Vin Baker Wants To Be A Knick
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/7/2002  11:24 AM
Found this @ RealGM's Wiretap:
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that Vin Baker seems to be infatuated with becoming that low post presence that the Knicks so desperately need.

"I'd love to play in New York," Baker said."It would be a great situation for me as well as the Knicks. A low-post presence is what Latrell and Allan need."

He might no longer be an All-Star, but he is still good enough to at least draw a double team. He also has a better chance at making an immediate impact with the Knicks than any rookie drafted with New York’s lottery pick would.

"I think a change would be good for me and New York is where I want to be," said Baker, who is from Hartford. "I'd be back home with my family. I'm hoping it happens. It wouldn't surprise me if it did."

I went to RealGM and checked some trades, and Marcus Camby and Othella Harrington for Vin Baker works. If they put in a 2002 or 2003 first rounder, I would consider it. Thoughts?
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/7/2002  12:08 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Found this @ RealGM's Wiretap:
Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that Vin Baker seems to be infatuated with becoming that low post presence that the Knicks so desperately need.

"I'd love to play in New York," Baker said."It would be a great situation for me as well as the Knicks. A low-post presence is what Latrell and Allan need."

He might no longer be an All-Star, but he is still good enough to at least draw a double team. He also has a better chance at making an immediate impact with the Knicks than any rookie drafted with New York’s lottery pick would.

"I think a change would be good for me and New York is where I want to be," said Baker, who is from Hartford. "I'd be back home with my family. I'm hoping it happens. It wouldn't surprise me if it did."

I went to RealGM and checked some trades, and Marcus Camby and Othella Harrington for Vin Baker works. If they put in a 2002 or 2003 first rounder, I would consider it. Thoughts?
Vin Baker is not an upgrade over Camby and Othella. It's a lateral move. Maybe if we could dump some salary in the process... like Vin Baker and Payton for Allan Houston, Othella and Camby.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/7/2002  12:15 PM
Yeah, I wasn't saying to do that, I just found out that that trade would work. Sorry for the confusion.
#Knickstaps
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
4/7/2002  7:15 PM
I would like to see Vin in NY. But how much do the Sonics want in return.

Im willing to give KT,Knight,Jackson for him. But im not willing to part with Camby, Spree, or Houston.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/8/2002  12:14 AM
Posted by falcindor:

I would like to see Vin in NY. But how much do the Sonics want in return.

Im willing to give KT,Knight,Jackson for him. But im not willing to part with Camby, Spree, or Houston.
KT is worth more than Vin right now, and his contract is better.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
4/8/2002  11:38 PM
would like to see Vin in NY. But how much do the Sonics want in return.

You really want that fat ass????????????????
and for KT.
dude taht would be like getting a really overpaid third string point guard and a really bad swing man. Oh wait our retarted GM has done that already.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vin Baker Wants To Be A Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy