[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Another LeBron to Ny Tidbit
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2005  4:29 PM
That new Clevland owner is a maniac. He is making alot of lives uneasy in Clevland. He is talking abotu building a new arena and all that.

Stupid move #1 was firing Paul Silas when the Cavs were fighting for the playoffs. That shows he has no clue how to run a team. The chemistry got all screwed up and guys are now worried about the big wigs now. It's all a big distraction.

One thing that will never happen is that Cleveland owner trading Lebron to the Knicks. He will soak Lebron for all he is worth. He sees Lebron in Cleveland as a huge business opportunity.

Geez man Lebron on the Knicks? Wouldn't that just be the ultimate payback to losing all those years in the Jordan era?

[Edited by - enyspree on 04/18/2005 16:32:26]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/18/2005  4:40 PM
A fantasy, a pipe dream
Makes Knicks fans look desperate
Lebron? The Knicks? Please...

We really are suckers aren't we? ...kinda like the poor bastards watching TV at 4am buying the Abdominizer2000 for the quick and easy way to 6-pack abs. Don't let the media play you, it doesn't matter where it was written from.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
4/18/2005  4:52 PM
exactly, please lock this thread, lebron isnt going anywhere.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/18/2005  5:02 PM
This was probably posted already. But BIG Z is moving to NJ with in the offseason. He plans to live in NJ. But he doesn't know if he will be playing for the knicks or not. Though he wouldn't mind it as long as he get his money.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2005  5:02 PM
If nike supplimented his salary to play here I think the league would go nuts!

Lebron can play here for the MLE in two years. If his agent went to each of his sponsers and raised his fees 10-15% they could compensate the differrence. Only like 10-15 mil per year!

HIs agent would be smart to float rumors which could only help him get what he wants in cleveland.

Walt Frazier retired in a Cav uniform! IMagine that! Wilt, Kareem,Jorden, all changed Uni's!

I could happen, but don't hold your breath!
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
4/18/2005  5:44 PM
All this Lebron to NY is funny. When Cavs add Allen or Redd this year Lebron will be happy.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
4/18/2005  5:48 PM
Posted by MX25:

All this Lebron to NY is funny. When Cavs add Allen or Redd this year Lebron will be happy.

whats even funnier is all these NY fans eating this crap up
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/18/2005  6:11 PM
Posted by MX25:

damon stoudamire would be a good pick up since he can shoot and Lebron doesn't want to run the point as much
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
4/18/2005  6:29 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by MX25:

whats even funnier is all these NY fans eating this crap up

I dont think anyone here realistically believes that we are going to get Lebron but its fun to talk about it,just like the hundreds of trades on this board that never come close to fruition.Lighten up.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/18/2005  11:27 PM
my bad Big Z is moving to NY not NJ.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/19/2005  5:30 AM
Posted by Nalod:

If nike supplimented his salary to play here I think the league would go nuts!

Lebron can play here for the MLE in two years. If his agent went to each of his sponsers and raised his fees 10-15% they could compensate the differrence. Only like 10-15 mil per year!

HIs agent would be smart to float rumors which could only help him get what he wants in cleveland.

Walt Frazier retired in a Cav uniform! IMagine that! Wilt, Kareem,Jorden, all changed Uni's!

I could happen, but don't hold your breath!

I know Nike supplementing a salary for a player to come here is circumventing the CBA in the worst way, but it is a fact that alot of players have kickers in their contracts if they play in bigger markets. It's not the first time I heard that someone with a shoe contract gets a bonus if they come to NY.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 04/19/2005 05:31:32]
~You can't run from who you are.~
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
4/19/2005  10:18 AM
No breaking news,just another tidbit....

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/111390308313560.xml

Gilbert didn't ignite fire, but he's fueled it
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Bud Shaw
Plain Dealer Columnist
The Cavaliers were a dysfunctional organization before Dan Gilbert bought them, but that doesn't matter.

As the chief recruiter in need of a head coach and (soon) a GM, he had better come up with a pitch that sounds a lot better than his two months on the job make him look.

He can say that while what's happened makes him appear to be a compulsive fantasy leaguer, Jim Paxson and Paul Silas fit together like Rush Limbaugh and Al Franken.

He can make the case that Paxson made some awful draft picks. He could point out the acquisitions of Jiri Welsch and Lucious Harris as the equivalent of going to war armed with peashooters. No argument.

He could say without any great fear of contradiction that being so awful that you win the lottery is a poor recommendation for a GM.

He could calm the nerves of his next head coach by saying that Silas all but asked to be fired.

But any candidate might wonder what it was that turned Silas off so much that he no longer wanted to coach LeBron James.

The problem for Gilbert is that he dispatched a guy who is popular with his peers. If you're a coach considering Cleveland, the canning of a Silas is a warning signal.

The problem for Gilbert is that the playoffs only gave the appearance of slipping away under Silas. With Silas gone and Gilbert as the decision maker who kicked him out, the Cavaliers have gone into complete free fall.

Gilbert can try to sell his next coach on the energy and excitement in town over the prospect of watching James become this generation's Jim Brown. The owner might want to skip over talking too much about Usher's Double C sign as more evidence of that energy. It's conspicuously missing of late and now stands for "complete crash."

What happened to the Cavaliers isn't as simple as Silas leaving. But the simple answer is the one making the NBA rounds.

Gilbert detonated the playoffs.

Gilbert and his minority partners don't mind telling a head coach to play a certain player. (Gilbert denies that.) Is the perception totally wrong? Or is it semantics - "Suggest" instead of "tell?"

Gilbert's red-flag interview attributing that first post-Silas win to a better rotation and tougher perimeter defense was silly then and looks ridiculous now. The Cavaliers still don't defend. They play matador to any opponent bulling his way down the lane.

Gilbert has some serious explaining to do to convince a good, experienced head coach that he plans to hire proficient basketball people and let them do their jobs.

What he needs to back off from is the notion he will run the basketball end of the Cavaliers as he runs his online mortgage business. He might be the type of boss who doesn't mind getting e-mails from employees with suggestions on how best to run the company.

No good coach will suffer that.

Gilbert doesn't have to refute Spike Lee's hopes that LeBron James will want to play for the Knicks sooner than later. What he has to do is build the kind of organization that can challenge for a title in the next few years.

If Gilbert does that and James leaves Cleveland, that's on him.

But if he leaves because the next head coach or GM is too inexperienced or perceives the owner to be too meddlesome, then Gilbert is sitting on his biggest business loss.

Other than that, there's not much riding on his next decision.

matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
4/20/2005  9:54 PM
hmm Cleveland is OUT so I wonder what this means for the Cavs and LeBron....
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
4/20/2005  10:06 PM
wonder what coach gilbert may be looking for.........looks like lebron is paying some dues
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Another LeBron to Ny Tidbit

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy