[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPN Radio reports Bulls to announce Curry will be out for remainder of the season & playoffs
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/14/2005  2:44 PM
just heard it on the radio...Bulls are going to hold a press conference today
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2005  2:47 PM
wow. that's huge. I thought Chicago was going to make a lot of noise, but without Curry they don't really have any offense in the post.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Zeke goes after Curry in spite of this. I have a nagging feeling he'll be trading for Curry or Brown with the lotto pick.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  2:47 PM
i wonder how this effects his trade value & whether or not he'd even be worth targeting at this point? that irregular heartbeat is a potentially fatal condition isn't it? (see Reggie Lewis)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  2:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

i wonder how this effects his trade value & whether or not he'd even be worth targeting at this point? that irregular heartbeat is a potentially fatal condition isn't it? (see Reggie Lewis)

it's true. I don't how serious it is. I wonder if he went on some fad diet pills that screwed up his heart. you hear it happen to girls all the time, when they have weird eating habits. I wonder if Eddy trying so hard to lose weight caused this.

as for trade value, Chicago is pretty much in the driver's seat with him as a RFA. teams that want him and can't overpay him (teams like us and Memphis) have to approach Chicago with a trade. I think, as long as he's cleared to play, his value will stay be way higher than what he's actually worth - even healthy. But, at this rate, I'm sure Chicago would JUMP all over our lotto pick for Eddy. Replace an ailing fatty who never developed an all around game with Splitter or Fernandez? Sure. They'd do it.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 04/14/2005 14:54:13]
¿ △ ?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/14/2005  2:53 PM
If he's able to overcome this, I'm sure and hope he'll have a very successful NBA career. However, I don't want anymore injury or health risks. Camby, Baker, Houston, McDyess, heck even Glen Rice and Patrick Ewing (His last couple of seasons) were out just as many games as they were in. I would like to have Camby, but only if it's a cheap price (And his contract is pretty big.) I just want to go for someone who is HEALTHY!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  2:55 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

If he's able to overcome this, I'm sure and hope he'll have a very successful NBA career. However, I don't want anymore injury or health risks. Camby, Baker, Houston, McDyess, heck even Glen Rice and Patrick Ewing (His last couple of seasons) were out just as many games as they were in. I would like to have Camby, but only if it's a cheap price (And his contract is pretty big.) I just want to go for someone who is HEALTHY!

why on earth would Denver trade Camby? They've won 23 out of 25. They're not thinking tinker, they're thinking championship. This season and for the next few. All they need is a two guard with an outside shot and they have cap room to get him, not to mention two first round picks.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  2:56 PM
so you'd rather target a Stromile Swift or Samuel Dalembert over Curry...i wonder what you'd have to give up to get either of those guys...they'd fit our needs nicely as well to give us an athletic finisher & shotblocker.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/14/2005  2:57 PM
would this have anything to do with the major weight loss before the season? vin lost a ton of weight also and suffered from the same thing.
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  3:00 PM
Posted by TMS:

so you'd rather target a Stromile Swift or Samuel Dalembert over Curry...i wonder what you'd have to give up to get either of those guys...they'd fit our needs nicely as well to give us an athletic finisher & shotblocker.

I really don't think we can get either guy. Dalembert's price tag is too high and I think Swift's will be too.

I wouldn't rule out Curry, but I'd be VERY careful about getting a good doc to check him out.

At this rate, I'd prefer to just draft Taft or Splitter or Frye. If they could trade down to get two first rounders for their lotto and get Frye and Warrick, I'd be happy. The fact of the matter is, the only big guy we're going to be able to get through a TRADE is going to be flawed. Some team will have given up on him, that's the only reason he'd be available. Take Jermaine O'neal, almost a superstar, but very immature.

IMHO, you have a much better chance of getting the type of big WE need in the draft.

Honestly, would you rather have Eddy Curry or Nene? I'd rather have Nene. He plays great D and would be a beast. And Marbury would get him all the easy shots he needed. And we had Nene.
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  3:12 PM
why not go after Kwame then? i don't think we'd have to pay him as much as a Dalembert or Swift, & he's shown some good things in his 1st 4 years in the league...compare his #'s to what Jermaine O'Neal put up his 1st 4 years in POR & i don't see why anyone would give up on this kid.
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  3:17 PM
Posted by TMS:

why not go after Kwame then? i don't think we'd have to pay him as much as a Dalembert or Swift, & he's shown some good things in his 1st 4 years in the league...compare his #'s to what Jermaine O'Neal put up his 1st 4 years in POR & i don't see why anyone would give up on this kid.

It's definitely an option. We'd have to give them Kurt and the lotto I think. I don't really want to give up Kurt (at least not Kurt AND the lotto and I think the lotto has to be involved to get a 23 yr old 7-footer who is still a former no. 1 pick). If we could give them Malik and the lotto or something, I'd do it.
¿ △ ?
ESPN Radio reports Bulls to announce Curry will be out for remainder of the season & playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy