[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about we trade with Charlotte & just rebuild
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
4/14/2005  10:20 AM
<p>Lets rebuild, Marbury & Sweetney, I would even give up Ariza if we had too (late first round pick, instead of Ariza) for the Charlottes 2&13s pick.....

We let both Tim and Penny expire....Houston becomes a free agent, we get another nice draft pick this summer, and then Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all free agents one of them signs with New York and hopefully we compete for a championship the next 10 years

We can get Petro at 13, Green at 8, Chris Paul 2 and

Bobcats........
Marbury
Rush
Wallace
Sweetney
Okafur
Free Agent Money to go after a two, and possibly a SF

Tough deal to pass up if we give them Sweetney, Ariza, and Marbury
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by MS:

<p>Lets rebuild, Marbury & Sweetney, I would even give up Ariza if we had too (late first round pick, instead of Ariza) for the Charlottes 2&13s pick.....

We let both Tim and Penny expire....Houston becomes a free agent, we get another nice draft pick this summer, and then Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all free agents one of them signs with New York and hopefully we compete for a championship the next 10 years

We can get Petro at 13, Green at 8, Chris Paul 2 and

Bobcats........
Marbury
Rush
Wallace
Sweetney
Okafur
Free Agent Money to go after a two, and possibly a SF

Tough deal to pass up if we give them Sweetney, Ariza, and Marbury
Can't imagine Green being available at #8 and I suspect that the #2 player drafted won't be as good a player as Marbury is. I'd rather give it time to add the right pieces around Marbury. Isiah has enough assets over the next two years to do that as long as he makes reasonable decisions.
I do agree with the notion of rebuilding, though. That's why I want Isiah to keep getting young athletic players like he did when turning the 43rd pick into Ariza and turning Othella Harrington et al. into Jamal Crawford. (I'd have to give the Crawford trade a mixed review so far, but the idea was the right one--turn over the hill players into a 24 year old with huge upside.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/14/2005 10:31:01]
MS
Member: #724
4/14/2005  10:34 AM
So its a far fetched deal.....

But its better than saying bring in Zach Randolf, or Kurt Thomas isn't holding up his end up the bargain when he is the leagues 6th leading rebounder (fourth in the entire league at his position, third if you count KG as a center which he should be at 7 feet)

Or saying trade Mo Taylor for Al Harrinton, or package TT for Artest
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  10:46 AM
You want to trade??? do this:

Kurt Thomas
Tim Thomas
Jamal Crawfford
Mike Sweetney

Bring in:

backup PG a true PG
SG that can score and play defense
a SF that can attack the board and is a consistant scorer
and a Center.......

Finally, get a real coach with credential to teach and manage all of the talents that we have on our roster, and most of all, allow that coach to hire and fire his own assistants...

You can achieve all of that by trading the names that I have mentioned above...

The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/14/2005  10:52 AM
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  10:59 AM
TMS is MS your brother????

Posted by TMS:

The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  11:10 AM
Posted by MS:

So its a far fetched deal.....

But its better than saying bring in Zach Randolf, or Kurt Thomas isn't holding up his end up the bargain when he is the leagues 6th leading rebounder (fourth in the entire league at his position, third if you count KG as a center which he should be at 7 feet)

Or saying trade Mo Taylor for Al Harrinton, or package TT for Artest
I'd agree that it's better than saying those specific things
How about we trade with Charlotte & just rebuild

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy