[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Important Question.......(is Craw a good fit)
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2005  2:50 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

hughes WAS in pretty much the same predicament. He was a talent that no one really knew what to do with. They couldn't find a fit for him. He just found it this year realy. His jumpshot was off, I remember reading the articles about him.

very true but he was always regarded as a good defender. not sure about his rookie year but its not like he only became a good defender this year. Crawford will never be a good defender so I really don't see the comparison to Hughes.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/14/2005  3:38 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

Do you all believe that Crawff is a good fit for this ballclub???? also, do you believe that he is a SG or a PG????

Good question, I will let the next coach decide that. There is not good fits on this club. Right now, nothing seems to fit into the scheme of things, cuz there ain't no apparent scheme.
I actually was gonna make this point until i got swept up in the Craw vs. Hughes debate. A good fit into what? We don't have a style and we don't have a coach (herb will be gone but will be coaching another team next year I believe). There is no plan or design for craw or any other player to fit into. We have him, and as long as we do, I hope hope that a coach designs a plan the he fits into. Thats what a good coach would do IMO.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/14/2005  3:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Killa4luv:

hughes WAS in pretty much the same predicament. He was a talent that no one really knew what to do with. They couldn't find a fit for him. He just found it this year realy. His jumpshot was off, I remember reading the articles about him.

very true but he was always regarded as a good defender. not sure about his rookie year but its not like he only became a good defender this year. Crawford will never be a good defender so I really don't see the comparison to Hughes.
I don't think you can say he will never be a good defender. If he has to start playing tough defense to earn minutes in the game, his defense will improve. In any case he is too young to make such definitive statements about his progress.
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
4/14/2005  5:04 PM
I think as long as Marbury is here, Crawford is a bad fit: First, both are bad defensively, and it is next to impossible to win if your guards can't cover. Second, it is like two shooting guards are playing at the same time. No one really controls the game with these guys,ie; even though Marbury gets 8 assists a game, he is far from an extension of the coach on the floor. Witness how many close games we lose and what Marbury has done in those games.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
rojasmas
Member: #639
4/14/2005  5:06 PM
I meant to say look what Marbury has done in the closing minutes of the close games we have loss.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/14/2005  11:34 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

Do you all believe that Crawff is a good fit for this ballclub???? also, do you believe that he is a SG or a PG????

Good question, I will let the next coach decide that. There is not good fits on this club. Right now, nothing seems to fit into the scheme of things, cuz there ain't no apparent scheme.
I actually was gonna make this point until i got swept up in the Craw vs. Hughes debate. A good fit into what? We don't have a style and we don't have a coach (herb will be gone but will be coaching another team next year I believe). There is no plan or design for craw or any other player to fit into. We have him, and as long as we do, I hope hope that a coach designs a plan the he fits into. Thats what a good coach would do IMO.

You are both right on that one.As far as Hughes,he was complaining about his PT and forced the Sixer's hand from what I remember.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  7:26 AM
I have been studying Hughes for a long time now, and I have to tell you that this young kid's passion for the game is tremendous. He had problems playing with Iverson, but who doesn't? In GS he just didn't fit with that scheme. He was playing in a very bad market with subpar talents and it didn't pan out. But, when Jordan traded for him a few year ago, he totally transformed his game. In fact I thought that Doug Collins was using him improperly. Everytime he entered the game, you could feel the momentum changes, because he can do so much when he is on the court. Crawfford is not that type of dude. He thinks that he is a scorer, but in my opinion, he is nothing but a street AND 1 type of player. I am not saying that this kid will never get better, but for him to get better, it will take a disciplinarian to force him to play the game properly. To get better, it takes a lot of determination. Hughes got better as a player because of his exposure to Jordan. I am talking from what I know, because I reside not too far from this dude in the Maryland area. Jordan thought him anticipation and most of all how to study the game of basketball. In the offseason, this dude follows a brutal regimen; he has a shooting coach that pretty much transform him into a different dude. This kid spend countless hours in the film room studying his opponents. That is what the great ones do. That right there is a Jordan trademark.

For Crawf to get better at what he does, he not only will have to put a lot of time in the gym, he will also have to put a lot of time in the video room studying tapes. In fact all of our players need to develop that habbit. I wonder if Isiah is enforcing that.
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/15/2005  10:59 AM
What about this kid Macants? is he any good?
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  1:18 PM
let's hope Crawford comes back next season looking more like this:

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
RonRon
Member: #246
4/15/2005  3:20 PM
i remember hughes as just a tremondous athletic player with inconsistant scoring in GS and philly. He always had a lot of upside but he truly transformed his game around in washington over the years.

but the difference between crawford and hughes is not just the strength and defense. Hughes never avoided contact as a player, I think crawford dislikes contact and would much rather do a fancy dripped or quick pull up j with someone in his face. He doesnt mix his game up enough. Defenders like the shot selection crawford takes and expect him to take one of those erratic shots. When he makes it, its a great hard shot but the FG% wont lie....
When has he made a nice pump fake and try to draw contact like miller and many players do in the league now?

i believe theres still a lot of upside with crawford and he still has plenty to learn about the game. People just have to be patient about him, especially briggs. If u guys are serious about rebuilding, patience and time is needed for the players to develop. And crawford is certainly an upside player for the future. Also, comparing crawford with hughes....washington has a legit center in haywood, and backup with etan thomas. They have a great team this year. Tim Thomas has been inconsistant all year with his scoring and shot, I wonder if having houston return would help spread the floor and change the game up, if he ever returns. I know that sounds weak defensivly though...crawford,houston,marbary, and whoever will be on the court?

and about ariza, I think his offense and shot is just too weak at this point. Hes a athletic player that sells out layups, cant find the open jumper, misses free throws. His effort in taking it to the hoop and rebounding is there. But he has to be more focused and determined in playing the "lockdown defender" game. I think he belongs in the 2nd squad till he develops his offense.

About the draft, if we can draft warrick or shelden williams or another big man thats projected in our pick? Which route should we go for?

Important Question.......(is Craw a good fit)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy