[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

sorry Shaq... I see the MVP race is between 2 guys...
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/20/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Nalods prediction:

1. Shaq: He also gets the "In your face" factor for Kobe.

2. Nash: Win with him, lose without. He does not make the team, he makes it better. No 1. record in the tough west.

3. Iverson: I would have had Lebron here, but Alan Carried the team on his back. Again. Maybe Timmy should be here?

4.Lebron: Lebron is the future king. He will get hype votes, and some sympathy ones too.

5. Timmy: No slant againt him putting him at no. 5. I could easily put him at no. 3 or 4. He is behind Shaq and Nash this year in terms of importance of his team. The spurs are better this year than in the past and no doubt he is the center of it all, but they are better balanced.

6. Garnett: Good stats, bad team. This is what happens when you add one part Spree, one part Sam I am. Poor Sam could never get his contract right.

7: Kidd/Carter: These guys play the last third of the season has been incredible, just sick! Can't say I like these guys personality, but on the court, this year, they were awsome!

8: Dirk. Really does not matter does it.

9: Heinrich: Best turnaround story. Started season 0-9, finsished with nice record. He is the point, he is the QB, and he gets some sloppy considerate votes.

10: Kurt Thomas: Guy is 6th in rebounds, shoots well, good %, etc, and is highly underrated by fans. We all know what he does not do, but we overlook what he does. he has been a rock for us, and gets some insignificant votes to show some apprciation from this fan.

19: Step On Marbury: Played every minute of every game and if left to his own device would get every assist and every point! His stats were great, he played every game, all for naught, but he still put in the time! Also I am throwing some love his way.

263: Jamal Crawful: I threw a vote his way to point out he needs to keep working hard to undo the typical Knick rep of overpaid and underachieving. To his credit, he gets votes ahead of Glen Rice, Bigg Poop Robinson. But not spree!

Check out Nalods no. 9. No. 263. Ouch! Heinrich is not the MVP, but he is looking good out there! Crawful, no soup for Crawful!
AUTOADVERT
PooPooPrince
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #719
4/20/2005  1:39 AM
IMO Tracy Mcgrady is MVP last year he gave up but this year he has been the leader of Houston.

Houston has a bunch of role playters and 1 decent center

Furious George said it best when he said that he thinks Mcgrady
is a better than Kobe and Garnett.

Is their an award for most skilfull player?
manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
4/20/2005  2:04 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Lebron and Iverson. I dont see any one player in the league that does more for their team.

The Heat win without Shaq and Wade is insane. Pho has too much depth.

Bron and AI are the two that really carry their teams every night.

Iverson's last 9 games (April)
35points,5rebs,10assists,3steals while every win or loss has playoff implication

i can't agree more, and i said the same (about shaq) in a previous thread. if some people say "shaq should (or could) be mvp every season", i'd say the same about AI. the guy is phenomenal. and you're right... wade is awesome.
KNICKS 2006
manilaballer
Member: #521
Philippines
4/20/2005  2:18 AM
Posted by tomverve:

Sorry, Bonn doesn't seem to be that off base here. Iverson's PER is just not up to snuff with those of the legit MVP candidates. People don't like this observation because they see him putting up big scoring numbers, and this year good assist numbers as well. It seems that Iverson is on the same level of greatness in certain aspects of the game as other MVP-type players. The major reason he falls short is not because he doesn't score enough or rebound enough or pass enough, but rather because he shoots poorly and turns it over so much. PER takes into account every statistical contribution a player makes to his team, both good and bad. Generally people tend to focus on the positives while downplaying the negatives, but PER gives us an objective means of comparison for all this, and Iverson just isn't up to snuff.

does PER take "clutch" and "heart" into account? or the fact that a player steps up when needed, when entry into the playoffs is on the line? AI is an unbelievable competitor, something marbury isn't.
KNICKS 2006
sorry Shaq... I see the MVP race is between 2 guys...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy