[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

May and Williams to Enter Draft
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2005  2:16 PM
According to NBADraft.net, meaning Williams becomes another player in this draft that you can presumably build a franchise around (along with Paul, if he's definitely in, and Bogut).

Even if the Knicks don't get a top-3 pick, it means another player will fall to them now that a probable top-2 pick in Williams is there. Too bad the Knicks still play Marbury 45 minutes a night and play as if they're trying to make the playoffs or they would've had a chance to get some real solid players at the top of this draft.

Oh well, typical Knicks.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/19/2005  2:21 PM
Totally going against logic, what if we took May? He is the smartest player in the draft, and could be the ROY. I know we already have 324 power forwards on the roster, but we most likely will trade KT this summer.

I think May is the bargain of the draft - best player, smartest player, close to zero hype.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2005  2:24 PM
I think May, not Bogut, was the best player in college basketball this year. Led his team to a championship and was huge in basically every big game for NC. (A good argument would be would NC have been better if you replaced May with Bogut).

Regardless, I don't know about taking May at 7 or wherever the Knicks pick. He's a lot like Sweetney when you look at college stats, the way he plays, and his size.

You could probably make the argument that Chris Taft will be a better pro, who knows, knowing the Knicks, a 6'8" PF who's kind of fat sounds like their type of player.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/19/2005  2:33 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think May, not Bogut, was the best player in college basketball this year. Led his team to a championship and was huge in basically every big game for NC. (A good argument would be would NC have been better if you replaced May with Bogut).

Regardless, I don't know about taking May at 7 or wherever the Knicks pick. He's a lot like Sweetney when you look at college stats, the way he plays, and his size.

You could probably make the argument that Chris Taft will be a better pro, who knows, knowing the Knicks, a 6'8" PF who's kind of fat sounds like their type of player.

If Bogut were on NC they would have beat illinois by 20..... Imagine how much better NC would be with Bogut.. Now put may on Utah? just food for thought..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2005  2:41 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

According to NBADraft.net, meaning Williams becomes another player in this draft that you can presumably build a franchise around (along with Paul, if he's definitely in, and Bogut).

Even if the Knicks don't get a top-3 pick, it means another player will fall to them now that a probable top-2 pick in Williams is there. Too bad the Knicks still play Marbury 45 minutes a night and play as if they're trying to make the playoffs or they would've had a chance to get some real solid players at the top of this draft.

Oh well, typical Knicks.

Marvin is a unique player. He is a better version of antwan Jamison, much tougher, better rebounder--truly a top 3 pick. Yes many people caught him in bad couple of games, Ive also seen him score 20 points and grab 15 rebounds in 24 minutes. Marvin Williams is a top 5 rebounder RIGHT now in all of the NCAA as a freshmen, with the potnetial to be a 22-12 PF
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/19/2005  2:45 PM
[quote]
Posted by tkf:

[quote]Posted by BigSm00th:

Don't discount May's abilities. I think May wouldve given bogut a real tough time 1-1, but the NCAA ad NBA are two different dogs. Boguts height reach leadership and skills is what the Knicks need. We have Sean Mays already in Mo taylor and Mike Sweetney.

I would like to see Sean may on the Raptors.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  2:50 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]
Posted by tkf:

[quote]Posted by BigSm00th:

Don't discount May's abilities. I think May wouldve given bogut a real tough time 1-1, but the NCAA ad NBA are two different dogs. Boguts height reach leadership and skills is what the Knicks need. We have Sean Mays already in Mo taylor and Mike Sweetney.

I would like to see Sean may on the Raptors.

I don't lol I want to see a huge bust on the raptors as well as every other team in our division
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/19/2005  3:12 PM
Um...I don't think May and Williams have officially entered yet.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/19/2005  3:17 PM
Sorry...is this what you are referring to?

http://nbadraft.net/draftbuzz035.asp
PURE KNICKS LOVE
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/19/2005  3:32 PM
If we don't draft a superstar in this draft, you might as well say that we have bad luck.....May should be drafted with the 4th pick easily....
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2005  4:03 PM
Mark my words, May does not go top 10!

His value (hype)is high becasue he had great players feeding him in trasition.

He is slow, has short arms, and will not be better than sweets!

No way we draft this kid. I like him, he is a good kid, smart, and is not an NBA type. I might even stretch he does not go top 15.

He goes in now cuz he won't get much better in a year, and can capitalize on the hype now.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/19/2005  4:05 PM
You might be right about that - at least right now he'll get a guaranteed contract. I don't think he's overhyped - none of the main lists have him even top ten, and considering he pretty much single-handedly won the NCAA's this year, it's unusual that they don't have him top ten.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/19/2005  6:43 PM
MAy may not even be a lotto pick. I don't want him, why do we need another undersized PF unless he's elton brand? The only 6-8 player we should be considering is Green who is oversized at his position.

NO MORE 'BIGS' WHO ARE SMALL!!!
May and Williams to Enter Draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy