You want Bogut?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2005  12:52 PM
Marbury and #7 to ATL for #1 pick.

Atlanta can absorb Marbury's salary, Marbury went to GTech (who draw more fans than the Hawks) and the Knicks would get their center and also a trade exception for Marb's salary which would be huge.

Knicks:
Jamal, 30 pick
Wally (for Kurt), 53 pick
Ariza, TT
Sweetney, Mo T, JYD
Bogut, Malik

Hawks:

Marbury
Childress, Diaw
Josh Smith
Al Harrington
Samuel Dalembert (offer max deal with remaining cap room, they have $24 million)

...or they could sign Stromile instead of Dalembert. The Hawks would do it because it would give them a star who is a GTech legend, gives them a young veteran leader for their young, athletic team and they need a PG and a center and Marbury is better than any PG they could get in FA.

The Knicks would be in much better shape and would need to hire a coach who could make use of Bogut's passing skills.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2005  12:57 PM
I like him but I dont think he's Tim Duncan. How about Marbury for the #1 straight up. They can have the #30 if must be.

Draft Bogut and Felton
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like him but I dont think he's Tim Duncan. How about Marbury for the #1 straight up. They can have the #30 if must be.

Draft Bogut and Felton

Nice... If only it could really happen...
Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2005  1:06 PM
Did dolan buy the hawks and hire Layden?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/19/2005  1:22 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Draft Bogut and Felton

i like that idea but i don't see Isiah ever making that trade.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/19/2005  1:41 PM
Yes, let's trade a veteran PG in the top statistical categories for minutes played, games played in a row, points per game, and who's #3 in assists per game, for another overhyped white big man who'll fold up like a tent the first time Amare drops an elbow into his sternum.

Isiah knows better.

We JUST NEED A COACH.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/19/2005  1:49 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

Yes, let's trade a veteran PG in the top statistical categories for minutes played, games played in a row, points per game, and who's #3 in assists per game, for another overhyped white big man who'll fold up like a tent the first time Amare drops an elbow into his sternum.

Isiah knows better.

We JUST NEED A COACH.

Ok Mr. Know It All, whats overhyped about Bogut? Did you not watch the NCAA tournament or any of his game during the NCAA regular season and tournament schedule? The was the ONLY player on his team and he carried them to the Sweet 16. He can shoot, he can pass, he can rebound, he can play postup Defense. He went up agains Kevin Bookout of Oklahhoma, one of the toughest players in the NCAA, and almost posted a triple-double. I agree Bogut may be getting a little more attention then he should but by no manner should we say he's overhyped JUST BECUASE HE IS WHITE.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 04/19/2005 13:49:47]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
MaulingandAppalling
4/19/2005  1:51 PM
Keyword: "NCAA"

Next you'll be talking about the Olympics.

That ain't the league dude.
nyk4ever
USA
4/19/2005  1:55 PM
Not to compare Bogut to Tim Duncan but just for comparison's sake because their games in college were/are extremely similiar. Should the Spurs have not tanked the year becuase Duncan is a fundamental player and he killed NCAA competition, with numbers just like Bogut put up this year? By the way not too many sophmores put up the #s that Bogut did this year. I wasn't sold on him becuase the conference that he plays in is weak but I saw him put huge #s against Arizona and in the NCAA tourney when it matters most. I'm not saying I would make that trade Marbury to Atlanta for the shot at Bogut, no way, Marbury is already a top player in this league and you don't trade a top player in his prime. Lets give Bogut a little credit here. I know people weren't calling Duncan overhyped and I certainly don't remember an outcry of people laughing at the Cavs for drafting Lebron since he was doing it too HIGH-SHOOLERS.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2005  1:59 PM
So can we assume all NCAA or highschoolers are overhyped?
MaulingandAppalling
4/19/2005  2:07 PM
You might be an overhyped NCAA player if:

-it has become total taboo to offer a balanced critique of your strengths AND weaknesses
-You are the consensus number one pick, even though your team didn't make it out of the 16
-people on a NYK board are talking about trading Coney Island's Finest for you

And by the way, EVERYBODY at least mentioned that Bron was doing it to teenagers at the time. He still went #1, but at least there was a balanced discussion.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/19/2005  2:14 PM
Mauling, Jeff Foxworthy is off smiling somewhere.

Realistically, we're not winning anything big while Stephon is here. He can't carry this team and we're a ways away from bringing in sufficient help. From what I've heard of Bogut, he's a franchise C. If Atlanta would do this trade, I would support it until the end.
MaulingandAppalling
4/19/2005  2:16 PM
OK, fair enough. But, just for the sake of a balanced and reasonable discussion, can you offer one, just one, weakness of Bogut?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  2:20 PM
I have no doubt in my mind Bogut is looked at as being overhyped only because he is white. Yes good white centers are rare but he is one of them. And don't bring up Kaman who a lot of people said the same things about but he turned out to be a pretty decent center and Bogut is far better at every aspect of the game.

And the fact that he was just as dominant in the tournament against good teams as he was in the regular season makes him the real deal. And all this as a Sophmore!

Duncan is a player who comes around once in every 10, 15, 20yrs a instant top 10 player of all time. Of course it is very unlikely that Bogut will be that good but he plays a very similar game fundamently and he's taller and a better passer. Don't think he'll ever score over 25pts like Duncan but he can rebound and blocks shots as well. Duncan is a great defender... I don't think Bogut is going to be as good a defender but he'll hold his own against Duncan.

Just because Bogut is going to be the #1 pick doesn't mean he has to be a Center who averages a Dunncan like 25pts/12rebs/3blocks. Centers like Duncan don't grow on trees!

But Bogut can definitely at worst put up Illgaukus like numbers at 17pts/8rebs/3blks with much more quickness, toughness & aggressiveness in his prime. At least! deep down I think Bogut will be a consistent 19pts/10rebs/2-3blks allstar center every year once he gets past his rookie year. Which automatically will make him a top 5 Center in the league,the hardest postion to solidify and the position that once is solified can be the most rewarding!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/19/2005  2:21 PM
His toughness has been questioned, as has his strength.

No offense Mauling, but "Trading Coney Island's Finest" isn't a real barometer of determining if a player is overhyped, seeing that he's been traded 4 times and never won a playoff series.

Bogut's a nice player, and one of the better one's in this draft class. In terms of the combination of talent right now and potential for talent in the future, I'd put Marvin Williams and probably Chris Paul over Bogut.
#Knickstaps
nyk4ever
USA
4/19/2005  2:21 PM

OK, fair enough. But, just for the sake of a balanced and reasonable discussion, can you offer one, just one, weakness of Bogut?

He's not that fast and he could use a few more postup moves but I have no doubt in my mind that he will develop more because why screw with anything in college when your winning games by yourself with what works.
MaulingandAppalling
4/19/2005  2:22 PM
OK, that's a start. Though you didn't even stop for punctuation, at least you offered up some critique before going on to say he's perfect. Well, it's a beginning.
nyk4ever
USA
4/19/2005  2:32 PM
So, this is how it goes. Instead of going on with an NBA discssion and backing up your opinions with facts or good knowledge, you feel obligated to saying that I did not use any puncutation in my response to you. Who do you think you are?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  2:32 PM

OK, that's a start. Though you didn't even stop for punctuation, at least you offered up some critique before going on to say he's perfect. Well, it's a beginning.

thats exactly the kind of attitude that drives me crazy! no one here is saying Bogut is the perfect sure fire lock for the hall of fame top 10 player of all time!

Just because he's going to be the 1st player pick doesn't mean he has to be an immortal! Not every draft produces a jordan, wilt, jabbar, shaq, duncan, robertson! A perfect player you seem to be expecting just because its the #1 pick!

So lets just forget about him because he's white right?! If Bogut was black and accomplished everything he has accomplished I think you'd feel differently about him. Again I agree..good white centers are hard to come by but it doesn't mean there will never be an allstar calibur center who is white!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/19/2005  2:44 PM
I don't want to get into the black or white thing, but if a guy can play, he can play and I want him. With that being said, I still like marvin williams, a lot of people keep saying that marbury won't lead this team anywhere, needs to realize that the knicks mess is not marburys fault, marbury would be much better if he were the second best player on the team, that Is why I want a guy like marvin williams, a guy who can eventually become the knicks franchise player. I mean is it marburys fault he is the knicks best player?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
You want Bogut?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy