[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

will we hear anything regarding stlye of play before this draft?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/19/2005  9:08 AM
At some point last year Isiah promised a more athletic uptempo team. That was followed up by offseason trades for undersized PFs with limited verticle leap, but lets move on from that.

Is the GM going to offer ANY kind of insight as to the direction of the team?

One of the reasons I bring this up today (as opposed to the other 50 times) is as I consider our draft position and look over the players the more and more I like Raymond Felton. He's got good size. He's uber athletic. He's a good shooter from long range so he could have an instant impact and fill a need. He's a tough player, especially on defense. He's a little out of control, but its usually when he's attacking the basket, which he does to a fault. I would MUCH rather have a guy that attacks the rim than jacks up 3 after 3. Also he's got good size. Maybe not a super tall guy but he's got a great frame... very strong.

As we reshape this depressing roster he's the mold of guys I most want.

We need guards, and while that essentially would give us 3 PGs and no SGs I would rather play 2 athletic PGs that can score than 2 SGs as we did with Houston and Spree.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/19/2005  9:38 AM
well at this point, will we hear ANYTHING from isiah? it's been a long time since he spoke - i think since herb was hired. so i'm curious if he'll actually admit this is a disastrous season or starting shifting blame on the h20 and penny injuries.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/19/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

well at this point, will we hear ANYTHING from isiah? it's been a long time since he spoke - i think since herb was hired. so i'm curious if he'll actually admit this is a disastrous season or starting shifting blame on the h20 and penny injuries.

This was in the Daily News on april 15:

"As for Marbury's boss, Thomas has promised to break his silence within the next two weeks. It will be his most anticipated State of the Knicks address since taking over the team."

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/19/2005  12:56 PM
i'd rather take the Green kid if we get a G, & develop him next to Marbury the same way PHI is developing Iguodala next to AI.

we don't need another PG...we already have 2 guys who play the position.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/19/2005  2:10 PM
I don't think Zeke will reveal his draft strategy. And saying the sorts of players he's looking at will basically reveal his draft strategy. I can't blame him for playing his draft strategy close to the vest.
¿ △ ?
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/20/2005  12:11 AM
From the Times:

"Where this goes from here, only Isiah Thomas, the Knicks' president, knows. Silent for the past month, Thomas is expected to meet with reporters Thursday afternoon. Coach Herb Williams's status, and the search for a possible successor, loom as Thomas's primary decisions. There is also the matter of a flawed roster to consider."

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/20/2005  12:32 AM
Coach Herb Williams's status, and the search for a possible successor, loom as Thomas's primary decisions.

It's amazing how this is the most important thing to consider for the team, and the roster is just a small thing to look at. Isiah gets a free pass everytime the coach is the scapegoat, even though the roster stinks and is an absolute mess.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
kip3f
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #762
4/20/2005  12:52 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

From the Times:

"Where this goes from here, only Isiah Thomas, the Knicks' president, knows. Silent for the past month, Thomas is expected to meet with reporters Thursday afternoon. Coach Herb Williams's status, and the search for a possible successor, loom as Thomas's primary decisions. There is also the matter of a flawed roster to consider."

I bet Isiah is going to announce on Thursday that Herb will be the coach next year.
will we hear anything regarding stlye of play before this draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy