[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

maintain strategy----move KT for pick and player
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2005  12:04 PM
haev an impact draft size speed athletiscm and a guard.

be very patient with ending contracts, don't trade them to trade them

Be aggresive with the MLE but smart--teams have TREMENDOUS cap room next year, early aggresion will be imperative--look at big name FA like BIG Z who may settle for an MLE because no one is willing to pay him big money--move down to guys like Bobby Simmons or Cutino Mobley if we cant pull that off

move either of JYD or Malik--to much redundancy By next year Ariza will be a better option than JYD.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2005  12:15 PM
i don't know I think JYD is pretty valuable at 15-20mins off the bench per game. Its when Herb had him in the dog house that we started losing. Now he's back in the rotation and we're looking like a team. Without JYD in there guys just don't try as hard. JYD should never be a starter on this team because of his limitations on offense but he is one heck of a spark plug and a great teammate. If anything Rose is redundant and should be the one traded. JYD gives us great energy and he works great with ariza and crawford at creating steals and fastbreaks that help us get back into game when our starting lineup often comes out flat. Taylor is also more valuable to use than Rose because he does one thing really well and that is score inside which we so desperately need.

Kurt & Rose are redundant...
trade KT & Rose if you can for picks and pieces we lack and trade Sweetney only if you are getting a player that will make a difference.

because deep down I still think Sweetney is potentially the best PF we have if he can lose even 15LBS because he has the potential to do it one both ends with his wide body. At worst he can always be a great 25min guy off the bench who dominates 2nd units with guys like Taft, Bogut. illgaukus starting in the frontcourt.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 04/17/2005 20:36:37]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/17/2005  4:09 PM
I like Bobby simmons alot. He is a good young player, if we could get him that would help us immensely. Cutino mobley, ehhhh, whatever. He's a pretty decent scorer, i guess it wouldn't hurt us at all.
Killa4luv
USA
4/17/2005  4:12 PM
KT & Rose are redundant in a certain sense, mainly on offense. They both can hit those open jumpers, but that is where the similarities end. Rose can guard 4 positions on the floor. He can run, he can jump, he has decent athleticism, KT has zero. If you must trade one trade KT, he brings much less to the table.
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
4/17/2005  5:27 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

KT & Rose are redundant in a certain sense, mainly on offense. They both can hit those open jumpers, but that is where the similarities end. Rose can guard 4 positions on the floor. He can run, he can jump, he has decent athleticism, KT has zero. If you must trade one trade KT, he brings much less to the table.

You just haven't seen enough of Rose to start trashing him yet. KT suffers from too much familiarity. This board in general sees only good in JYD and ROSE and only bad in KT.

Rose can't guard four positions - at least not well. If he could he'd be playing 48 minutes a game for this team.

I like Rose, but KT is better. KT is a better on offense and a better rebounder. And personally I'm not convinced Rose is much (if any) better on defense.

Does everyone really think that the coaches and GM on this team are so bad that KT gets major minutes even though JYD, Sweeney, Rose and Taylor are so much better then him? I mean I can see thinking these guys aren't doing a great job coaching but do you really think they can be that bad at evaluating talent? (Especially since some of the same posters rave about IT ability to judge talent)
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/17/2005  6:30 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Killa4luv:

You just haven't seen enough of Rose to start trashing him yet. KT suffers from too much familiarity. This board in general sees only good in JYD and ROSE and only bad in KT.

Rose can't guard four positions - at least not well. If he could he'd be playing 48 minutes a game for this team.

I like Rose, but KT is better. KT is a better on offense and a better rebounder. And personally I'm not convinced Rose is much (if any) better on defense.

Does everyone really think that the coaches and GM on this team are so bad that KT gets major minutes even though JYD, Sweeney, Rose and Taylor are so much better then him? I mean I can see thinking these guys aren't doing a great job coaching but do you really think they can be that bad at evaluating talent? (Especially since some of the same posters rave about IT ability to judge talent)

The only forward we have that can concievably guard 4 positions is JYD (2, 3, 4, 5). KT can only guard 4's and 5's, Sweets can't seem to guard anyone, as can't TT or Taylor. I would trust Rose to guard at the 4 and the 3 positions.

I agree KT is the best forward options we have, but saying that is sort of like saying he is the "King of the handicapped". It doesn't mean a whole lot. I look at KT the exact same way I looked at Charlie Ward when he was a FA about 6 or 7 years ago. He is a starter on a crappy team and a reserve on a contender.

As for the MLE, I would LOVE to sign Bobby Simmons. He would be a great starting 2 guard on this team so we can move Craw to the bench and concentrate soley on big men in the draft. The one issue I have with Simmons, which can also be considered a strength based on perspective his his coolness reminds me eerily of the style Houston played with and was knocked for. He rarely shows emotion and I wonder if he can hold up in NY if guys are saying he has no passion.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 04/17/2005 18:39:11]
~You can't run from who you are.~
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
4/18/2005  10:27 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Killa4luv:

The only forward we have that can concievably guard 4 positions is JYD (2, 3, 4, 5). KT can only guard 4's and 5's, Sweets can't seem to guard anyone, as can't TT or Taylor. I would trust Rose to guard at the 4 and the 3 positions.

I agree KT is the best forward options we have, but saying that is sort of like saying he is the "King of the handicapped". It doesn't mean a whole lot. I look at KT the exact same way I looked at Charlie Ward when he was a FA about 6 or 7 years ago. He is a starter on a crappy team and a reserve on a contender.

As for the MLE, I would LOVE to sign Bobby Simmons. He would be a great starting 2 guard on this team so we can move Craw to the bench and concentrate soley on big men in the draft. The one issue I have with Simmons, which can also be considered a strength based on perspective his his coolness reminds me eerily of the style Houston played with and was knocked for. He rarely shows emotion and I wonder if he can hold up in NY if guys are saying he has no passion.

I agree with this mostly. But you over-rate JYDs defense - he has trouble covering at almost every position. He makes up for a lot with hustle but he's not strong enough to cover 4 or 5's for extended periods and not quick enough to cover 2 or 3s. He's a nice change of pace defender but far from a stopper or even a full-time defender at any of the positions.
joec32033
USA
4/19/2005  5:53 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I agree with this mostly. But you over-rate JYDs defense - he has trouble covering at almost every position. He makes up for a lot with hustle but he's not strong enough to cover 4 or 5's for extended periods and not quick enough to cover 2 or 3s. He's a nice change of pace defender but far from a stopper or even a full-time defender at any of the positions.

Never said he was lockdown, bro. I think his best defense is played at the 3, at the 4 and 5 he can get overmatched (strenght wise and height wise). The only point I was trying to make was that JYD was the only player that can guard 4 positions. IMO, Rose at 6-7(ish) is too short to guard the 5 dependably, and too slow to guard at the 2 dependably, which is why he is a 6-7(ish)PF. I would trust JYD, as you said, for short spurts at the 5 and at the 2, defensively.
Killa4luv
USA
4/19/2005  8:25 AM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I think you have made good points here. None of that changes the fact that KT being our best PF is a problem. KT is decent just not what we need, and we should use him to get something of better value like a pick of a young atheletic big. Having Rose allows us to at least get some of what KT had, with added atheleticism.
joec32033
USA
4/19/2005  8:05 PM
It's sad when a 6-7 Charles-Barkley bodied PF who can't dunk gives us added athleticism over our best PF (BTW I really do like Rose just thought this was Ironic).
maintain strategy----move KT for pick and player

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy