Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Trade: Penny, Kurt, for Zcerbiak and a draft pick
second round pick and Sweetney for a higher pick in the first round, and take it from there.

We would have an amount 4 picks all together that we could invest in the first round drafting capable ballers...
ok... you just missed the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, but you get a good draft pick in a very deep draft. So to get your team back on the right track your going to add guys like KT and Penny? AND give up the pick????

Seriously how much thought went into that one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/18/2005  1:30 PM
Give it up MS. You are pointing the finger at the wrong person. After one year, you can't criticize the man for making the moves that he made. It's not like he inherrited a good team with great cap space, he inherrited the total contrary . Give him time, I would say at least until the end of next season. if it doesn't pan out, yest you can criticize him..

Posted by MS:

Isiah sucks, he brings in losers and then complains about the salary cap when he actually has had good flexibility to work with expiring deals.......

Why Mo Taylor, he is out of shape, can't guard anyone, and needs to dribble to score he can't go straight up....

Why Crawford...he was a cancer in Chicago, plays no defense and is a chucker

Why TT....he has been called out by teamates always underachieves, and doesn't play defense

Why Marbury....He doesn't make big shots or free throws, makes bad decisions and isn't clutch when it matter....ohh and plays no defense

Why Lenny? Why fire his top assistant?

Isiah is one big Why after another..........and there never seems to be an answer after the question...
The true Knickabocker..........
KnickerBlogger
Member: #789
USA
4/18/2005  1:37 PM
Agreed on KT being gone.

I think JYD has a chance to go as well. The third year is a team option, which most likely will not be picked up. So he's really worth $12M over 2 years. The Knicks don't need him with Malik Rose, and he should be easier to move considering his hustle and attitude.

Next year the PF rotation should be Sweetney/Rose/Taylor/Butler (considering he shows promise during the summer).
http://www.knickerblogger.net
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/18/2005  1:58 PM
Posted by KnickerBlogger:

Butler (considering he shows promise during the summer).

According to RealGM.com he has was signed to a 2 year contract. He's actually on the payroll next season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/18/2005  3:53 PM
How can anyone criticize those two moves by Isiah (ARiza and Butler) two very promissing young men who could be around for a long long time. You have to make bad moves to get good moves later.

Give Isiah one more year, he will right this organization....

Coach
SG
Center.......

Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by KnickerBlogger:

Butler (considering he shows promise during the summer).

According to RealGM.com he has was signed to a 2 year contract. He's actually on the payroll next season.
The true Knickabocker..........
OldFan
Member: #446
4/18/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by OldFan:

Mo is a fine starter - if you're not worried about defense or the ability to put out the effort to contribute consistently. Why are you asking? The guy has been in the league for years and his flaws are pretty obvious.

Well Sweetney falls into the same catagory. To Mo Taylors defense(no pun intended) he got hurt after he started showing signs he might be turning a corner. Then Van Gundy came to town. We can't trust Van Gundy's judgement to bench Mo Taylor because the same guy benched Camy and Spree and stuck LJ on Duncan in the Finals. Mo Taylor seems to have a mean streak and a killer instinct. Plus he reads defenses well and makes decisions quickly when he is trying to score.

If all fails I wouldn't mind having Mo Taylor start and get relieved by Rose and JYD. Isiah would just need to trade Sweets and KT and try to get a good center.

I'm not viciously endorsing this.......I'm just throwing stuff out there.

VG got us too the finals and Camby played better for VG in the playoffs that he ever did before or since. I get a kick out of people knocking the way VG handled Camby - who ever got more out of him then Van Gundy did in those playoffs. Not playing him early in the year worked out pretty damn well. At Taylor never played consistently for any coach.
Where do the Knicks go from here?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy