[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Inconsistancy out of 2,3,4, & 5
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/13/2005  12:23 PM
When the Knicks do well is normally when we can get a big game out of Crawfford or when TT shows up and play. I never thought that it would have turned like this for our Knicks. We came into the season with too many SGs and too many PFs, but we still couldn't find one player out of either of those two positions that could contribute consistantly. In my OPINION, Isiah has to definitely rethink his game plan going into next season. We have to definitely upgrade the SG, SF, PF, and finally the Center position. At SG, we may be able to put together a trade of the PFs that we currently have to upgrade that spot. There will be a lot of availabilities, therfore, that should not be a big deal to take care off. Serviceable guys like Jimmy Jackson, and many others will be available. We might even be able to get us a superstar like J. Richardson to come and take care of that position. We have to adjust fire, because what we have is definitely not working.

Note, Demarr Johson whom a lot of us thought was a real good player is doing really well in Denver. Lenny really failed that kid in N.Y.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/13/2005  12:46 PM
Jim Jackson's signed through next season...you'll have to trade for him, & we don't have any matching contracts unless you want to trade Sweetney or Ariza...i'd love to get Jim Jackson here, but not if i have to give up any of our young guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2005  12:47 PM
really? was it Lenny's job to resign him? Newsflash: We had Penny, Houston, Crawford.

Please stop blaming first Lenny and now Herb for everything. I *think* you know more than that.

When the GM, the guy in charge of assembling a roster puts some guys that fit together then you can complain about the coach.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/13/2005  1:00 PM
Oh no. here we go with that superstar label again. Don't get me wrong diderotn, but Richardshon is a very fine player but far from a superstar, but may I ask this? the past two seasons, Richardson's GS warriors have battled for last place, with richardson as a starter, what makes you think that he is going to make the knicks that much better.. I am just curious..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
4/13/2005  1:01 PM
It is not the GM's fault when players are not giving it their all. Crawf, Houston, Kurt, TT, etc have not panned out. Lenny had Demarr around last season, but he chose to play Anderson instead. Demarr would have had a legitimate chance to play this season, because as you can see, the SG and SF weren't producing at all. Karl (a real coach) inherited the same team that they had in Denver, but found a way to instill some cojoles in them and look at their records now. Hey! while we are at it, the Indy coach has had the same amount of problems as we have had all season long, but still found ways to make his players play above their capacities....I don't want to hear the B.S. about Isiah this and Isiah that. If you are a freaking real coach, it doesn't matter who you have on your roster, you will find ways to motivate players to do good.
MS
Member: #724
4/13/2005  1:11 PM
Yes it is the gms ****ing fault because he brings in these losers that don't give it their all
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/13/2005  1:13 PM
Look, let's face facts. No one on this team other Marbury would start ANYWHERE ELSE in the league. Not Kurt. Not Tim. Not Sweets. Not Jamal.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
4/13/2005  1:14 PM
Dermaar couldnt guard his own shadow last year. Take a look.. ALL these players that Isiah has collected are doing exactly what they were doing with their previous teams.

Statistically many of these guys are having career years. Marbury, Crawford, Kurt, Nazr... the only guy who was underperforming was Tim and he was shooting 38% through 50 games. Was Lenny supposed to take the shots for him as well?

The coach isnt the problem its the players and this mix of players that we have. Now who assembled this mix of players?

Oh yea.. your hero.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/13/2005  1:17 PM
what went on last season is the same as what's going on with ariza & butler this season. they are afraid of playing the young guys. Instead they play the medoicre overpaid vets and have 4 consecutive 30win seasons
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/13/2005  1:26 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

what went on last season is the same as what's going on with ariza & butler this season. they are afraid of playing the young guys. Instead they play the medoicre overpaid vets and have 4 consecutive 30win seasons
They're giving a 19 year old Ariza far more minutes than most 19 year olds get. I don't get what you're saying. None of us have any idea why Butler's not getting PT.
diderotn
USA
4/13/2005  1:29 PM
Hey look here! Minnesota is in the same situation, no one ever dare to blame the GM whom is now the headcoach for that. This dude has been in charge of that team for a very long time now, and guess what? besides Garnett, they don't really have any player worthy to trade for. I can almost guaranty you that if we endup with a coach like Brown or Jackson, considering that we retain that same roster, our record will be different. The coach is supposed to coach, strategize, and penelize players when need be, Lenny was not that type of coach, and most of all, Herb is not that type of coach either. Karl took over a team at the end of the season and still powered them to reach the playoffs. Fratello, did the same in Memphis. I don't want to hear that b.s, Isiah is not to blame. Players are paid to play, and if they are not playing their hearts out, fine, trade, or do whatever you have to do to get their attentions. All throughout the season, I and others with a good understanding of the game have called for a lineup change, but Lenny the genius never really experimented with the lineup. Herb has tried, but unfortunately, he didn't try hard enough. He made a lot of errors himself. He should have had Crawff out of the starting lineup and demand to have a SG to play the SG position before the trading deadline, but he didn't. There were some SGs who were available that could provide us with the consistancy that we needed. Craw lost us many games with his erratic shot selections. We played much like a team with Crawff in the injured list during the season. Off course the combo of Kurt and Nazr stoped us from winning during that period, but that is where the lineup should have been tampered with, but none of our coaches could find the gutts to do so. Nazr or Kurt should have been replaced a lot sooner.

If I were the coach, my lineup would have been:

Marb, Penny, TT or JYD, Sweet, and Kurt
Crawf, Ariza, JYD, Kurt, and Sundov

the lineup of: Marb, Crawf, TT, Kurt, and Nazr just didn't work. We were too soft upfront and too weak in the back court. It was just a joke. who do you blame for that??? definitely not Isiah...

Posted by fishmike:

Dermaar couldnt guard his own shadow last year. Take a look.. ALL these players that Isiah has collected are doing exactly what they were doing with their previous teams.

Statistically many of these guys are having career years. Marbury, Crawford, Kurt, Nazr... the only guy who was underperforming was Tim and he was shooting 38% through 50 games. Was Lenny supposed to take the shots for him as well?

The coach isnt the problem its the players and this mix of players that we have. Now who assembled this mix of players?

Oh yea.. your hero.
fishmike
USA
4/13/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

and whether Dido admits it or not this is 100% on the GM. If Isiah was serious about integrating young talent and building anything around here he extend Herb or hire a good teaching coach to at least a 3 year deal and tell that coach to work to integrate the young players. Instead we have a guy fighting for every win to preserve a career in the NBA.

The direction comes from the top...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/13/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Oh yea.. your hero.
Nazy's not on the team. Those other guys aren't having better years statistically than they've had in the past. It's simply going to take a lot more than one season to turn around the team Isiah inherited.
diderotn
USA
4/13/2005  1:40 PM
I just hope that Isiah makes the right decision by either hiring himself as the headcoach or by geting a guy like Silas, or Brown, or Phil come in and straighten this ball club. Forget about Herb, he was here when Lenny was the coach, and failed to voice his displeasure with the way Lenny ran the show last season. We need to clean house as far as our coaches are concerned also, because beside Agwire, none of the others are worthy to keep around. Our shooting coach is lousy and whoever is the stat keeping coach is garbage also. Because, they should have been men enough to tell the coach that Crawf is taking too many illadvise 3 to shut him down, or Nazr and Kurt is just not the right fit....We need players with balls, and coaches with balls.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/13/2005  1:46 PM
isiah is the one that assembled this squad - every single player other than h20 and sweets (he gave kurt the extension). he's the one that took back over $200 mil in salaries. and he's the one who hired and fired two coaches.

this team is in transition but it looks like isiah is playing some sort of weird "throw this to the wall and see if it sticks" type GM'ing.

the end result is a 30 win team with a $100+ payroll. this is the same "core" that's on the books for next season as well.

the season has been DISASTROUS and the worst single season i've witnissed as a knicks' fan.

you can look and point to the future everyone is hoping for, but the moves made up till this point, don't really give a ringing endorsement for it.
diderotn
USA
4/13/2005  1:50 PM
Again the solution to the problem is as simple as this, Isiah needs to hire himself as our next headcoach or bring in guys with a style of coaching that he admires. not the biggest names or guys that he may not get along with. he needs to solidify the coaching staff first and then tackle the other problems. First and foremost, the coaching staff right after the end of the season, even before the draft, because whoever is the coach must have a real input on who we should draft....Personally, here are my list: Isiah, Silas, Brown, Phil, Bill Laimbeer, and Herb....
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/13/2005  2:50 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Again the solution to the problem is as simple as this, Isiah needs to hire himself as our next headcoach or bring in guys with a style of coaching that he admires. not the biggest names or guys that he may not get along with. he needs to solidify the coaching staff first and then tackle the other problems. First and foremost, the coaching staff right after the end of the season, even before the draft, because whoever is the coach must have a real input on who we should draft....Personally, here are my list: Isiah, Silas, Brown, Phil, Bill Laimbeer, and Herb....

why don't Isiah just hire a coach,other than him self, a coach who has the same philosophy that he does, and then obtain players that fits that style of play(in other words, doing his job as a GM), a style of play that is approved of by both coach and GM.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/13/2005  3:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

really? was it Lenny's job to resign him? Newsflash: We had Penny, Houston, Crawford.

Please stop blaming first Lenny and now Herb for everything. I *think* you know more than that.

When the GM, the guy in charge of assembling a roster puts some guys that fit together then you can complain about the coach.
LOL, bring back Stu Jackson. It wasn't his fault, it was Checketts and Grunfeld. Riley just got lucky in the 91-92 season.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/13/2005  3:46 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by diderotn:

why don't Isiah just hire a coach,other than him self, a coach who has the same philosophy that he does, and then obtain players that fits that style of play(in other words, doing his job as a GM), a style of play that is approved of by both coach and GM.
You guys have to be kidding with this stuff about fitting around the perfect coach. A good coach will compete with what he has, a great coach will win with what he has. Hey I don't think Phil Jackson is the best coach of all time but I will tell you this. If he coachs this same team, playoffs are not an issue. He has been more than successful with less talent. Hell, I think JVG is overrated and I believe the Knicks would make it to the second round with him. Hell George Karl and Mike Fratello would have done more here than Herb and Lenny (who lost it sometime between Atlanta and Toronto).
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
diderotn
USA
4/13/2005  4:12 PM
Pharzeone!!!!!

Dude! you are echoing the same exact things that I have said on this thread....
Inconsistancy out of 2,3,4, & 5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy