[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why does ariza get so little playing time?
Author Thread
nadavshomron
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #623
Israel
4/15/2005  6:57 AM
i simply can't understand why can't he get at least 20 min per game right now at SF he is not a shooter but he plays hard and rebounds and for to have confedence to shoot 3's he need to be on the floor...
if we want to trade him...show him off
if we want him better next season give him playing time now..
and the marbury min per game...he should play 30 min max..give craw min at PG...
the knicks should be aiming for the future right now...
LJ FOR 4!!!!
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/15/2005  6:58 AM
Herb is paranoid.
To him, Young=Bad
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  7:05 AM
Herb will not be retained.......
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/15/2005  7:46 AM
I assume it's Herb. I have trouble believing that Isiah would want his own draft pick to record DNPs.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2005  10:22 AM
That is why it is Isiahs fault for not getting on the phone with Mr. Williams and letting him know he needs to start playing these guys. This is the type of coaching style Herb was brought up with under JVG and Don Chaney and Pat Riley? (Was he here for Pat Riley?). Now all of a sudden, Herb is brought into the absolute worst situation you can think of and he's now fighting to stay with the Knicks (Imagine being with an org. for so long and everyone loves you, and all of a sudden, you're just thrown in a situation where you can just lose it all, out of the blue.) He wants to win as many games as possible whether he's in the playoff hunt or not, and he's going to go with the guys who are older and less athletic and have hit their ceiling, but they'll also make the less mistakes and have the most experience. OF COURSE he's gonna go with them and leave out the Ariza's and Butlers. This is where Isiah needs to interfere and actually be the GM of the team.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  10:30 AM
I agree and disagree with you about Herb and Isiah. You all were on Isiah's back for micromanaging Lenny eventhough Lenny was the one making all of the calls, now that he steps away and allow Herb to earn the job, you all want for him to dictate to Herb how and what he must do to secure his chances. That is not fair.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2005  10:32 AM
I agree, I don't understand the coaching theory here. Isiah is giving herb a chance, so the dude is coaching for his job, not the good of the team.

If you slap the interm label, the players give up, which they kinda have. But at least play the kids and see what they can do.

Watching Rose get shots blocked and not have the lift for his imaginative dunks is getting silly.

ONly a few games left, Lets hope Mo T's good numbers are his audition for another trade! Lets hope TT is playing well enough for Philly to want his silly ass back! Lets hope Anfernee is in exile for insurance purposes.
Bonn1997
USA
4/15/2005  10:44 AM
Mo T is a nice backup PF. He could play a role here like Corliss played in Detroit last year if Sweetney and Kurt are traded (which I think will happen).
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  10:48 AM
Why are some coaches so stubborn? Lenny was the same way. If you have a kid who has proven that he can play, why not throw him out there and let him gain experience? Iguodala is flourishing in Philly, I want Trevor to do the same. Herb is clueless.
Bonn1997
USA
4/15/2005  10:48 AM
Maybe Isiah has talked to Herb and Herb won't listen because he wants to win games. He knows Isiah cannot fire him now because Isiah would look like a fool for having three coaches this year. For the final four games of this season, Herb has all the power regarding playing time.
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  10:51 AM
Exactly.....I am pretty sure when Herb was approached about the interim position he flat out told Isiah that he wanted to make all of the calls. why wouldn't he ask for such a thing, especially as an interim coach??

Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe Isiah has talked to Herb and Herb won't listen because he wants to win games. He knows Isiah cannot fire him now because Isiah would look like a fool for having three coaches this year. For the final four games of this season, Herb has all the power regarding playing time.
Allanfan20
USA
4/15/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by diderotn:

I agree and disagree with you about Herb and Isiah. You all were on Isiah's back for micromanaging Lenny eventhough Lenny was the one making all of the calls, now that he steps away and allow Herb to earn the job, you all want for him to dictate to Herb how and what he must do to secure his chances. That is not fair.

Oh really professer?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2005  11:09 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

That is why it is Isiahs fault for not getting on the phone with Mr. Williams and letting him know he needs to start playing these guys. This is the type of coaching style Herb was brought up with under JVG and Don Chaney and Pat Riley? (Was he here for Pat Riley?). Now all of a sudden, Herb is brought into the absolute worst situation you can think of and he's now fighting to stay with the Knicks (Imagine being with an org. for so long and everyone loves you, and all of a sudden, you're just thrown in a situation where you can just lose it all, out of the blue.) He wants to win as many games as possible whether he's in the playoff hunt or not, and he's going to go with the guys who are older and less athletic and have hit their ceiling, but they'll also make the less mistakes and have the most experience. OF COURSE he's gonna go with them and leave out the Ariza's and Butlers. This is where Isiah needs to interfere and actually be the GM of the team.
So Isiah gives Herb a chance to coach the team without interference it is now his fault that Herb is messing up. Herb is brought into a bad situation? LOL, how do you think assistants go from being assistants to head coaches. He was given a great opportunity. Like any other job it is sank or swim. Second, as far as I am concern the guy has been an assistant coach here about the last 6 years. He was the summer league coach, hyped up Ariza, Sweetney. If anything he should have formulated how he would run this team if given the opportunity. Maybe he is not high on Ariza. Maybe Ariza isn't doing what he should be doing in practice. Herb is calling all the shots on the court and that is how it should be.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
4/15/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Exactly.....I am pretty sure when Herb was approached about the interim position he flat out told Isiah that he wanted to make all of the calls. why wouldn't he ask for such a thing, especially as an interim coach??

Yeah...because interim coaches command sooo much power. Please.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
USA
4/15/2005  11:19 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

Yeah...because interim coaches command sooo much power. Please.
Andrew, if Isiah has so much power, then what are his options if Herb simply doesn't want to play the young players? I can think of only two: Fire Herb, look like a fool for going through three coaches in one year, OR just get through these final few games with the understanding that Ariza has gotten plenty of minutes to develop in his rookie year and can continue to develop over the offseason.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  11:21 AM
with our luck, would ANYBODY be suprised if somehow, we lose ariza?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2005  11:23 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

if he signs with phoenix or new jersey put me on suicide watch.
Allanfan20
USA
4/15/2005  11:24 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Allanfan20:

So Isiah gives Herb a chance to coach the team without interference it is now his fault that Herb is messing up. Herb is brought into a bad situation? LOL, how do you think assistants go from being assistants to head coaches. He was given a great opportunity. Like any other job it is sank or swim. Second, as far as I am concern the guy has been an assistant coach here about the last 6 years. He was the summer league coach, hyped up Ariza, Sweetney. If anything he should have formulated how he would run this team if given the opportunity. Maybe he is not high on Ariza. Maybe Ariza isn't doing what he should be doing in practice. Herb is calling all the shots on the court and that is how it should be.

What are you talking about bro? It's Isiah's mess 100% and he made it a bigger mess by trading away our only center for yet another pf (And adding yet another PF in the other trade!). If we fire Herb this Summer, name me one coach that would actually want to come here and coach this team? Phil? You really think Phil would want to coach this team? LOL!

Herb is an interim coach. He should not have all this power like you guys say he has. He's a very inexperienced coach. He needs the helping hand of Isiah. I'm sure Herb is not so stupid that he would swipe away Isiah's suggestions to play the kids. He would get FIRED immediately and it would look bad on his resume. The most childish thoughts are being made on this one page right now.
Bonn1997
USA
4/15/2005  11:27 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

Yes; I have criticized Isiah for not locking up his Bird rights in a long-term deal, but I still don't expect Isiah to have any trouble re-signing him.
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  11:28 AM
Why would Isiah lose two coaches in the same year?????

[/quote]

What are you talking about bro? It's Isiah's mess 100% and he made it a bigger mess by trading away our only center for yet another pf (And adding yet another PF in the other trade!). If we fire Herb this Summer, name me one coach that would actually want to come here and coach this team? Phil? You really think Phil would want to coach this team? LOL!

Herb is an interim coach. He should not have all this power like you guys say he has. He's a very inexperienced coach. He needs the helping hand of Isiah. I'm sure Herb is not so stupid that he would swipe away Isiah's suggestions to play the kids. He would get FIRED immediately and it would look bad on his resume. The most childish thoughts are being made on this one page right now.
[/quote]
why does ariza get so little playing time?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy