[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KT-> 6th leading rebounder in the NBA
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  8:10 AM
Any a fraction of a % point behind Shaq.

I think of all the years past this one is actually his highest in terms of value. He's become a more complete player and he's tough and durable. Nothing he does is based on athleticism so I dont think him being 32 is a big issue.

I can think of at least 5-6 teams that would really jump to get him.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  8:18 AM
Playing on a team with bad rebounders gives him more rebounds. That said, Kurt is still a good rebounder. This summer is definitely a good time to trade him (as was this past trade deadline).
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/14/2005  10:35 AM
haven't seen much jumping around to get KT lately...i wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing a Knick uniform next year...Isiah simply can't get good value for KT anymore...he missed the boat by signing him to that extension last year instead of trading his expiring contract.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/14/2005 10:35:12]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  11:04 AM
At this point, all we need in return for Kurt is a couple of draft pick and a backup PG or SG....Isiah has to stop asking for good players in return....JB may perhaps producing a little less than Kurt, but his presence in the front court may scare other team and that alone can help improve our team defense.....TRade Kurt NOowwwwwwww
\
Posted by TMS:

haven't seen much jumping around to get KT lately...i wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing a Knick uniform next year...Isiah simply can't get good value for KT anymore...he missed the boat by signing him to that extension last year instead of trading his expiring contract.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/14/2005 10:35:12]
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  11:04 AM
I think he can do better than Spoon and the Rocket's #1.. but that also depends on who slips. Dalembert was in the 20s when he was drafted so who knows where a guy like Petro would land.. or Warrick for that matter.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/14/2005  11:05 AM
at this point, i would take a late #1 for kurt. i'm sorry, it's time to let him go at the expense of having ZERO low post defenders or rebounders. i'd much rather give butler/petro/frye/hunter or whatever combination 48 mins than kurt - even if that means we lose 60 games next season. where we are as a team does not fit with the type of player kurt is.
Bonn1997
USA
4/14/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

at this point, i would take a late #1 for kurt. i'm sorry, it's time to let him go at the expense of having ZERO low post defenders or rebounders. i'd much rather give butler/petro/frye/hunter or whatever combination 48 mins than kurt - even if that means we lose 60 games next season. where we are as a team does not fit with the type of player kurt is.
Agreed, unless we add a PF/C who is a great low-post scorer (like Curry if his heart condition is okay) via trade. Then a PF who can shoot like Kurt would be invaluable.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/14/2005  2:23 PM
Kurt for Kwame straight up. Sign and trade of course. Kwame is 23 and needs a change of environment.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  2:29 PM
I don't like Kwame, but I would do that trade.....especially if we won't have to give up much for him.

Posted by Killa4luv:

Kurt for Kwame straight up. Sign and trade of course. Kwame is 23 and needs a change of environment.
The true Knickabocker..........
tapseer
Member: #698
4/14/2005  6:05 PM
Posted by diderotn:

At this point, all we need in return for Kurt is a couple of draft pick and a backup PG or SG....Isiah has to stop asking for good players in return....JB may perhaps producing a little less than Kurt, but his presence in the front court may scare other team and that alone can help improve our team defense.....TRade Kurt NOowwwwwwww

I wouldn't have been too upset to get Drew Gooden and Ira Newble. If Cav management didn't get cold feet due to the pending the sale of the team, we would have gotten two decent, younger players with manageable contracts. First it goes to show that IT knows what he is doing (or in this case attempting to do), and it also gives you a barometer of KT's value. So if we're not going to get good players, then I'm sure we'll be able to at least get a late 1st rd pick for KT

[Edited by - tapseer on 04/14/2005 18:07:39]
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/14/2005  6:28 PM
suppose those late draft picks turns out to be calvin booth type players, or the tyron lue type.
ES
Masterplan
Member: #362
4/14/2005  6:37 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

suppose those late draft picks turns out to be calvin booth type players, or the tyron lue type.

if by calvin booth you mean a 7 footer who can block shots for some fraction of the game, and by tyron lue you mean an energetic defender at the 1, then i won't be too disappointed.
tapseer
Member: #698
4/14/2005  9:11 PM
Hey, if you don't like the Calvin Booth type players, well take a young Euro player let him stay overseas afew years to work on his game and then bring him over here. The Nets did that with Nenad Cristic who isn't a bad player at all. We tried to do that with Milos Vujanic, but we all know how that ended up for us. Anyway, I'm all for drafting a 7' plus Euro player, let him develope physically (while they may have the height, usually they don't have the weight or the strength to play in the NBA immediately) then bring him over here where he could make a solid contribution. It has been done with other teams around the league i.e. the Spurs with Ginobli who is very important to that teams success. What I'm saying ultimately is if you're worried about drafting bums in the latter part of the 1st or in the 2nd rd, then take a chance on a Euro. Just trust our scouts did their homework on those guys.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
4/14/2005  9:43 PM
Posted by tapseer:
Posted by diderotn:

I wouldn't have been too upset to get Drew Gooden and Ira Newble. If Cav management didn't get cold feet due to the pending the sale of the team, we would have gotten two decent, younger players with manageable contracts. First it goes to show that IT knows what he is doing (or in this case attempting to do), and it also gives you a barometer of KT's value. So if we're not going to get good players, then I'm sure we'll be able to at least get a late 1st rd pick for KT

[Edited by - tapseer on 04/14/2005 18:07:39]

Upset?!? I don't think most of the people on these forums realize how much potential Drew gooden contains. Most of the times I've seen him play (national TV coverage, playing versus knicks/nets, etc), he has has shown me that he is a beast in the making. He has a good jumper, he can rebound, he can score in bunches, and overall he is already at KT's level given the right attitude every game, if not more. I'd do that KT for newble and gooden trade even if newble had 5 years on his contract left or something
http://allknicks.com
NewYorkSoul
Member: #855
Canada
4/15/2005  3:00 AM
Posted by teslawlo:

Upset?!? I don't think most of the people on these forums realize how much potential Drew gooden contains. Most of the times I've seen him play (national TV coverage, playing versus knicks/nets, etc), he has has shown me that he is a beast in the making. He has a good jumper, he can rebound, he can score in bunches, and overall he is already at KT's level given the right attitude every game, if not more. I'd do that KT for newble and gooden trade even if newble had 5 years on his contract left or something

I totally agree on Gooden being a beast... however, it makes one wonder why he's been traded so 3 times in 3 years and all for scrubs too
David f'n Lee for President!!
Bonn1997
USA
4/15/2005  7:40 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:
Posted by teslawlo:

I totally agree on Gooden being a beast... however, it makes one wonder why he's been traded so 3 times in 3 years and all for scrubs too
His defense is mediocre at best. He's still a good player and I'd love to have him, though. But I don't think he'll ever be an all-star.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/15/2005  10:28 AM
Gooden's been reported to enjoy the party scene a little too much & not that dedicated to working hard from some stories i've read...maybe that has something to do with it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2005  10:34 AM
Posted by TMS:

Gooden's been reported to enjoy the party scene a little too much & not that dedicated to working hard from some stories i've read...maybe that has something to do with it.

Yeah i've heard that too plus he's supposed to have a large and onbnoxious crew that goes everywhere with him.

Watching him play I can see why he's gotten traded around too. He has fantastic moves around the rim and can be an extremely tenacious rebounder. At the same time he plays like a frustrated kid. If he gets bodied around or misses a few shots or doesn't get a call, he starts moping and disappears. Can anyone say Tiny Drew?
KT-> 6th leading rebounder in the NBA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy