[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Orlando in full-blooded tank mode--Lakers sit kobe possibly for year
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/15/2005  11:11 PM
I'll just say this, as a Knick fan over the last 5 years you just cannot catch a break. It is plausible by winning out from here we CAN end up in position 12 with a full Orlando tank job and the other teasm just going 2-2. If we lose 4, we will WIn position 7 because GS will win 2 more games IMHO with their schedule and being one of the teams not tanking.

For going through an AWFUl season, position 12 in the draft would really be the icing on the cake for knick fans. I dontc are what stupid knick announcers say, and I don't care for this this we'll pull out all the stops, no young players get any minutes, yadayada

who pays the bills for this frikin team--FANS give the fans what they want and F lose the last 4, Ill take 3:>) play Butler Ariza Sundov give them 20 minutes, we know what TT KT and especially marbury can do--if the Lakers can sit Kobe--we can sit Marb--he has played year round now.

But we wont.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2005  11:32 PM
[b]who pays the bills for this frikin team--FANS give the fans what they want and F lose the last 4, Ill take 3:>) play Butler Ariza Sundov give them 20 minutes, we know what TT KT and especially marbury can do--if the Lakers can sit Kobe--we can sit Marb--he has played year round now.

But we wont.
Briggs, most people who actually go to Knick games don't want to see them lose. As a season ticket holder, I really don't care if they win or lose these last remaining games (mainly because I relocated so I can't go to the games now) but if I was still able to go I think I would feel the same. I know plenty of people sitting in section 200 & 300 that want those guys to win so they can cheer. To me 2 lottery spots isn't make or break, especially in this year's lottery. As far as I am concerned pick 20 has about as good of shot being the best player in the draft.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/15/2005  11:36 PM
Briggs, relax, man. I freaked out when we beat CLE, but the fact is, we're pretty set in the 7 spot. GSW is currently on their way back to 8th, beating POR handily. Then GSW plays LAL and UTA, at least one of which they'll win, probably both. TOR has a full game lead on us and won the season series.

I think the Knicks will go 2-2 AT BEST, meaning to pass Toronto, they would have to go 0-3, and they play MIL. And Toronto isn't tanking because Jalen and Rafer hate the coach and are playing their butts off.

As for GSW, we know they're playing well and they will most likely finish 3-0. But IF they go 2-1, AND if we go 2-2 then, because we split the season series, there would be a coin flip for 8th. I'm thinking we'll be 7th, 8th at worst. I'd like a top three pick for this awful season, but 7/8 isn't bad.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
4/15/2005  11:50 PM
And you guys are still going on the belief that the Knicks will ever get to win a draft or get in the top 3. Some people don't (I am one). I don't care if the Knicks finished with a 1 81 season, they ain't ever getting the #1 pick again. A team like Atlanta or (place low attendance/I couldn't give a damn about the NBA, franchise here) will always win. Especially if you think the Knicks will still be able to sell out like 20 of those games. You think Stern would waste a #1 pick on the Knicks when he could give it to a financialy challenged team. To Stern the Knicks is just a fat cash cow that could milk dry. The same could be said for LA and Boston.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 04/15/2005 23:51:25]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/16/2005  12:13 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
[b]who pays the bills for this frikin team--FANS give the fans what they want and F lose the last 4, Ill take 3:>) play Butler Ariza Sundov give them 20 minutes, we know what TT KT and especially marbury can do--if the Lakers can sit Kobe--we can sit Marb--he has played year round now.

But we wont.
Briggs, most people who actually go to Knick games don't want to see them lose. As a season ticket holder, I really don't care if they win or lose these last remaining games (mainly because I relocated so I can't go to the games now) but if I was still able to go I think I would feel the same. I know plenty of people sitting in section 200 & 300 that want those guys to win so they can cheer. To me 2 lottery spots isn't make or break, especially in this year's lottery. As far as I am concerned pick 20 has about as good of shot being the best player in the draft.

Thats complete BS. My father and I have spent 6 figures+ on tickets over a 20 year period. I got to know a lot of the people I sat with and Im still friends with. There is now way they would care about winning a game against Atlanta while their lottery position was at stake, no way. Kids don't care if they win or lose, trust me, they just like going, being there. No sir, real Knick fans want losses right now because they know it IS crucial to future success. This season is over, it was a joke a brutal failure and real knick fans want the best lottery pick they can get. Actually the ticketholders I sat with would never even go to these games to tell you the truth. Most of these tickets are being moved at the end of this season.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/16/2005  1:21 AM
Isiah and Dolan are so terminally stupid it's freakin' offensive.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/16/2005  2:40 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Pharzeone:

But we wont.

Thats complete BS. My father and I have spent 6 figures+ on tickets over a 20 year period. I got to know a lot of the people I sat with and Im still friends with. There is now way they would care about winning a game against Atlanta while their lottery position was at stake, no way. Kids don't care if they win or lose, trust me, they just like going, being there. No sir, real Knick fans want losses right now because they know it IS crucial to future success. This season is over, it was a joke a brutal failure and real knick fans want the best lottery pick they can get. Actually the ticketholders I sat with would never even go to these games to tell you the truth. Most of these tickets are being moved at the end of this season.

couldn't have said it better myself. truly unbelievable! I'm so sick of this team!
Pharzeone
4/16/2005  8:10 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Pharzeone:

But we wont.

Then please explain why the Garden has been cheering when these guys have been competing the last couple of games. The people in my section was going nuts when I explained to them two years ago that the Knicks would be better to just lose games. Talking about that they didn't shell out 6 grand to watch a bunch of losers and all that stuff. After that I just kept quiet about it.
I take the approach of being indifferent about the wins and losses. Like that Cleveland game, I don't think the Knicks were trying to win, the fact of the matter Cleveland may be just as bad. Marbury sat out the fourth. Crawford had a great game, and Lebron didn't. I mean what more do you want them to do? Tanking games goes against the creed of the league. The body language already says that they are not really competing that hard but if you want them to point watch, well ...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2005  10:48 AM
your not getting it.

No fan pays and goes to a game to see them lose, but we are talking about being realistic. When Marv and I went to the Bulls game the other night of course we cheered for our team, but in the end we were almost gratefull for the loss.

Dont think draft position means much?? Like 4-5 spots being the difference between Mike Sweetney and Dwane Wade? Yea.. not much difference there.

Please.. this is a lost season, its over and all thats going on now is the Knick management is doing everything it can to see this same mess happen next year also.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2005  10:53 AM
when we say tank we arent saying to throw the game. We are saying to play Ariza for 35 minutes, Butler for 25 minutes, Bruno for 20 minutes and Sweetney for 40 minutes. If we win with those guys then great. Thats a positive. Not only do we get to see them play NBA minutes but they are positive NBA minutes.

If we lose because of it we get another thing we need... a better shot at franchise talent in the draft.

Why is this so hard to understand?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/16/2005  10:55 AM
pharezone - i'm a season ticket holder too and i've been calling for a tank job since february. i wanted ariza and sweets to get 30+ mins a night and i thought that was going to happen but alas, for some STUPID ASS REASON, it didn't. and i'm pissed about it. i go to games to see my team play and hopefully win, but i also know what's best for this team. nobody would be upset if we sat all the big guys and if they do get upset, then their fairweather fans who think it's "cool" to have knicks' tickets.

again, for the 100th time i ask, WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED THIS SEASON?!!?!??! i see nothing tangible here and getting a spot lower than 7 will be ICING ON THE CAKE like briggs said.

i've given up my tickets b/c i do not like this team's management and their philosophy. i'm doing my part. the problem is, that there's a ton more people lined up thinking the next patrick ewing is just around the corner...
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
4/16/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by fishmike:

when we say tank we arent saying to throw the game. We are saying to play Ariza for 35 minutes, Butler for 25 minutes, Bruno for 20 minutes and Sweetney for 40 minutes. If we win with those guys then great. Thats a positive. Not only do we get to see them play NBA minutes but they are positive NBA minutes.

If we lose because of it we get another thing we need... a better shot at franchise talent in the draft.

Why is this so hard to understand?
My sentiments exactly. You have spoken the truth. This should have been done when Knicks were mathematically out of the playoffs hunt. My god, Marbury is playing banged up when he doesn't have to. Knicks management/coaches absolutely have no idea about taking care of their prize assets. Just play the younglings major mins until they grasp for breaths. Ridiculous.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/16/2005  12:12 PM
God forbid,what if Marbury has a serious injury before the season is over?Would it have been worth it? What would be the excuse by Knicks mgmt?

Like Ive said before,I like Herb but is his job security worth risking an injury to our big ticket players in meaningless games and quite possibly a lower draft pick? Hell no.

Is finishing on a possible win streak going to erase this dismal season? Are fans going to be fooled by the perfume on this pig? Hell no.

Im tired of these pyrrhic victories,I want to win the damn war!

Orlando in full-blooded tank mode--Lakers sit kobe possibly for year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy