[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Back-up shooting guard?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/13/2005  9:31 AM
The Knicks could use one depending on trades and the draft.

What about Raja Bell? Or maybe some youngin like Matt Caroll.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2005  9:51 AM
I like Bell and he was an excellent role player with Phili and Dallas teams.. both good teams.

I would like to take a shot on Charlie Bell. He's a big PG and an explosive scorer. Tough defender also. He's only 26 and would come pretty cheap... like 3 years and $4-$5mm
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2005  10:08 AM
H20, he ain't cheap, but we paying him anyway!

THe only thing we should try for in the MLE game is size.

If alan can give us some minutes, then we draft a SG and develope for post alan days.

IF if if if.........
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/13/2005  10:12 AM
I really like this Matt Carroll guy. He is a pure shooter but I would prefer Raja Bell over him. I agree with Nalod though, we should draft a SG with a late pick if possible and see what he can do. I trust Zeke's draft choices.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/13/2005  10:38 AM
whatif Gerald Green is there for us? should we pass up on him when the only clear cut nba ready bigman is Bogut and gamble on a stiff center since Boguts don't grow on trees or should we draft another clear cut dime a dozen SF/PF like Warrick??

the only guy I would trust Zeke in passing on Green would be if he really liked Chris Taft who is a 6'10 260 PF/C
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
4/13/2005  11:15 AM
Unless Ariza is moved in a trade for an All-Star, he should be the backup SG. Herb won't be the coach next yar, so Ariza will actually be allowed to play.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/13/2005  11:37 AM
Raja would be an excellent option w/a portion of the MLE...if u can get him for the LLE it would be a steal...i'd imagine UTA will want to resign him though, unless they draft a SG.

Jon Barry's not a spring chicken, but i wouldn't mind signing him to add some defense, clutch shooting & leadership off the bench either.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/13/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

whatif Gerald Green is there for us? should we pass up on him when the only clear cut nba ready bigman is Bogut and gamble on a stiff center since Boguts don't grow on trees or should we draft another clear cut dime a dozen SF/PF like Warrick??

the only guy I would trust Zeke in passing on Green would be if he really liked Chris Taft who is a 6'10 260 PF/C
Isiah has never drafted just based on need. He draft based on talent and what he think that player will be able to do at the next level. If Green is available and the Knicks' scouts and coaches like what they see from in their workouts. Then he will be drafted or the Knicks will make a move. As far as I am concern, Isiah much like Layden have an eye for talent. The biggest difference is that Isiah is more willing to do something to ensure he gets the guy he really wants. Layden wanted Marbury, Bosh, Ming, and Nestrovich.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MaulingandAppalling
Member: #884
4/13/2005  11:11 PM
This might be crazy, but does anyone know what happened to Khalid-El-Amin? He played at UConn and then with the Bulls when Artest was there. He was nice but got lost in the system.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/13/2005  11:48 PM
If you cant get Green, the best player who will be available is Cutino Mobley. He would work in a variety of ways and would cost the MLE. Trevor Ariza isnt a SG, he can't shoot and has a terrible hitch in his form. I like Trevor for what he is, a SF who can guard the two-3, who can get easy baskets, create energy, but he is a pure offensive 3. I like Trevor, but I would also be willing to move him in a package deal to move up in this draft.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/13/2005  11:51 PM
Posted by MaulingandAppalling:

This might be crazy, but does anyone know what happened to Khalid-El-Amin? He played at UConn and then with the Bulls when Artest was there. He was nice but got lost in the system.

He's a player who has the talent for the last 4 years to play back up PG in the nBA, but from everything I read, he didnt play hard in pratice, tardiness to team functions etc.. that got him thrown all the way to Turkey.
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  7:31 AM
No disrespect Briggs, but you are nuts for suggesting packaging Ariza for a draft pick. At this point, I would much rather trade Sweetney..

Posted by BRIGGS:

If you cant get Green, the best player who will be available is Cutino Mobley. He would work in a variety of ways and would cost the MLE. Trevor Ariza isnt a SG, he can't shoot and has a terrible hitch in his form. I like Trevor for what he is, a SF who can guard the two-3, who can get easy baskets, create energy, but he is a pure offensive 3. I like Trevor, but I would also be willing to move him in a package deal to move up in this draft.
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  10:29 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Cuttino's got a player option for $6,374,875 next season that he's most certainly likely to exercise, unless he can get an extension signed...you're going to have to offer him the full MLE for max years...i don't know if i'd do that for a backup SG (even though Cuttino could probably start on this squad too).
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Cuttino's got a player option for $6,374,875 next season that he's most certainly likely to exercise, unless he can get an extension signed...you're going to have to offer him the full MLE for max years...i don't know if i'd do that for a backup SG (even though Cuttino could probably start on this squad too).
Cuttino is A LOT better than most of the players who got the full MLE last year. I think he'd be a steal.
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  10:42 AM
funny, i seem to remember people up in arms when i suggested trading KT for Cuttino last season...now he's ALOT better than any player who signed a MLE contract last year.

again, i said he could probably start for this team next year, but i wouldn't spend the entire MLE on any backup player...if Crawford is indeed our SG of the future, i don't see the point in signing a guy like Cuttino at that price...you can get a perfectly solid backup like a Raja Bell or Jon Barry w/o having to invest 6 years at full MLE dollars for their services.

[Edited by - TMS on 04/14/2005 10:50:14]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2005  10:43 AM
Sacramento is supposed to be signing Cuttino to a nice extension. He likes it there.

As for backup SG, I think this is something that can be addressed with the 30th pick. A Graham, Garcia or Hodge should be available.

Two other options in FA/trades:

1) Give Kerry Kittles a chunk of the MLE. Give Trevor the rest.

2) Trade Penny to Toronto for Jalen. I would do this trade straight up at this point. I know its more money and people will bitch and moan, but Jalen has matured. He's a great scorer, ball handler, can play the 2/3, scores well in the post, has turned into a more mature player. He'd get along with Steph. He's from Detroit, so you know Zeke would like him.

I'd still like to move up to the middle of the first round to get Warrick (maybe as part of the Jalen trade, we get Toronto's second first rounder?). I think he's one of the few players in this draft with legit star potential.

If we could come away from this draft with Splitter at 7, Warrick at 16 and Jalen Rose, that adds a lot of talent, some shotblocking in BOTH Warrick and Splitter and some mental toughness.

I would also buyout Tim Thomas, or IR him and force Houston into retirement.

EDIT:

The Penny to Toronto deal could look like this, allowing us to snag Warrick:

Penny + 30 pick
Jalen + 16 pick

[Edited by - crzymdups on 04/14/2005 10:47:34]
¿ △ ?
TMS
USA
4/14/2005  10:49 AM
Kittles would be a nice option...i totally forgot about him...if you could get him for a MLE deal that doesn't cover the full 6 years, then i say go that route...he would add the defensive intensity this team needs coming off the bench...he's also a guy who could easily start on this team if need be...i just don't think we need a shooter like Cuttino when we already have Jamal...Kittles would add a dimension this team needs.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2005  1:52 PM
kittles would not be a bad choice if we don't draft a impact SG. very good choice. I would even start him over jamal. You need some kind of perimeter D on the starting lineup if your starting 5 isn't gpoing to be outplayed every game like they were this year!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
4/15/2005  11:18 AM
I think Raja bell is the absolute best option for this team hands down. He is a solid perimeter defender, can shoot, is strong and versatile, if we can't land a top guard in the draft (I still think McCants would be nice, and that kid Mikeal Gwhatever that draft city has us taking is a VERY interesting prospect), Raja Bell would really help this team and come relatively cheap.
~You can't run from who you are.~
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/15/2005  11:22 AM
yes...kittles...more knee surgery players...that's EXACTLY what we need.
Back-up shooting guard?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy