hah!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  5:37 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

Yeah I also agree he is nothing to sell the farm over. The games I did watch with Bogut it was obvious he had no footspeed or explosiveness.

Is he a little more agile then Yao? Yes but not by much... Does he have a better shot? Hmmm... I don't think so. Is he more physical then Brad? He is physical but not as much. Can he pass better then Sabonis? Nope. He held his own against Duncan. Yeah but he is 3 inches taller then Duncan, playing under Olympic rules. Does he have the footwork of a Duncan? Nope. How bout the finesse of Pau? Nope.

I mean cmon it's the job of the writers and analysts to make the #1 pick look good. This draft is weak. Bogut is the modern day rich man's version of Rik Smits, not just because he is white.

I love white people.

good points but with all that said I don't think there's a player who will be a signicantly bigger star in this draft to pick over a Franchise Center(who don't grow on trees) if Lebron, duncan, amare, KG were in this draft then I would take them either of them #1 of Bogut eventhough they are not centers but the others players in this draft are not that significantly better.

Marvin is not significantly better than Jamison and even if he's as good we're not winning a championship with Jamison as our best player.

Gerald Green at best will be a little better than Mcgrady but not as good as lebron. Is Mcgrady a championship player?

Chris Paul might be a great point guard but how are we doing with our best scorer at PG with Marbury?

Taft is a big question mark but even if he's more like Amare than Wilcox we're still not winning a championship.

May: I won't even go there....

I'll take a good center and hope we put the right pieces around him through trades and signings anyday! Marbury/Bogut alone might make some noise since Marbury can really use a bigman!
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
4/19/2005  5:44 PM
You're missing the point dude, nobody said Bogut shouldn't go #1. That's agreed. The point is that he has a lot of flaws and he's not worth killing ourselves over. Let someone else take him at #1, because in this draft there's no player at #1 through #12 that is so much better than any other that it's worth giving up too much. Bogut will go #1, but he's nothing for IT to try for. This is a good draft to have the 7.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/19/2005  5:53 PM
Guns, just because guys aren't championship players doesn' mean we shouldn't get them. There are NO championship players on detroit and the just one it, and maybe will win another this year. It is about having enough good players that balance each other out. I would take bogut with the number one pick, he's 7 feet tall and skilled for crying out loud. I might also be inclined to turn that #1 lottery pick into 2 lotto picks or trade it for a proven big like an Elton Brand or J. O'neal, if they were available.

But I do agree you take a center when you can and he is the best center in this draft. I would still take a proven big over him, imo, because you know what your getting, with him, you can't be sure.
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
4/19/2005  5:58 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

Yeah I also agree he is nothing to sell the farm over. The games I did watch with Bogut it was obvious he had no footspeed or explosiveness.

Is he a little more agile then Yao? Yes but not by much... Does he have a better shot? Hmmm... I don't think so. Is he more physical then Brad? He is physical but not as much. Can he pass better then Sabonis? Nope. He held his own against Duncan. Yeah but he is 3 inches taller then Duncan, playing under Olympic rules. Does he have the footwork of a Duncan? Nope. How bout the finesse of Pau? Nope.

I mean cmon it's the job of the writers and analysts to make the #1 pick look good. This draft is weak. Bogut is the modern day rich man's version of Rik Smits, not just because he is white.

I love white people.
dodger78
Germany
4/19/2005  5:59 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

I love white people.
dodger78
Germany
4/19/2005  5:59 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

I love white people.
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  6:01 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Guns, just because guys aren't championship players doesn' mean we shouldn't get them. There are NO championship players on detroit and the just one it, and maybe will win another this year. It is about having enough good players that balance each other out. I would take bogut with the number one pick, he's 7 feet tall and skilled for crying out loud. I might also be inclined to turn that #1 lottery pick into 2 lotto picks or trade it for a proven big like an Elton Brand or J. O'neal, if they were available.

But I do agree you take a center when you can and he is the best center in this draft. I would still take a proven big over him, imo, because you know what your getting, with him, you can't be sure.

exactly which is why Bogut, Green, Taft, Williams, Warrick are my guys but to sell Bogut short, the 7'1 Center with the skills to be a franchise Center, is what irritates me so much. There's a reason why he's going to be the #1 pick and Kaman was never considered the #1 pick.
MaulingandAppalling
4/19/2005  6:12 PM
Since when is anyone selling Bogut short? People are talking like he can walk on water. He's the consensus #1 pick. We're just asking for a little balance.

And dude ain't 7'1 - he's listed at 7'0, which means he's probably a true 6'10"
gunsnewing
USA
4/19/2005  6:13 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Since when is anyone selling Bogut short? People are talking like he can walk on water. He's the consensus #1 pick. We're just asking for a little balance.

And dude ain't 7'1 - he's listed at 7'0, which means he's probably a true 6'10"

No, No one is talking like that...trust me. Everyone agrees that there is no Duncan/Lebron in this draft
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/19/2005  7:16 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

I love white people.

I'm surprised this thread is still moving like it is, I thought things were settled before. Bogut is going #1 and we all know that he lacks explosiveness and a full repatoire of moves in the post. This has nothing to do with being white, black, asian, or pokadot. The guy is the best talent in the draft and thats the reason he will be one. Why does everything have to be about race?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/19/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Stevo718:

I love white people.

I'm surprised this thread is still moving like it is, I thought things were settled before. Bogut is going #1 and we all know that he lacks explosiveness and a full repatoire of moves in the post. This has nothing to do with being white, black, asian, or pokadot. The guy is the best talent in the draft and thats the reason he will be one. Why does everything have to be about race?

Yeah I agree. The hype is about size, not race. The same big deal was made about Kwame, Diop, Curry, Chandler, Woods. There's such a shortage of real centers that the hype machine goes bonkers about anyone even approximating a true center.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/20/2005  12:15 AM
Greg Oden
gunsnewing
USA
4/20/2005  12:21 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Stevo718:

I love white people.

Yeah I agree. The hype is about size, not race. The same big deal was made about Kwame, Diop, Curry, Chandler, Woods. There's such a shortage of real centers that the hype machine goes bonkers about anyone even approximating a true center.

Marv I dont think any of those guys dominated college the way Bogut has. Most of those guys didn't even go to college to allow us to better judge them. Thats the BIG difference. Bogut dominated college level competition while those guys put up numbers against teenagers. Yes Bogut's not perfect but no every great player in the NBA is.
MaulingandAppalling
4/20/2005  1:04 AM
Sean May dominated in college, Bogut got eliminated at the 16.
You want Bogut?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy