds.
7. He can be part of the answer we need in the paint, (as far as blocks + rebs) but we could draft another option with our lotto in Splitter, Fran Vasquez, Taft, etc.
8. Having him makes Steph's assist's go up on the drive and dump, giving Steph more options and essentially making him more difficult to guard (who is afraid to collapse on Steph with the oh-so-athletic KT waiting to dunk it on your head?).
9. If we trade for an atheletic big alongside big Z, (kwame, Chandler, Dalembert, hunter, Gadzuric) who can run the floor and compliment him, we would have a formidle frontcourt.
10. An oversized frontcourt is something we haven't had since Ewing and Camby played together. It makes us a much better team even with the same bench and
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/19/2005  8:53 PM
he's slow footed, aging & doesn't fit the mold of what most fans prefer to see in NY...he's not a good fit for this team imho...we need a guy like Camby or someone in that mold.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  9:01 PM
Posted by TMS:

he's slow footed, aging & doesn't fit the mold of what most fans prefer to see in NY...he's not a good fit for this team imho...we need a guy like Camby or someone in that mold.

if we have the right pieces in place like a run and gun 2nd unit with a run and gun Center like when Camby and Spree would come in the game for Ewing then it would work.

so think about this..

Get Z and draft Green and the team will be explosive with either Crawford or Green in the run and gun 2nd Unit.

If a center is so easy to find then find especially an athletic one then find one and stick him in the 2nd Unit. Or are you going to wait for wait years for the next Camby to come around.

by the way the best Centers in this league don't run and gun. Shaq, Duncan, Yao, Z etc but finding a quicker backup center is a possibility. Like a Gadzuric but if you want Gadzruric to be a starter than you're not winning a championship
Killa4luv
USA
4/19/2005  9:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

if we have the right pieces in place like a run and gun 2nd unit with a run and gun Center like when Camby and Spree would come in the game for Ewing then it would work.

so think about this..

Get Z and draft Green and the team will be explosive with either Crawford or Green in the run and gun 2nd Unit.

If a center is so easy to find then find especially an athletic one then find one and stick him in the 2nd Unit. Or are you going to wait for wait years for the next Camby to come around.

by the way the best Centers in this league don't run and gun. Shaq, Duncan, Yao, Z etc but finding a quicker backup center is a possibility. Like a Gadzuric but if you want Gadzruric to be a starter than you're not winning a championship
Exactly and we are not exactly a run and gun team as it is, we play more half court than anything else so I don't get the problem. We could have 4 fast players and 1 slow one, a fast break means everyone isn't down the court anyway.

Big Z could be getting those rebounds and looking over the whole pack and starting the break with his outlet pass.
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  9:17 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by TMS:

so think about this..

Exactly and we are not exactly a run and gun team as it is, we play more half court than anything else so I don't get the problem. We could have 4 fast players and 1 slow one, a fast break means everyone isn't down the court anyway.

Big Z could be getting those rebounds and looking over the whole pack and starting the break with his outlet pass.

yep exactly. thats what I said the other day you can have Z and four faster players around him running the floor.

these people dont surprise me. They are the same ones who wanted our franchise, Ewing traded
TMS
USA
4/19/2005  9:20 PM
please, we can easily sign a guy like Gadzuric in the offseason for a portion of the MLE...he put up 21 & 20 the other night against a good Sixers squad...he's not the allstar calibre player Camby can be, but we're talking about getting players that fit a mold here...if you want to go w/a slow down halfcourt style team, then fine, go after Big Z, trade away guys like Ariza & Crawford & bring in a guy like Bonzi Wells.

make a plan & stick to that plan...some of you are just as bad as Isiah's been lately in that respect...what direction do you want this team to go in? i prefer a run & gun style game a-la the NJ Nets myself.

these people dont surprise me. They are the same ones who wanted our franchise, Ewing traded

& dude, spare me your idiotic generalizations because you don't know me from jack.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/19/2005 21:23:22]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  9:27 PM
the fact that Gadzuric has a once in a blue moon good game doesn't convince me that you can win big with him as your startin Center. With Z we will win big and thats what matters not how we play with him on the floor
TMS
USA
4/19/2005  9:28 PM
so what's happened to the Cavs the past 2 years w/Z as their starting C? i don't recall them winning many big games.
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  9:31 PM
& dude, spare me your idiotic generalizations because you don't know me from jack.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/19/2005 21:23:22]

I didn't say you particularly..I meant the people who wanted Ewing gone because he was "slowing" them down in general...no hard feelings bro lol
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  9:33 PM
Posted by TMS:

so what's happened to the Cavs the past 2 years w/Z as their starting C? i don't recall them winning many big games.

never said he was good enough to carry a team. he's not in Ewing, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq's class but he's still an elite center and you can with him and the right pieces in place
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2005  10:13 PM
Well, first of all, how do we know he really wants to be a Knick? He hasn't said that, and if he does its only the same thing other players say to make their team give the contract they want...
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
USA
4/20/2005  12:06 AM
actually he has said it.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/20/2005  12:57 AM
He's slow and injury prone. No thanks.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/20/2005  7:27 AM
Z is a very good scorer. The rest doesnt impress me. We could do worse for the MLE.. that much is sure, but I pretty much agree w/ TMS's assesment. He fills a need, but does he fill it well?

I dont think Gadzurich is an option. Maybe he's got good numbers on a bad team but I see him as more than a MLE player. Maybe something in line with what Crawford got.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/20/2005  7:33 AM
I would've absoultely no problem with Big Z. Depending on how long term the contract is obviously. The people who want Camby, he is just as injury prone as Z. He is too thin and can break down anytime.

I want the Knicks to exhaust their options and then turn to Big Z. IMO, Big Z is an awesome worst case scenario.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 04/20/2005 07:34:53]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/20/2005  7:45 AM
Well it's an interesting thought. The foot seems to have held up for several years now, doesn't it. He is a force on the offensive end, just the kind of player who's always killed the Knicks. I agree that the price would have to be right for us, but I imagine him getting more money elsewhere. Imagine what Cuban or Buss might give him. Speaking of Buss, anyone know if Vlade's supposed to come back next year?
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/20/2005  8:13 AM
Big Z is not a shotblocker, but he can score inside and he can also provide interior passing which we are badly missing at this point. We should go after him by offering Cleveland a combo of Sweetney/Kurt/Rose or JYD. We need Z, and Isiah has to draft a shot blocker to bring fear in our opponents' mind...
The true Knickabocker..........
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/20/2005  8:34 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Big Z is not a shotblocker, but he can score inside and he can also provide interior passing which we are badly missing at this point. We should go after him by offering Cleveland a combo of Sweetney/Kurt/Rose or JYD. We need Z, and Isiah has to draft a shot blocker to bring fear in our opponents' mind...
How is he not a shotblocker? He was in the top 10 this year in block shots per game at over 2.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/20/2005  8:34 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Big Z is not a shotblocker
yes he is. Check the stats. he blocked more shots than Yao Ming, Tyson Chander, Foyle etc..
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  9:03 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Z is a very good scorer. The rest doesnt impress me.

Even his shotblocking doesn't impress you? We could do a lot worse than a 17/8/3 all-star center!
10 reasons to sign Big Z

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy