[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah will coach the Knicks next season......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  11:30 AM
You still dream of having Houston in your lineup?????

If Cleveland gets a big time free agent mayber phil would consider, but seriously what are the chances of that happening, its still cleveland

The Lakers maybe he wants to be close to jennie buss and just get the coaches ransom, but no one wants to play with kobe

The Knicks suck, but if Sweetney loses 15 pounds in the offseason Crawford (play within himself) and Ariza each gain 10 and Marbury learns how to hit a clutch shot, that is 8 more wins right their, add a healhty Houston and a draft pick, with a nice role player for the mid level, and that 13-15 more wins with the right coaching, so their is hope........
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2005  11:45 AM
Posted by MS:

Are the Wolves in a better situation then the knicks, they are capped out, spree may not sign their they are going to trade Cassel, so why go their

Why would fill go to the blazers, they have a pg who is undersized and can't shoot, no shooting guard, and zach randolf who cloggs the post doesn't pass or play defense, and ratliff who is injured....

If Cleveland gets a big time free agent mayber phil would consider, but seriously what are the chances of that happening, its still cleveland

The Lakers maybe he wants to be close to jennie buss and just get the coaches ransom, but no one wants to play with kobe

The Knicks suck, but if Sweetney loses 15 pounds in the offseason Crawford (play within himself) and Ariza each gain 10 and Marbury learns how to hit a clutch shot, that is 8 more wins right their, add a healhty Houston and a draft pick, with a nice role player for the mid level, and that 13-15 more wins with the right coaching, so their is hope........

good post. there still is hope especially with the draft and the coaches and GM forcing the players to play smarter and get in shape
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/15/2005  11:46 AM
Posted by MS:

Are the Wolves in a better situation then the knicks, they are capped out, spree may not sign their they are going to trade Cassel, so why go their

The have the big Ticket, he is one of the best players in the game. Top 5 on any list Top 3 on most.
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  11:50 AM
It is much easier to propell the Wolves to the top of the NBA than it would be with the Knicks....Everyone in this league would love to play with KG......

Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by MS:

The have the big Ticket, he is one of the best players in the game. Top 5 on any list Top 3 on most.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2005  12:15 PM
Silas is "new bloods"?

Pessimism: the main ingrediant for somting good to happen.

We are hitting rock bottom.

Phil can see the attactive challenge with our situation. We have talent, but its gazy talent. A good coach can ride these guys for year before they tune him out. Rid them before then. IN that time fill in with the truly passionate player. This takes 18 mos. So basically I see this team as doing ok next year, then year two make a strong end year run with playoff run of two rounds. year three we can be a contender..........

Its not about allan, or tt, or anfernee, or most that we can see.

Its about Phil, installing a system that makes SOME of our guys players, and filling in the rest with new blood, and decent trades for role players phil places value.
BigAppleStar3
Member: #683
USA
4/15/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by joec32033:

I still hope herb will be back, and if not I want a coach of the same ilk as a Rick Carlisle.

I think Herb gets a bad wrap about playing youth. Seriously, Ariza deserves to start over TT, KT needs to be moved to the bench. And I still feel Sweetney is just running in placeand not getting any better.

Next year, Zeke has to give Herb the security to play youth. If we are able to shed TT, Penny, KT, and Mo (wishful thinking I know)and take some potential players in the draft he will play them.

Can you give me ONE good reason to bring back Herb Williams? What exactly has he done? Don Chaney was a better coach. Herb is terrible.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/15/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by BigAppleStar3:
Posted by joec32033:

I still hope herb will be back, and if not I want a coach of the same ilk as a Rick Carlisle.

I think Herb gets a bad wrap about playing youth. Seriously, Ariza deserves to start over TT, KT needs to be moved to the bench. And I still feel Sweetney is just running in placeand not getting any better.

Next year, Zeke has to give Herb the security to play youth. If we are able to shed TT, Penny, KT, and Mo (wishful thinking I know)and take some potential players in the draft he will play them.

Can you give me ONE good reason to bring back Herb Williams? What exactly has he done? Don Chaney was a better coach. Herb is terrible.

1-Herb got this team to play with at least some passion at the start
2-Herb got us back into playoff contention for the short time that he had this team playing together
3-Herb concentrates on defense and can teach it
4-Herb is NOT Chaney or Lenny
5-Herb is a young coach who, admittedly has alot to learn
6-There is a possibility Herb can have an amazing staff in place (Bringing Ewing back to coach big men if he stays)
7-Herb concentrates on a well rounded offense where noone is truly favored
8-Herb actually got TT playing well and playing inside (that HAS to be worth something)
9-Herb got Crawford to play a more well rounded offensive game (more passing, less stupid shots)
10-Herb does not a bigger than life coach that will bring drama just by being here (see Jackson, Phil and Brown, Larry)
11-Herb has alot to learn but he does have some potential
12-Herb had this team playing semi-competitively eve though we were losing
13-Herb makes rookie mistakes as a rookie coach, I can handle that, Lenny made rookie mistakes as a coach with 20 years experience...I can't handle that.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2005  1:39 PM
Thank you JoeC. And like you and I both said. The guy is a rookie. He needs the helping hand of Isiah. If Isiah gave him that hand, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be stupid enough to slap it and swipe it away.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  1:47 PM
Look here, if there weren't any other competant coaches out there, I.E. Phil, Flip, Isiah, Silas, I would say YES, but that is not the case. We can't afford to pass on an opportunity to hire a real good coach back here in N.Y. Herb is capable, but how many rookie mistakes will you allow him to make next season, especially when he continues to fail to utilize our youth???
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/15/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Look here, if there weren't any other competant coaches out there, I.E. Phil, Flip, Isiah, Silas, I would say YES, but that is not the case. We can't afford to pass on an opportunity to hire a real good coach back here in N.Y. Herb is capable, but how many rookie mistakes will you allow him to make next season, especially when he continues to fail to utilize our youth???

Are we playing for a championship next year? No. Are we looking at a 50 win season? No. Are we looking to develop a team that may hopefully grow together? Yes. Each of those coaches you mentioned were rookies once, too. And each has a question mark.
Phil always coached ready made teams with dominant players. We are neither a ready made team nor do we have a truly dominant player.
Flip was a decent coach then KG was lights out. Flip has never been able to successfully coach a team in the playoffs either, whether that team was young or old, experienced or green.
Silas you want to talk about a coach who hates developing players? Standing behind the Gooden for KT trade makes it obvious where he stands. Also, if he was willing to trade for him before, you think he'll want to get rid of KT or play Sweets if he comes here?
Zeke would be a good coach I agree, but I have to think he will not coach this team until all his pieces are in place. I think the Garden is too big of a market for Zeke to hold the GM and Head Coach's hat at the same time.
~You can't run from who you are.~
diderotn
USA
4/18/2005  7:58 AM
Marburry played 50 minutes last night, and that too me is absurde. You can pretty much tell that some guys have given up on the season, but Marb to his credit has continued to play hard. How many minutes did Kurt, TT, and other have played??? no more than 20, meanwhile, JB, Ariza , and Sweetney have continued to pileup DNP.....Tell me, do you still want to see Herb back as our coach????
Posted by joec32033:

Nalod
USA
4/18/2005  8:59 AM
herb has bought nothing to the table. Isiah should have stuck with Chaney until he figured it out. He undercut chaney, and Lenny never had a chance with this group.

We need a coach with presence and reputatation to get these guys in line.

I would rather have Isiah than herb, but only if Isiah resigns as GM.
diderotn
USA
4/18/2005  9:44 AM
As for coaching changes, I don't blame Isiah for going another direction a couple of times so far. However, this next season he MUST find a coach that he will keep around for 3 years at the least. Personally, I want Isiah to coach this team.

Posted by Nalod:

herb has bought nothing to the table. Isiah should have stuck with Chaney until he figured it out. He undercut chaney, and Lenny never had a chance with this group.

We need a coach with presence and reputatation to get these guys in line.

I would rather have Isiah than herb, but only if Isiah resigns as GM.
Nalod
USA
4/18/2005  11:58 AM
Posted by diderotn:

As for coaching changes, I don't blame Isiah for going another direction a couple of times so far. However, this next season he MUST find a coach that he will keep around for 3 years at the least. Personally, I want Isiah to coach this team.

[

Who do you blame then? Herb is no improvement over chaney, and lenny was disrespected! Isiah on the watch for 1.5 seasons and herb is his THIRD coach. Likely, he will have a 4th!
Isiah will coach the Knicks next season......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy