[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

and introducing the newest member to the NO THANKS club - wally szcerbiak
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/19/2005  10:31 AM
wally szcerbiak

$9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 mil due the next 5 seasons.

he plays ZERO defense and is soft as hell.
getting him will bring up our soft no defense jive turkeys to $45 mil in h20, penny, and wally.

congratulations wally for making the club...
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2005  11:09 AM
one thing I will disagree with.. I wouldnt call him soft. He's a bad defender but he's a chippy player. Hard picks, ok with contact and he takes (and makes) big shots. He's got a GREAT fg% and one of the best mid range games in the league. Average passer, rebounder, and suspect defender. I wouldnt say his game is soft.

How about Mo Taylor and Spurs #1 next year. If nothing else it saves them cash. Thats my best offer.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2005  11:18 AM
Posted by fishmike:

one thing I will disagree with.. I wouldnt call him soft. He's a bad defender but he's a chippy player. Hard picks, ok with contact and he takes (and makes) big shots. He's got a GREAT fg% and one of the best mid range games in the league. Average passer, rebounder, and suspect defender. I wouldnt say his game is soft.

How about Mo Taylor and Spurs #1 next year. If nothing else it saves them cash. Thats my best offer.

I would do that. I would also give up Kurt for him straight up. We have too many PFs and not enough shooters. He's at least a smart player who seems to play with his head up, unlike say, Tim Thomas.
¿ △ ?
KnickerBlogger
Member: #789
USA
4/19/2005  11:20 AM
Agreed DJ. Why fill our cap with 3 guards that can't defend for the next 4 years?

I wouldn't take him for free with that contract.

We've got a nice little thing going for the summer of 2007. If Wally wants to play in NY, get Minny to buy him out, then we can sign him without destroying our cap.

[Edited by - KnickerBlogger on 04/19/2005 11:20:57]
http://www.knickerblogger.net
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/19/2005  11:53 AM
I'd take Wally in a second. Whats his contract really matter to the Knicks anyway, especially if they are trading a package that surrounds MoT and a late first round pick, Id deft take it. I agree alot with what Fish said, the guy shoots a great %, loves to take game winning shots and he's not soft AT ALL, he's an extremely pesky player and has stood up to Garnett before when the team wasnt winning. He has fire, something that not alot of Knicks have. Make it happen Isiah.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2005  11:56 AM
I would even go so far as to include Sweetney for Hassel back. TH is a great defender and really plays a hard nosed game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2005  11:59 AM
I was hoping they got a deal done earlier in the season for Wally so that they salvaged the season but I'd love to get him in the offseason now! Make it happen Isiah! if that is Isiah's 1 big move this offseason and without using TT/Penny until the trading deadline or just letting the expire, I will be a very happy cambper. Wally along with a great draft would really have me looking forward to opening night!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2005  12:01 PM
Yeah, bring on Wally! Then tell me what do we do with Crawford? So we gave him a big contract only to get an erratic backup... backup... shooting guard or point guard? Who knows. And yeah, what a great lineup we would have of Stephon, Crawford, Wally, TT and... ehmmm.... Mo? I can't wait to see that in action! A sure playoff berth! Yeah right!

Every player the media has already hyped to NY is not the right direction we could take. Im tired of all that Curry, Wally, Big Z etc. thing has me tired. I don't think Isiah has yet a plan and that scares me the most. Sighs...
Knicks_Fan
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/19/2005  1:05 PM
i'd MUCH rather have a guy like Matt Harpring than Wally...maybe offer Utah KT for him straight up...Utah has a glut of SF's, but could use some frontcourt help...Harpring is the type of tough, gritty, team player we need.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/19/2005  1:56 PM
You're right about Harpring, but I don't think Utah would give him up for KT.

About Wally - no way! Only if Isiah can trick them into including Hassell, then we should consider it. KT for wally and hassell? Hah!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/19/2005  2:08 PM
Mo Taylor and a draft pick for Wally???? are you crazy? The one guy that should be on everyone's list to be traded is Kurt Thomas. Kurt has been as productive as Wally. We can send Penny's contract or TT's along with Kurt for Wally and a draft pick

Posted by nyk4ever:

I'd take Wally in a second. Whats his contract really matter to the Knicks anyway, especially if they are trading a package that surrounds MoT and a late first round pick, Id deft take it. I agree alot with what Fish said, the guy shoots a great %, loves to take game winning shots and he's not soft AT ALL, he's an extremely pesky player and has stood up to Garnett before when the team wasnt winning. He has fire, something that not alot of Knicks have. Make it happen Isiah.
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/19/2005  6:50 PM
We really need a spot up shooter and he could definitely do it for us. We still need the shotblocking presence, especially with him at the 3.

I'd run a lineup like this

Marbs
Ariza (make him focus on defense, he has the atheleticism for it)
Wally
Sweets
???????

2nd unit
Marbs
Crawford
TT
Mo Taylor
Butler
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/19/2005  7:08 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Mo Taylor and a draft pick for Wally???? are you crazy? The one guy that should be on everyone's list to be traded is Kurt Thomas. Kurt has been as productive as Wally. We can send Penny's contract or TT's along with Kurt for Wally and a draft pick

Posted by nyk4ever:

Do you really think that Minnesota is going to trade their first 1st round draft pick in years? I don't see it happening although it would be nice.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 04/19/2005 19:09:45]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
and introducing the newest member to the NO THANKS club - wally szcerbiak

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy