[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What would the Knicks have done as a new franchise?
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
4/14/2005  9:34 AM
I was reading BRIGGS thoughts on what the Bobcats should do next year, and I wonder what Dolan and Isiah would do in that situation?

Would they A. spend 2-3 years biding their time while filling out the squad with role players and stiffs on one year deal, until the perfect fit came along ie Lebron, Carmelo, Rashard etc. (pretty much what Charlotte is doing now). Then build around their two stars by filling the team out with team oriented hardworking guys (GWallace, Brezec etc.) and probably get to at least the ECF.

Or would they B. Use their enormous flexibility to pick up every slightly-better-then-average player that comes available (Glenn Robb, Penny, Jim Jackson etc.) and/or every broken-down ex-star (C-Webb, Houston, Baron(???), Magloire etc.), wind up in five years time with a team that scrapes into the playoffs every year and gets flushed immediately, and no prospect of advancement at all(What Nalod would call sar-phucking, and pretty much what the Knicks have done for Four years now, since Ewing left.)

the question is not which is the right way to go about it, but what you think Dolan etc would do in the Bobcats' situation.

Holla.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  9:37 AM
Or would they B. Use their enormous flexibility to pick up every slightly-better-then-average player that comes available (Glenn Robb, Penny, Jim Jackson etc.) and/or every broken-down ex-star (C-Webb, Houston, Baron(???), Magloire etc.), wind up in five years time with a team that scrapes into the playoffs every year and gets flushed immediately, and no prospect of advancement at all(What Nalod would call sar-phucking, and pretty much what the Knicks have done for Four years now, since Ewing left.)
I can't see them doing that. Even with the Knicks, Isiah has pursued none of those players. (He got Penny, but he pursued Marbury, not Penny.) A more realistic question would be whether the team would build like the Bobcats have or would go after veteran stars like Marbury.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/14/2005 09:38:26]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  9:49 AM
Easy.. use the expansion draft to pickup Webber and Penny Hardaway, then complain about the CBA.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
What would the Knicks have done as a new franchise?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy