[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

You want to see a team with a future? With a mix of veterans and youth?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2005  11:58 PM
Look at Philly.

Iverson is everything we wish Marbury could be on defense. Iguodala is everything we can hope Trevor CAN be. Dalembert is the big we all covet. Korver is the outside shooter we want. Webber doesn't have much left, but he can make some baskets and is a great passer. Green is almost as good as Crawford. Mark Jackson is a big 6'10" load in the paint.

With Chicago hurting, Cleveland dying, New Jersey not good enough, they may be the best bet to make the Eastern playoffs interesting (or at least challenge Detroit/Miami/Boston). Hopefully we can have the kind of turn around they're having. All it took was a few good drafts and then one trade for an aging superstar (who really has nothing to do with their success).
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  7:12 AM
Dont forget that they have a headcoach and plenty of rooms to maneuver unlike our Knicks. It takes luck in this league.....Iguodala is a freaking beast....Ariza if he was given the playing time, could be just like or better than him.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/15/2005  7:49 AM
Philly's not exactly a great model; they're probably barely going to sneak into the playoffs. Give it time and I think Isiah will put together a nice mix. What would be wrong with a young core of Marbury, Ariza, Crawford, and maybe Hakim Warrick and Channing Frye?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
4/15/2005  7:52 AM
i agree. when I originally read this my first thought was "how much better are they than us?"

I mean, they had basically two good years of drafting...if you count ariza and this and next year's draft, we are way ahead of philly.

When houston comes off the books, we will be the model of the nba of how to right a franchise in disaster.

If you ignore our January from hell, you will realize that philly isn't all that much better than us...forget about the head to head.

Cleveland on the other hand...they may end up being the worst franchise ever.

Jersey is doing some good things.
all kool aid all the time.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  10:30 AM
38 points & 16 assists...yeah, i think we could use some of that on this squad.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2005  10:49 AM
Posted by TMS:

38 points & 16 assists...yeah, i think we could use some of that on this squad.

I hear ya man. And 6 boards. And Wade comes back at him with 48 10 and 6. HA! THat's f'g basketball at its best. G-damn it, remember that streak early in the year when Marbs was putting up mad numbers and we were winning? Man I want us to play well next year. Rest Marbs and put better offensive and defensive sets together for this team. I'm already getting spring fever and that means overhyped optimism for next year!! I'll take my kool-aid with Cuervo, thank you.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  10:51 AM
i prefer Patrone, but i'll take a few shots wit ya my man.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/15/2005  12:07 PM
Craw didn't look to bad last night with 25/9 , plus he was hitting big shots down the stretch. It makes you wonder if craw should of been taking those shots back in january....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
You want to see a team with a future? With a mix of veterans and youth?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy