[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why does ariza get so little playing time?
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2005  11:29 AM
Ariza has gotten plenty of minutes to develop in his rookie year and can continue to develop over the offseason.

That's a classic. How can one get plenty of minutes if he's not getting any minutes the past 20 games or so? How's he gonna develop? He hasn't had anytime to develop. And don't tell me "Trevor is lucky at the age of 19 to be getting any minutes." b/c in games that just don't count (Except that losses are better) you really really want to play Taylor, and Tim Thomas over Ariza? Ariza can't be squeezed 20 minutes?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/15/2005  11:30 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Allanfan20:

That is why it is Isiahs fault for not getting on the phone with Mr. Williams and letting him know he needs to start playing these guys. This is the type of coaching style Herb was brought up with under JVG and Don Chaney and Pat Riley? (Was he here for Pat Riley?). Now all of a sudden, Herb is brought into the absolute worst situation you can think of and he's now fighting to stay with the Knicks (Imagine being with an org. for so long and everyone loves you, and all of a sudden, you're just thrown in a situation where you can just lose it all, out of the blue.) He wants to win as many games as possible whether he's in the playoff hunt or not, and he's going to go with the guys who are older and less athletic and have hit their ceiling, but they'll also make the less mistakes and have the most experience. OF COURSE he's gonna go with them and leave out the Ariza's and Butlers. This is where Isiah needs to interfere and actually be the GM of the team.
So Isiah gives Herb a chance to coach the team without interference it is now his fault that Herb is messing up. Herb is brought into a bad situation? LOL, how do you think assistants go from being assistants to head coaches. He was given a great opportunity. Like any other job it is sank or swim. Second, as far as I am concern the guy has been an assistant coach here about the last 6 years. He was the summer league coach, hyped up Ariza, Sweetney. If anything he should have formulated how he would run this team if given the opportunity. Maybe he is not high on Ariza. Maybe Ariza isn't doing what he should be doing in practice. Herb is calling all the shots on the court and that is how it should be.

What are you talking about bro? It's Isiah's mess 100% and he made it a bigger mess by trading away our only center for yet another pf (And adding yet another PF in the other trade!). If we fire Herb this Summer, name me one coach that would actually want to come here and coach this team? Phil? You really think Phil would want to coach this team? LOL!

Herb is an interim coach. He should not have all this power like you guys say he has. He's a very inexperienced coach. He needs the helping hand of Isiah. I'm sure Herb is not so stupid that he would swipe away Isiah's suggestions to play the kids. He would get FIRED immediately and it would look bad on his resume. The most childish thoughts are being made on this one page right now.

That of course is if you are operating under the impression that Nazr was an actual starting quality center in this league.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/15/2005  11:32 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Why would Isiah lose two coaches in the same year?????

What are you talking about bro? It's Isiah's mess 100% and he made it a bigger mess by trading away our only center for yet another pf (And adding yet another PF in the other trade!). If we fire Herb this Summer, name me one coach that would actually want to come here and coach this team? Phil? You really think Phil would want to coach this team? LOL!

Herb is an interim coach. He should not have all this power like you guys say he has. He's a very inexperienced coach. He needs the helping hand of Isiah. I'm sure Herb is not so stupid that he would swipe away Isiah's suggestions to play the kids. He would get FIRED immediately and it would look bad on his resume. The most childish thoughts are being made on this one page right now.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Firing two coaches in about 3 months would look really bad for Isiah too allanfan. I just don't see how you don't understand that or why you need to call people childish for having a different view. There's so limited harm done by having Ariza's minutes cut in the final six games of the season that maybe it just isn't worth firing yet another coach.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2005  11:35 AM
I give up with this thread.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/15/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I was going to respond but then I read page2 and thought better of it myself
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/15/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by Allanfan20:

I was going to respond but then I read page2 and thought better of it myself
I had the same initial reaction!
BigAppleStar3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #683
USA
4/15/2005  12:21 PM
Herb Williams is hurting this franchise Scott Laydenish. Does he really think winning these last meaningless games will help his stock? Herb had his chance and he failed it. Winning when the season is over does nothing. How he's benching Trevor Ariza is a travesty. What's the point of having an NBA Draft if Herb is going to burry our Rookies on the bench? I'm completely against brining back Herb. He's shown nothing that makes me want to bring him back. What exactly has he improved? Did you know he has a worse win-loss record then Don Chaney and Lenny Wilkens? Herb is terrible.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/15/2005  12:28 PM
its funny because he is actually hurting his stock by playing the mediocre overpaid vets and burying the young guys on the bench. If he had been playing the youngsters they would've played hard for him and he would've looked a lot better and even if they fought & still lost at least he would he might've been offered a job elsewhere. Now he's going to be jobless once he's fired muahahahahahahahahahahah what an idiot!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2005  1:01 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]
Inexperienced coach, he has been an assistant coach for like 6 years. I know he was on the staff when the Knicks went to the Finals in 99. Inexperienced? To be honest Herb is the only coach that doesn't have an excuse. He has been with this organization for more than 11 years more than half as a coach. He had the opportunity to work under 3 head coaches. As far as Isiah cuddling him, please let me know what interim gets that. As far as I am concerned Herb should have a button on this team. When the Knicks were on their mini winning streak, Herb got credit but now it Isiah's fault. Marc Berman and all these so call media experts said he would be telling Herb what to do and Herb wouldn't get a fair shot to run this team. Well..well... Isiah not only gave him total control over the team, but he has control over practice, and player development. He stayed out of his assistant coaches way too.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2005  1:35 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

its funny because he is actually hurting his stock by playing the mediocre overpaid vets and burying the young guys on the bench. If he had been playing the youngsters they would've played hard for him and he would've looked a lot better and even if they fought & still lost at least he would he might've been offered a job elsewhere. Now he's going to be jobless once he's fired muahahahahahahahahahahah what an idiot!
That's why I believe that Ariza must be in the doghouse over something. Because Herb was playing him alot before when it really matter. I don't think Herb is stupid. Something behind the scenes must have happen or an unreported injury.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
why does ariza get so little playing time?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy