[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

trouble in portland - get ruben here pronto...
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  2:09 PM
Tension erupts on court
Conflict boils over between Darius Miles and Kevin Pritchard, and Ruben Patterson says he wants to be traded

Friday, April 15, 2005
GEOFFREY C. ARNOLD

The tension between Darius Miles and Kevin Pritchard broke out into the open Thursday night at the Rose Garden. And Ruben Patterson said he is done with the Trail Blazers for the rest of this season and has requested to be traded before next season.

Miles, apparently miffed at being replaced during a 102-90 loss to the Dallas Mavericks, didn't bother to return to the bench after being taken out with 4:03 left in the first half. Instead, Miles threw his headband into the stands and ran directly to the tunnel and into the locker room.

Assistant coach Tim Grgurich chased after him, and Miles later returned to the bench. Miles said he needed to use the restroom.

Miles started the fourth quarter and scored on a fast-break layup with 8:34 remaining. But during the ensuing timeout, Miles again stood away from the team. Then Miles pulled himself out of the game, walked to the locker room again with 7:28 remaining and did not return. According to a Blazers spokesperson, Miles' sore neck was bothering him again.

"I hurt and came out of the game," Miles said.

Patterson, already upset about his playing time and the team's decision to give younger players more prominent roles, erupted in a postgame tirade and said he's not going to play in the team's final four games of the season.

"I don't want to get into details, but I think I'm gonna sit out these last four games. Because I went through so much for this team and it doesn't seem like these guys want to win here," Patterson said. "And I can't deal with that. I don't know if it's management or what, but it's obvious they want to play the young guys. I'm too good of a player for that. We are out there, trying to play hard and help this team win, and it seems like they don't care."

Miles, who played 11 minutes in the first half, didn't play at all in third quarter and played five minutes in the fourth quarter. In his 16 minutes, he made 2 of 8 shots and scored six points.

"He said his neck was sore," Pritchard, the Blazers' director of player personnel and interim coach, said. "I don't know for sure what was going on. He and I are going to have a little pow-wow and I'm going to find out."

Pritchard and Miles then walked into Pritchard's office, after which shouting was heard.

During the Blazers' first timeout of the third quarter, Miles sat on the bench, away from the team. He stood up but clearly was uninterested during the team's second timeout of the quarter.

Miles thought Pritchard had called his name to enter the game with 3:18 remaining in the third quarter. Miles walked toward the scorers table, but Pritchard said he called for Travis Outlaw to enter the game. Miles wheeled around and walked back to the bench.

Some of the Blazers players were apparently upset with Miles' actions throughout the game. Both Stoudamire and Patterson had animated conversations with Pritchard during the timeout after Miles walked off the court for the final time.

Miles has had his troubles with the Blazers this season. His well-publicized tirade toward former coach Maurice Cheeks in January resulted in a team-imposed two-game suspension. Miles was asked about his standing with the team after the game.

"You'll have to ask (general manager) John Nash and Kevin Pritchard that. I play for the Trail Blazers and I'm supposed to be here for another five years," Miles said. "It's not whether I want to be. But I have a contract for five years, so I'm supposed to be here. I might want to be here, but they might trade me somewhere else."

Patterson said he would welcome a trade, although Blazers President Steve Patterson, after speaking with the forward, said he will be on the flight for tonight's game at Golden State.

"If it's going to be like this, it's no use in me being here," Ruben Patterson said. "It's about winning with me right now. I don't want to be here. They just need to trade me."

ruben for jyd
kurt for ruben + #1 (this makes alot of sense for them since SAR is gone and they need insurance for zach)
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  2:14 PM
don't we already have a thread w/this article?

anyway, there's no way we get POR's lottery pick for KT...maybe a 2nd rounder.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  2:16 PM
future #1
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/15/2005  4:33 PM
Ruben Patterson=Shandon Anderson=Buy Out!
trouble in portland - get ruben here pronto...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy