[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chad Ford Grades the East (Knicks)
Author Thread
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
4/20/2005  2:23 PM
Posted by MS:

I hate when people bring up these ****ing draft picks, when they turn into something then lets talk

Funny, you could say the same thing about cap space. "I hate when people bring up this f'ing cap space, when it turns into something then let's talk." Somehow I don't think you'll take that stance, which doesn't look too good for your credibility. Draft picks are only potential improvements, true, but our franchise is so impoverished after Layden that even opportunities to significantly improve are scarce and thus to be highly valued.
As of now you compare two things record which they had us by 10 or so games, and star power, top 6 player vs. top 18 player, so they get a better grade....

OK, so by that reasoning the Knicks must get a better grade than the bottom feeders. Are you prepared to accept that? If not, there's another hit to your credibility. Choose whatever path you want, but at least be consistent with it.
As dissapointments go the knicks are as high as possiblee

Sorry, but I can't even begin to fathom how a projected mid-to-low seed, first round exit playoff team falling to the mid lottery is more of a disappointment than a projected title favorite falling into the low lottery. If the Knicks fell from the 5th floor all the way to the ground, the Twolves fell from the top of the roof, 15 stories up, onto the first floor awning. Imagine that right after our Finals run in 94, we failed to even make the playoffs the next year. Are you seriously telling me that that would have been less of a disappointment than this season?
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/20/2005  2:24 PM
Isiah says "I want the Knicks to get younger, more athletic & run a more uptempo style game"

Isiah signs KT to a 4 year contract extension
Isiah signs Vin Baker to a portion of the MLE
Isiah decides not to re-sign DerMarr Johnson & signs Bruno Sundov instead (young stiff)

these are contradictory to his statement of wanting to get younger & more athletic...so i don't think it's unfair to say that he's been inconsistent in some of his moves.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/20/2005 14:25:11]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by tomverve:
Posted by MS:

I hate when people bring up these ****ing draft picks, when they turn into something then lets talk

Funny, you could say the same thing about cap space. "I hate when people bring up this f'ing cap space, when it turns into something then let's talk." Somehow I don't think you'll take that stance, which doesn't look too good for your credibility. Draft picks are only potential improvements, true, but our franchise is so impoverished after Layden that even opportunities to significantly improve are scarce and thus to be highly valued.
As of now you compare two things record which they had us by 10 or so games, and star power, top 6 player vs. top 18 player, so they get a better grade....

OK, so by that reasoning the Knicks must get a better grade than the bottom feeders. Are you prepared to accept that? If not, there's another hit to your credibility. Choose whatever path you want, but at least be consistent with it.
As dissapointments go the knicks are as high as possiblee

Sorry, but I can't even begin to fathom how a projected mid-to-low seed, first round exit playoff team falling to the mid lottery is more of a disappointment than a projected title favorite falling into the low lottery. If the Knicks fell from the 5th floor all the way to the ground, the Twolves fell from the top of the roof, 15 stories up, onto the first floor awning. Imagine that right after our Finals run in 94, we failed to even make the playoffs the next year. Are you seriously telling me that that would have been less of a disappointment than this season?
Great points
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/20/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by TMS:

Isiah says "I want the Knicks to get younger, more athletic & run a more uptempo style game"

Isiah signs KT to a 4 year contract extension
Isiah signs Vin Baker to a portion of the MLE
Isiah decides not to re-sign DerMarr Johnson & signs Bruno Sundov instead (young stiff)

these are contradictory to his statement of wanting to get younger & more athletic...so i don't think it's unfair to say that he's been inconsistent in some of his moves.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/20/2005 14:25:11]
Can we just keep this discussion to one thread. I don't feel like cutting and pasting my comments from the other thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/20/2005  2:31 PM
if you don't want to discuss it here you don't need to reply to it...i don't remember addressing my comments to you in particular...this all has to do w/the whole consistency issue that was being discussed on this thread.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2005  3:01 PM
if new york decides all out draft is the cheap way to go and really believe new talent will take precedence over vets playing minutes and starting roles, zeke will truly have a busy summer.

heading in a different direction, knicks fans cheer to ny clippers.

show me getting a copy of draft picks for dummies
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MS
Member: #724
4/20/2005  3:19 PM
Actually you wouldn’t say the same thing about cap space, we are comparing situations in Utah and Atlanta where players don’t particularly have interest in going, NY is on a totally different spectrum you play in the major market, you get the money, you get the endorsements, and you get the fame, but you need to be able to handle the pressure…
Isiah has come in preaching one thing and doing another, has he really brought in solid rebuilding pieces a nice core…Ariza is a nice player but the draft is really hit or miss, yeah its nice to have picks, but these are late picks that could have been acquired without taking on JYD’s identical brother Rose…Taylor was an atrocious move showing just how little Zeke knows, he doesn’t do anything well and we didn’t need him…….
The reason why the franchise was impoverished is because you take one mistake and turn it into a bigger one…Zeke had 20 million in expiring deals his first year, and close to 15 his second that is something to work with, but he takes back players we don’t particularly need…….
I am not really sure how my credibility takes a hit, considering I would have hired a better coach and looked to fill a need instead of trying to make deals for the sake of deals…Isiah could have got Arroyo one of the better back up pgs in the league on the cheap, he could have signed Birdman on the cheap to back-up at center and those moves would have improved the team, if we were going to be terrible we should have been in it all the way, Crawford brings nothing to the table and we are locked in there…
Last year Minnesota overachieved Hassel had a career year as did Cassell, the T’Wolves didn’t have colossal losing streaks like the Knicks, so I think their grade deserves to be higher, the wolves have a chemistry problem and a logjam as do the Knicks, but if the ever wanted to make a few deals they could rebuild faster by trading the big ticket, which we could not do with steph. The Knicks were expected to win the Atlantic and they didn’t even secure the 10th seed, when a record of 41-41 gets you in…..
If we come out of the Draft and make a nice trade to get another pick and get three young players then I will agree that the draft was a success, but we have limited roster room (Taft, Granger, Jack or Blachte) is what they should be shooting for and I hope someone we can get that combination, otherwise we are back at square one waiting for Allan Houston, hoping Marbury can be clutch, asking why sweetney can’t lose weight, why Crawford can’t be disciplined
Chad Ford Grades the East (Knicks)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy