[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Age limit? why not draft young and place then in the NBDL?????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  8:02 AM
I don't agree with the age restriction that Stern has proposed. Yes, it will help the colleges, but college players don't get pay. These young athletes are all trying to get a paycheck for playing basketball. Instilling an age limit will definitely hurt the black community, because a lot of parents have groomed their young overgrown kids to become basketball pros as a way out of the ghetoes. Now, I am all for a developmental league. We can draft these kids, but teams should not be obligated to pay them the type of money that they are getting today. Now, if they merit a big contract, so be it, because I don't want to penalize gifted players like Lebron or Garnet. However, if they are not ready to contribute right away, they should be getting no more than $100.000 for their potentials. Guys like: Kwame, Curry, Chandler, Darko, etc, should have never been allowed to collect the pay that they have so far.

I will say no to the age limit, but yes to the NBDL, however, teams should not be obligated to pay the type of money that they are to those not ready youngins. Those teams should only be allowed to pay them no more than $100.000 guarantied contracts.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2005  9:31 AM
Getoes? Oh man that typo is funny.

Why a new forum for this? Getoe use an existing one. Getoe continue an existing conversation thread. Getoe not have to start a new thread with each synapse. Or is the "Sin Napse, or Syd Naps".

Sydney Naps is a 7 footer from New Zealand, great hops!

Dude, the Black community benefits in many ways not from high school boys being thrown into a pressure cooker, but by many many boys whom could go to school and bring not bling back but education back to the "Getoe". The Lebrons and Amares will be stars in any event, but we talking about generally one year, perhaps two. The object is not to deny a man from earing big money, but keep the game from losing its skill levels. The Darious Miles and Kwames are not helping the game at all. some of these kids need skills, and potential is not doing the job! Also, there are many young euros hoping on the potential band wagon. They are Euro-Getoe, and they to can benefit by staying in Europe and play.

Having a bunch of uneducated 2 year contract players washing out after only making a few hundred thou and won't help the community at all. A development league has some good points, but I think college might look damm good than grinding it out on some minor league teams fighting to pump up stats. ANd if you a man, that means you gotta know right from wrong and you aint a coddled star no more!

In college, you can develope thru more practice, play to large crowds, and grow up some in a controlled environment.

There will always be exceptions, but you might have more players faring well in many aspects going to college that might have longer careers than getting some early money and bouncing out Of the NBA.

That will help the Getoe, the black community, and the overall quality of the game!

Perhaps the pedicures on those "getoes" will look nicer!
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  9:54 AM
So much for correcting my spelling, what is (earing)????

Posted by Nalod:

Why a new forum for this? Getoe use an existing one. Getoe continue an existing conversation thread. Getoe not have to start a new thread with each synapse. Or is the "Sin Napse, or Syd Naps".

Dude, the Black community benefits in many ways not from high school boys being thrown into a pressure cooker, but by many many boys whom could go to school and bring not bling back but education back to the "Getoe". The Lebrons and Amares will be stars in any event, but we talking about generally one year, perhaps two. The object is not to deny a man from earing big money, but keep the game from losing its skill levels. The Darious Miles and Kwames are not helping the game at all. some of these kids need skills, and potential is not doing the job! Also, there are many young euros hoping on the potential band wagon. They are Euro-Getoe, and they to can benefit by staying in Europe and play.

Having a bunch of uneducated 2 year contract players washing out after only making a few hundred thou and won't help the community at all. A development league has some good points, but I think college might look damm good than grinding it out on some minor league teams fighting to pump up stats. ANd if you a man, that means you gotta know right from wrong and you aint a coddled star no more!

In college, you can develope thru more practice, play to large crowds, and grow up some in a controlled environment.

There will always be exceptions, but you might have more players faring well in many aspects going to college that might have longer careers than getting some early money and bouncing out Of the NBA.

That will help the Getoe, the black community, and the overall quality of the game!

diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  10:02 AM
By the way, I didn't create this thread to encourage kids not to go to college. In fact I would love for every kid to get a chance to receive an education. However, what is the use if when they get there they only stay for a couple of years and not even learn anything to succeed in life other then playing basketball? Too often we have a bunch of kids with fake grades who can't even do a basic mathematical problem or even spell their names because they have been pushed through the ranks illegally. Dexter Manley is a perfect example. I see it like this, there is no need for a freaking age limit. Nalod! I know that you are mad at me for commenting on the effect that such a thing will have in the black community, but I don't give a damn whether or not you agree with me. That is my freaking point of view.
Posted by Nalod:

Age limit? why not draft young and place then in the NBDL?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy