G Ben Gordon

NBA champs--Pheonix--no one will beat them 4/7
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
4/14/2005  1:00 AM
PF & SG is a hard one though. You could put Duncan or Nowtizki in there. And SG you could put Wade, Mcgrady, Allen in there.

Everything else I agree. Though ROY is hard also because B.G has won so many games for Bulls with his 4th quarter play. But Okafor has put up some real good #s and Bobcats exceeded expectations.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/14/2005  1:06 AM
Kobe shouldn't make it based on how his team has done this year.
T-Mac or Iverson both have better records and great stats.
Iverson avg's way more points and assists than both of them and he is up there with Steph and J.Kidd!!
He is clearly the reason they are winning. He should get it.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2005  2:18 AM
I still think Duncan is the most valuable player in the league, every year. Miami wins without Shaq because Wade is a great player and he picks it up and scores 40.

Duncan goes out and the Spurs become on of the worst teams in the league not even better than the Lakers for example.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/14/2005  3:34 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Duncan goes out and the Spurs become on of the worst teams in the league not even better than the Lakers for example.

The spurs won 8 of 12 without Duncan. That team is well constructed. Duncan is amazing, but he has plenty of help.

The MVP award should reflect team performance to some extent but you always have to remember that no one wins in the NBA without help. And ultimately, the MVP award is about the best player in the league, not the best player on the best team. In other words, who helps their team the most, not whose team has the most help.

So, while I think Shaq, Duncan and Nash are good candidates, guys like Garnett, Iverson, Kobe, Lebron, Kidd, McGrady and Nowitzki should also be in the running. Out of those names, you whittle it down to Shaq, Nash, Duncan and Garnett. Nowitzki's defense is still lacking, Lebron is not yet an iso player down the stretch, McGrady, Kobe and Iverson have shot only an average percentage. Kidd was out for a while and Carter has been just as important for the Nets' run.

Believe it or not, I think Garnett is the MVP, without him, that team wins 15 games this season. His team was part injured, part haggling. And they'll still win 44 games.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 04/14/2005 06:42:29]
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  7:33 AM
Pho wont make it out of round 2...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/14/2005  8:41 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Pho wont make it out of round 2...

Beautiful thought. The only thing that would make me any happier is if they don't make it out of round 1.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  8:52 AM
it depends on the matchups, but I could see Memphis beating them in round 1. Houston is another bad matchup for them but I think they will dodge that bullet. No way they beat the Spurs if Duncan is healthy and if they make it to round 2 Sac or Dall could both beat them.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/14/2005  8:58 AM
OK, the usual suspects, but here are my 1st and 2nd teams

1st:
Amare
Lebron
Shaq
Wade
Nash

2nd:
Garnett
McGrady
Duncan
Iverson
Ray

re: 1st team - I know Amare's a center this year. I don't care. He's really a PF. Just think about this team for a secomd. Shaq doing his thing at center with Amare working his in the paint scoring and full-court sprinting game. Lebron kicking everybody's butt by doing all his Lebron things (I really hope he ends up with 25/7/7 stats to join Oscar, Larry, Hondo and Michael as the only players to ever do it). THen you have Nash being the quintessential pass-first aggressive PG, and Wade kicking all sorts of butt at the 2. What a beautiful beautiful team that would be. And we all know that in a just and right world, that would be the starting lineup of the NY Knicks. Would cost us less than what we're currently spending too, by the way.

OK. 2nd team:

The great and powerful Tim Duncan at center where he belongs. The amazing KG at PF and the equally amazing Tracey McGrady at sf. What a versatile and incredible front line. Backcourt - AI would defer his individual scoring on this team and average 15 assists. Plus be available to score 40 or 50 whenever they need it. And Ray is IMO so far better than several on this board believe. He is such a great all-around player, in my opinion better than that F-head Kobe. Talk about putting Ray on the Pistons and seeing where they'd be, put him on the Lakers and where they'd be is in the playoffs.

That's it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  9:24 AM
Posted by fishmike:

it depends on the matchups, but I could see Memphis beating them in round 1. Houston is another bad matchup for them but I think they will dodge that bullet. No way they beat the Spurs if Duncan is healthy and if they make it to round 2 Sac or Dall could both beat them.
Marion at 6'7" or 6'8" will struggle guarding Pau Gasol at about 7'. I still think Phoenix would win, though.

If the Suns make it to the 2nd round:
I'd give the Rockets and Mavs each about a 40% chance of beating Phoenix.
I'd give the Kings about a 15% chance.
I'd give the Sonics about a 15% chance too.

If the Suns make it to the 3rd round:
If Duncan's healthy, I'd give the Spurs about a 90% chance of beating the Suns.

If the Suns make it to the 4th round:
I'd give the Heat about a 90% chance of beating the Suns.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
4/14/2005  10:04 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

MVP-Shaq--no one else is close
ROY-Emeka Okafor pulls it out as BG goes south the last 2 weeks
CPOY-Grant Hill--no doubt
COY-Mike Dantonio
6th man Ricky Davis
Defensive Player of year Marcus Camby Denver
1st team all NBA
Shaq
Garnett
L James
Kobe
Nash
1st team all rookie
C- Emeka
PF Howard
F J Childress
F Andre Iguloda
G Ben Gordon

NBA champs--Pheonix--no one will beat them 4/7

Marcus Camby has rejuvenated his career in Denver. How can anyone not love that. great choice Briggs even tho i have to go with Tim Duncan

Larry hughes - Most improved
sixth man - Ben gordon
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/14/2005  10:50 AM
Dirk is a major candidate at MVP.

I think the Spurs, Pistons or Heat win the title.

Can't disagree with the rest...
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/14/2005  2:05 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Dirk is a major candidate at MVP.

I think the Spurs, Pistons or Heat win the title.

Can't disagree with the rest...

I hope the Pistons win it again thids season.
Knicks_Fan
final NBA awards

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy