[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

these players need to get traded
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/13/2005  1:51 PM
if we're committed to a backcourt of marbury and crawford with ariza on the wing, then the following need to go:

kurt
sweets
malik/jyd (one of them)
mo
penny
tim

they don't fit with those 3's style of play. tim is a waste of human plasma. what could we possibly get for such an "attractive" list of assets?
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/13/2005  2:15 PM
Timmy may endup in Philly, Kurt and Sweet will be exchanged to a team for veteran help at PF (Atlanta) for conditional draft pick; Penny will be kept around until the trading deadline..

Posted by djsunyc:

if we're committed to a backcourt of marbury and crawford with ariza on the wing, then the following need to go:

kurt
sweets
malik/jyd (one of them)
mo
penny
tim

they don't fit with those 3's style of play. tim is a waste of human plasma. what could we possibly get for such an "attractive" list of assets?
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/13/2005  2:57 PM
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/13/2005  2:58 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Timmy may endup in Philly, Kurt and Sweet will be exchanged to a team for veteran help at PF (Atlanta) for conditional draft pick; Penny will be kept around until the trading deadline..

Kurt AND Sweets to Atlanta, huh? That's funny, I thought they were going to use their $20 million in cap room to sign Stro Swift and Samuel Dalembert or maybe Tyson Chandler. Can you pass that hot doobie you're smoking over here?

I think Kurt needs to stay anyway. He and Steph are FANTASTIC on the pick and roll. I hope Isiah finally realizes that Steph is the best HALF COURT PG in the league. He'll never run the fast break like Kidd and Nash do. He's not that type of player. Steph needs HALF COURT players and a defensive, shot blocking center to clean up his defensive deficiencies. This can be addressed in the draft and by adding Stephen Hunter for most of the MLE.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/13/2005  3:00 PM
I rather keep malik over JYD.. I also want to keep sweets.
get rid of TT,and KT, but no way do we get rid of penny!!! NO WAY!!!

Penny is too valuable, I mean if we trade him, we no longer get to hear him complain, and no longer get to hear people complain about his contract... Penny stays!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/13/2005  3:05 PM
Posted by TMS:

LOL! I get a kick out of it when people think they know exactly what will happen to each player and exactly when it will happen

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/13/2005 15:06:06]
KnickerBlogger
Member: #789
USA
4/13/2005  3:31 PM
Staying with Crawford & Marbury is a problem because neither can defend. If you're committed to both of them, then the rest of the team has to all be good defenders, especially at the 4 & 5. However both of them aren't good enough to keep up the load on offense, so you need defenders that can score as well.

The best case scenario instead of removing half the team because of them is to trade one of them. Maybe get a Fred Hoiberg type - someone that can defend and hit the open jumper, and build around Marbury & Sweetney. Getting a good defender next to Marbury will help because they can switch matchups depending on the team.

Marbury can penetrate inside to generate enough offense with a defensive minded center, and a pure jump shooter will benefit from Sweetney double teams. Of course we'd still need a good defensive center and move Mike back to PF, but there's no sense in trading 3 or 4 power forwards as well.
http://www.knickerblogger.net
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/13/2005  3:34 PM
I think Marbury needs to be traded because he will be over 30 by the time this team can contend for a championship, and getting rid of his contract could help this team get under the cap...eventually.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/13/2005  4:13 PM
Posted by KnickerBlogger:

Staying with Crawford & Marbury is a problem because neither can defend. If you're committed to both of them, then the rest of the team has to all be good defenders, especially at the 4 & 5. However both of them aren't good enough to keep up the load on offense, so you need defenders that can score as well.

The best case scenario instead of removing half the team because of them is to trade one of them. Maybe get a Fred Hoiberg type - someone that can defend and hit the open jumper, and build around Marbury & Sweetney. Getting a good defender next to Marbury will help because they can switch matchups depending on the team.

Marbury can penetrate inside to generate enough offense with a defensive minded center, and a pure jump shooter will benefit from Sweetney double teams. Of course we'd still need a good defensive center and move Mike back to PF, but there's no sense in trading 3 or 4 power forwards as well.

Marbury is actually a decent defender. Most PGs in the league are able to get by most other PGs. His pluses outweigh his minuses. What this team needs is a big center who can block shots, but most importantly defend the paint from penetrating guards. When they get that, guys like Trevor and Jamal and Marbury will be able to be much more effective on the perimeter. If the defense is causing teams to make passes to look for shots and lanes, that's when the perimeter guys will be able to get steals. If you remember, early in the season, in December, this team was getting a lot of steals while Nazr was playing well. When he got injured in January, coinciding with Jamal and Allan's injuries, the steals went WAY down.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/13/2005  4:14 PM
Posted by Rich:

I think Marbury needs to be traded because he will be over 30 by the time this team can contend for a championship, and getting rid of his contract could help this team get under the cap...eventually.

I don't see it happening because the only players that I would be willing to trade him for would not be offered by their clubs for him!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/13/2005  5:27 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Marbury is actually a decent defender. Most PGs in the league are able to get by most other PGs. His pluses outweigh his minuses. What this team needs is a big center who can block shots, but most importantly defend the paint from penetrating guards. When they get that, guys like Trevor and Jamal and Marbury will be able to be much more effective on the perimeter. If the defense is causing teams to make passes to look for shots and lanes, that's when the perimeter guys will be able to get steals. If you remember, early in the season, in December, this team was getting a lot of steals while Nazr was playing well. When he got injured in January, coinciding with Jamal and Allan's injuries, the steals went WAY down.
good point.
Bonn1997
USA
4/13/2005  5:30 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by crzymdups:

Marbury is actually a decent defender. Most PGs in the league are able to get by most other PGs. His pluses outweigh his minuses. What this team needs is a big center who can block shots, but most importantly defend the paint from penetrating guards. When they get that, guys like Trevor and Jamal and Marbury will be able to be much more effective on the perimeter.
good point.
Yeah, I agree. Marbury is at least a decent defender. I disagree with this idea that we have to trade him because he's only two years away from 30. If he takes good care of his body, he has at least five more all-star level years left in him. Maybe trade Marbury in 2009 if the team is still struggling. I can't think of any other 28 year old all-star level player (on a good or bad team) showing no signs of aging who people are saying needs to be traded because of his age.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/13/2005 22:42:08]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/13/2005  9:45 PM
personally, i think marbury only has 3 more years at this level and then the bottom will drop out. i think he plays way too many minutes and with his style of play, his game will start to suffer in a few years. i mean, the same was said about iverson, but i think iverson's a little different b/c of body type. he's not carrying around all that extra muscle/weight so his ankles/knees won't feel it but i think marbury will.

so we either have to build around marbury QUICK, or look at marbury as the guy that'll sell tickets while we try to build our core via the draft and MLE.
taps
Member: #768
USA
4/13/2005  10:42 PM
I would rather see Kurt, and Penny go just cause I'm just so tired of these guys. But who will more likey get traded will be Tim, Penny, and any combination of Rose, JYD, and Mo.

If they get traded I would like to get either Curry or Chandler or maybe Kwame or Hughes. I really don't know I'm just throwing out names.

I'm officaly on Draft Taft bandwagon.
"White people are crazy and they sho nuff not from Earth"
Bonn1997
USA
4/13/2005  10:49 PM
I don't think Isiah would have given up Baker's and Norris's soon to be expiring contracts for Mo Taylor if he wasn't intending to keep Mo.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/14/2005  1:06 AM
Which sucks even more b/c Taylor sucks.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
these players need to get traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy