[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL PING PONG BALL Official Thread: Knicks vs Raps (4/12)
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/12/2005  9:52 PM
Seeing Jalen tonight, he would be a TREMENDOUS upgrade over either Tim Thomas or Penny Hardaway. I would trade Penny for Jalen straight up. Jalen is the kind of savy, high IQ player this team needs.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
4/12/2005  10:00 PM
Nicely done. Our boys can give themselves a pat on the back.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2005  10:03 PM
Posted by mattinNH:

Like many knicks fans, I want to have the best lottery pick possible, but I wholly disagree with throwing games. I have no problem with the Knicks giving their best every game. To be an pro athlete is to be competitive and showing the heart to go all out every night. So, even though I would be fine with the Knicks losing the rest of this season's games, I can also live with them winning.

What I do disagree with, is the way the team is managing the rotations. I mean, we're mathematically out, and realistically out a long time before that. Why are we playing starters major minutes? It just makes them more prone to injury, and limits the development of the youngsters. Play the youngsters! And if they play hard and win, so be it, but do something constructive with the time you have left! Don't play marbury 40+ mins for goodness sakes..

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I agree with you. Play to win, butplay everyone. does it make sense that now Ariza gets nothing? Toronto was playing its two rookies FC players and while they werent to good, they were OUT there.

anyway, this was a solid occurence because I counted this as a W last week when i kind of pondered what would happen

this is a great give back game and really breaks their back more than the lucky win in Indiana.

Ill say this for those annoucners, no one is saying to throw games, what we are saying is play everyone, play hard and if we win or lose FINe--but as anyone can see WE need HELP

we either need luck to get Bogut or get a combination of Gerald Green and Hakim--thats what I want, I want our team to be in posituion to really improve in the long run. this team has proven what it can do, it plays well for 2 1.2 Q and decipates
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
4/12/2005  10:16 PM
ARIZA = DNP - CD
wow
herb man...
http://allknicks.com
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/12/2005  10:18 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

ARIZA = DNP - CD
wow
herb man...

What does that mean?
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
4/12/2005  10:20 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by teslawlo:

ARIZA = DNP - CD
wow
herb man...

What does that mean?
it means Did Not Play - Coach's Decision...ITS A DISGRACE that he didnt play at all
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/12/2005  10:22 PM
I actually enjoyed Marbury versus the Raptors. What's going on with Ariza? Is he hurt? I am pondering along with Clyde why the youngster can't get any minutes against the Raptors? Is he in the doghouse or something? Nice to see Marbury got his minutes scaled back. I fully anticipate Marbury to be on the injured list next season. 43 minutes OMG.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/12/2005  10:29 PM
Ugh...Herb, Herb what are we going to do with you?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
4/12/2005  10:32 PM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by teslawlo:

ARIZA = DNP - CD
wow
herb man...

What does that mean?
it means Did Not Play - Coach's Decision...ITS A DISGRACE that he didnt play at all

What a jerk. Fire Herb tonight!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2005  10:54 PM
Play Reezy, you win!

Reezy don't play the lotto game!

WHo the hell knows. Who cares anymore!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/12/2005  11:13 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Ugh...Herb, Herb what are we going to do with you?

What about firing him? What about firing him and Isiah? What about firing him, Isiah, and forcing Dolan to sell the Knicks? Anything at this point would be nice, Im tired of the stupid actions of this "franchise"! You tell me you don't play your youngsters when the season is already lost and when you were having a rout? You tell me you trade for Mo Taylor? You tell me a guy that knows nothing about basketball owns the Knicks? Im tired....
Knicks_Fan
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/12/2005  11:33 PM
There's nothing to be upset about in this game. We won a few ping pong balls. The draft is all that matter for the next ten weeks.

As for Ariza not playing, I wonder if Herb is making a statement to Isiah? Something like, "I'm gonna play these veterans, because they play hard for me and I'm sure as hell not going to play these young Bucks when I don't know whether I'm here next season." I can't blame Herb for that, really. Isiah is in a tough situation. He HAS to at least ASK Phil Jax and Flip and maybe Silas (screw Larry Brown to hell, I'm not giving Detroit a pick for a pair of rubber hips), but Herb has done a respectable job.

If Isiah undermines Herb now, he pisses off the majority of the team, who is playing hard for him. So basically, he has to let Herb try to win these few games so people and the players who will be back will say he gave Herb a "fair shot at winning the job. It's ridiculous, but it makes a weird sort of sense. But it also means we might not see Jackie Butler get 10 minutes all year. And we might not see Ariza again.
¿ △ ?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/13/2005  3:51 AM
Look, Herb is just Don Chaney part II, I hope he keeps doing whatever he wants and loosing games, these way there is not chance he gets a 2 year extension.

This game was key btw, we gotta stay ahead of the Raps for that lottery pick. The Bucks are still in sight, even thou that Indiana stinker was a tough hit to our lottery chances.

Go figure, the one time KT decides to be clutch is when it is a toatl negative. If they go into the next season with another loosing streak, there is a better chance of cleaning house. Loosing your ast 16 out of 17 games would sure warrant some executions.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Nalod
USA
4/13/2005  10:12 AM
I would hope that Reezy has proven himself and there are other decisions to make.

I understand the league wants to keep games competitive but not playing the rookie makes no sense.

maybe the euros are scouting him and he want to bench him!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/13/2005  3:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I would hope that Reezy has proven himself and there are other decisions to make.

I understand the league wants to keep games competitive but not playing the rookie makes no sense.

I definitely don't like seeing him get a DNP, but like you said he's already proven himself enough that there's no difficulty in the decision to make--we need to resign him to get his Bird rights. We've seen enough of him to know he needs to be part of the future. At about 18 mpg, he's also played enough to help his development. (I don't think even Kobe got more minutes as a teenage rookie.)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/13/2005  5:51 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

I definitely don't like seeing him get a DNP, but like you said he's already proven himself enough that there's no difficulty in the decision to make--we need to resign him to get his Bird rights. We've seen enough of him to know he needs to be part of the future. At about 18 mpg, he's also played enough to help his development. (I don't think even Kobe got more minutes as a teenage rookie.)

kobe was on a good team with eddie jones & van exel
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/13/2005  6:07 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

kobe was on a good team with eddie jones & van exel
The point is that giving a teenager 18 mpg does not hurt their development. That's enough time for the player to develop; who's playing ahead of him is irrelevant. What matters is the time the player is getting. And like Kobe, Ariza has gotten enough minutes as a teenage rookie to develop
Nalod
USA
4/13/2005  11:21 PM
showcasing TT for philly! OK, send TT for Iversonland with big crip CWebb! Buh-bye.
ALL PING PONG BALL Official Thread: Knicks vs Raps (4/12)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy