[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Eric Williams enters draft can anyone name a player that we could draft that is better than Eric @
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/14/2005  11:17 AM
30?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/14/2005  11:26 AM
Ryan Gomes
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/14/2005  11:40 AM
Interesting take on the guy:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18606-2005Mar8.html
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/14/2005  11:45 AM
for a second there i thought BRIGGS was talking about this Eric Williams:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3016

lol.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

30?

I'd like to get Eric this late. Could we offer him a promise?
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/14/2005  12:03 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Ryan Gomes
Not bad, but I think Eric may trump him. Eric Williams is the closest thing to Eddie Curry that I have seen. He's probably an inch, inch and half shorter, but he has the same explosive athletic ability for someone of his massive size. I mean at 6-9 290,and not fat, the way he gets off the ground is pretty impressive. I like Gomes, but I just like the way I think Eric would apply to the nBA game better. I mean he is like a mini-Shaq or a Curry, very close to Curry. I mean he shot .635 for the year in the best conference in CBB.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/14/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Ryan Gomes
Not bad, but I think Eric may trump him. Eric Williams is the closest thing to Eddie Curry that I have seen. He's probably an inch, inch and half shorter, but he has the same explosive athletic ability for someone of his massive size. I mean at 6-9 290,and not fat, the way he gets off the ground is pretty impressive. I like Gomes, but I just like the way I think Eric would apply to the nBA game better. I mean he is like a mini-Shaq or a Curry, very close to Curry. I mean he shot .635 for the year in the best conference in CBB.

Yeah I like Eric too Briggs but I think his shooting % is VERY misleading. Whenever I saw Wake play which was about 5-6 times almost all of his points were putbacks and offensive rebounds. Now you can look at that 2 ways.
1. he will be able to do that in the NBA becuase he has an NBA body or 2. he was in the right place at the right time and benefitted having a guy like Chris Paul on his team who took all the shots on offense and he was able to rebound his misses against smaller opponents.

I think its more of #1 then #2. If the Knicks somehow got another pick and were able to attain their big man and SG/SF with the first 2 picks I'd be all for taking Eric with #30.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  12:44 PM
how does he fit? Are we going uptempo or halfcourt? If we are going for an athletic line up I dont see the point. Heck... Sweetney is 6'8 290 right now and we dont feed him the ball.

Honestly I think we are better served looking for a shooter there... even if its a Euro player like a Marko Thomas type
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
4/14/2005  1:03 PM
Posted by fishmike:

how does he fit? Are we going uptempo or halfcourt? If we are going for an athletic line up I dont see the point. Heck... Sweetney is 6'8 290 right now and we dont feed him the ball.

Honestly I think we are better served looking for a shooter there... even if its a Euro player like a Marko Thomas type

Wake Forest plays up tempo as fast as anyone. Mike Sweetney is a under-sized PF. Eric Williams is an undersized, albeit athletic C, bigger, more athletic than Sweetney. I hear what you are saying,perpetually undersized, but I don't want to just take anyone with pick 30--maybe in the second round, but this is a guy who has lottery talent for sure, no questions. To grab that at 30 imho, is a coup. This is a 290 pound athletic C who lead the ACC in FG %, he is very, very close to being the same exact thing as Eddie Curry.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  1:11 PM
fair enough... I have no problem with a BPA selection at that spot. The good thing is there will be a solid player there, whether its EW, or a guy like Gomes, Jarred Jack, etc.. someone is going to drop because of the #s game.. no ifs ands or butts.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2005  1:29 PM
Nazr was in the top 5 in FG% at one point.

How does Eric score? does he have any moves on offense? Can he shoot a litle bit? or is he as awkward as Nazr. If he is we really have no use for a guy like that. We don't need a black hole at center. You can't do it all on putbacks. Even Camby hits jumpers albeit very awkwardly lol

and how many shots per game does this guy block?
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  1:30 PM
Marbury should not be in an uptempo game. His game is built for a half court team. He doesn't like to run. We need size that can play D. I like Eric Williams for that. He's an agressive defender (something Curry isn't) and a good shotblocker.
¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/14/2005  1:36 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Marbury should not be in an uptempo game. His game is built for a half court team. He doesn't like to run. We need size that can play D. I like Eric Williams for that. He's an agressive defender (something Curry isn't) and a good shotblocker.

Thats sounds just like something we really, really need! If he brings that to us then its great! How young is he? Does he still has a chance of growing up another inch to 6'10"?
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/14/2005  1:37 PM
Any post-up moves?
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  3:29 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Marbury should not be in an uptempo game. His game is built for a half court team. He doesn't like to run.
agree 100%
crzymdups
USA
4/14/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by crzymdups:

Thats sounds just like something we really, really need! If he brings that to us then its great! How young is he? Does he still has a chance of growing up another inch to 6'10"?

I doubt it. He is a big load though. He's pretty unstoppable in the post. Much better than Sean May IMHO, and slightly bigger and less fat.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/14/2005  5:03 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by crzymdups:

I doubt it. He is a big load though. He's pretty unstoppable in the post. Much better than Sean May IMHO, and slightly bigger and less fat.

Hard to compare players. Sean May is a tremendous skill player with a big body. Eric Williams doesnt have the refined skills of a Sean May, but uses his body just as well to seal his opponenet and has athletic explosion to attack the rim. I don't care what anyone else says, I think Sean may is a lottery pick, I havent seen Vazquez Splitter et al but let me tell you they would have their hands full nd then some with either Sean May or Eric Williams. Quite frankly, I dont know how they would handle either player. Just think of how easy Sweetney lays into NBA players and Eric is 20 pounds heavier, not fat, more athletic and a little taller. he doesnt have the refined skill moves of either May or Sweet, but he has skills and his best move is seal attack and dunk because he can really get off the floor for a man of his size.

Like a better version of Jahidi White, more skilled. Were talking pick 30 here, not pick 9.
RIP Crushalot😞
Eric Williams enters draft can anyone name a player that we could draft that is better than Eric @

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy