[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah is gone Imho
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/15/2005  1:51 PM
i think he will coach lebron and the cavs next year and have some big time say in personell. why not? it's a no-lose situation. he can say he came into a difficult situation here and put us in better position for the future and he said all a long that he wanted to get back into coaching

he gets the next jordan in the easy east and walks away from the knicks without to much egg on his face.

hes been quiet[not like isiah, he hasnt had one hand in why the young guys arent playing and doesnt care who plays big minutes or not at the end of the season]

he's gone

I hope they take their time picking a new GM, but if Pat Riley's contract is up, FAR and AWAY I would increase his 5mm$ salary to 7.5MM per for 5 years and give him full control of all actions.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  1:54 PM
only problem w/the idea of bringing in Riles (& you know i love the idea), is that once his contract expires, he gains part ownership of the Miami Heat...so he'd have to sell off his share to take on that role w/the Knicks next year.

& i really don't see how Isiah would salvage any reputation if he bailed on this team now.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2005  1:54 PM
you might be right. there has to be a reason why Isiah suddenly doesn't care about the youth movement
BRIGGS
4/15/2005  2:01 PM
Posted by TMS:

only problem w/the idea of bringing in Riles (& you know i love the idea), is that once his contract expires, he gains part ownership of the Miami Heat...so he'd have to sell off his share to take on that role w/the Knicks next year.

& i really don't see how Isiah would salvage any reputation if he bailed on this team now.

he could sell that in a day.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  2:02 PM
riley will not be swayed b/c he has ownership in miami.

we will give phil $10 mil year to be coach/gm

if isiah leaves, man...what a total and utter dissapointment.

and yet, there's a part of me that wants him to leave just so i can see the major fallout which may actually result in something better for the long run.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  2:03 PM
but if you're cleveland...would you turn the ship over to isiah?
TMS
USA
4/15/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

he could sell that in a day.

i'm sure he could...but will he want to is the question.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/15/2005  2:10 PM
This seems more like hoping Isiah leaves for Cleveland and us landing Riley. Than really believing its going to happen.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2005  2:21 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i think he will coach lebron and the cavs next year and have some big time say in personell. why not? it's a no-lose situation. he can say he came into a difficult situation here and put us in better position for the future and he said all a long that he wanted to get back into coaching

he gets the next jordan in the easy east and walks away from the knicks without to much egg on his face.

hes been quiet[not like isiah, he hasnt had one hand in why the young guys arent playing and doesnt care who plays big minutes or not at the end of the season]

he's gone

I hope they take their time picking a new GM, but if Pat Riley's contract is up, FAR and AWAY I would increase his 5mm$ salary to 7.5MM per for 5 years and give him full control of all actions.
Maybe Isiah is getting is letting Herb coach this team without his interference like he promise him. Maybe the guy is just following through on a promise to Herb and the media. Now he is jumping ship because he isn't ripping Herb in the public?
Second, the Dolans hold Riley in the lowest regard on a personal and business level. Why do you think the Dolans would hire him back?
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/15/2005  2:27 PM
I don't know, Briggs. I think Isiah would be MURDERED if he left the Knicks. I think he has to draft and pick a decent coach. You're saying he should get out now before it gets worse, and I could see that, but I think if anything he has to make it a little better before he leaves or no one will want him.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2005  2:34 PM
anything is possible. Hard to believe Isiah would be the Cav's first choice considering what it would cost them. Remember Isiah makes like $7mm here. How much of a pay cut will he take?

I think this is just a quiet time for lottery teams. Whats to do but play out the string and scout potential draftees?

Isnt this Jerry West's last year with the Grizz?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
4/15/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by fishmike:

anything is possible. Hard to believe Isiah would be the Cav's first choice considering what it would cost them. Remember Isiah makes like $7mm here. How much of a pay cut will he take?

I think this is just a quiet time for lottery teams. Whats to do but play out the string and scout potential draftees?

Isnt this Jerry West's last year with the Grizz?
Don't know. But I don't West would come to NY. Hasn't he been offered the position before and turned it down. I think Isiah would leave if he thought that the Knicks had a replacement line up for him. I don' think his contract allows him to leave for a coaching position either. I think most owners set up their contracts with their management people that way. You can move laterally or down without permission. I am not sure if the Dolans would allow him to leave now and we already know that they take that type of stuff serious. See Riley and JVG.
TMS
USA
4/15/2005  2:54 PM
Jerry West would probably be back at the head of the Lakers if he decided to change teams...i'm sure they're not all that infatuated w/Mitch Kupchak anymore these days...& Kobe would certainly love to have Jerry West back i'm sure.
BRIGGS
4/15/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:

he's gone

Maybe Isiah is getting is letting Herb coach this team without his interference like he promise him. Maybe the guy is just following through on a promise to Herb and the media. Now he is jumping ship because he isn't ripping Herb in the public?
Second, the Dolans hold Riley in the lowest regard on a personal and business level. Why do you think the Dolans would hire him back?

Riley was long gone before Cablevision came in.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
4/15/2005  3:11 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:

he's gone

Riley was long gone before Cablevision came in.
Didn't the Dolans acquired the rights to MSG back in 1994 from Viacom?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2005  3:15 PM
Isiah has a 4 year contract! He is not even into it for 2 years yet.

He walks, he is not going to Cavs without some serious compensation. New owner poach Isiah whlile under contract a big no-no.

Isiah negotiate with an owner while a corp. officer of MSG is a big No-No!

D-Dumb Dan Dan would need permission to talk with Isiah, and I doubt he gets it. League office would go nuts, Stern would have a cow, and Isiah would be dirt if he did it.

ANy hate written about Isiah would be fully justified in retrospect and then some.

Riles will own a chunk of the Heat and I doubt he cashes in so fast.

One could see him lead a group and gain total ownership if Mickey wants out. He already a minority owner. Pat got star power and can raise the cash real fast!

Or be GM of the Knicks?

TMS
USA
4/15/2005  3:26 PM
Although Aguirre sees Thomas as a coaching candidate, he did rule out any chance of Thomas leaving the Knicks before he turns them into a legitimate contender.

"He's not going to quit on this job," Aguirre said. "That's not going to happen."

Pharzeone
4/15/2005  3:30 PM
Posted by Nalod:

He walks, he is not going to Cavs without some serious compensation. New owner poach Isiah whlile under contract a big no-no.

D-Dumb Dan Dan would need permission to talk with Isiah, and I doubt he gets it. League office would go nuts, Stern would have a cow, and Isiah would be dirt if he did it.

ANy hate written about Isiah would be fully justified in retrospect and then some.

One could see him lead a group and gain total ownership if Mickey wants out. He already a minority owner. Pat got star power and can raise the cash real fast!

Or be GM of the Knicks?
The only way to get out of his contract with the Knicks without having to sit out was that Riley was offered a higher position and ownership. The Heat got hit when it was discovered that he negotiated while still with the Knicks.
BRIGGS
4/15/2005  3:34 PM
[quote]
Posted by Nalod:

Or be GM of the Knicks?

I'm sure Isiah has out clauses pertaining to coaching opportunities.

Won't make him look bad. He can say, I've always wanted to coach, I have an opportunity to coach a hall of fame type player who is just getting started. I believe I have put the Knicks into much better position, were younger, more athletic, we have draft picks, we have assets yadyada, when I got here there was a mess. We didn't expect Allan to be out all year and injuries probably ruined the season yadayada, but still the Knicks are in great position to really turn things around yadyayadya
This brings me closer to my family, and I felt a clean break at this time instead of coaching the Knicks myself was in the best interests of the Knicks. I want to thank the Dolans Mills, the players and coaches yadayada

Riley wants to own the Heat? Why the Heat don't make money, cash out his 10% for 38mm$ and go out and sign another 7-8mm per $ with the Knicks. Its a challenege to riles, hes not coaching, but running the organization at a high price, but you get what you pay for. There is nOT one man I would rather run my organization than Riley I mean other than ZO getting sick which made the Grant and Jones signing look horrible--look what he has done. Wade-Butler-Odom-Shaq---not bad
RIP Crushalot😞
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
4/15/2005  3:42 PM
Well, in my humble opinion I think Isiah is gonna have waffles for breakfast tomorrow.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Isiah is gone Imho

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy