[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ming may not be a bust
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
4/4/2002  12:00 PM
"I'm amazed by him how agile he is, how he is able to move and run the floor," Benoit told The Post in a phone interview Tuesday from his Shanghai residence. "He's not like Shawn Bradley. He's the exact opposite. If anything, he's more like Shaq. He's not a 7-5 stiff. He can really move. He's got great feet."

Benoit also said he believes Ming will be released from his contract to play in the NBA next season only if Shanghai wins a championship. NBA commissioner David Stern, speaking on MSG Network's "Angles" Tuesday, is concerned Ming is waiting to see which team picks him. Reportedly, Chinese officials want him in a big market with a sizable Chinese population, such as New York.

"I really believe we have to win a championship for him to go," Benoit said.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2002  12:20 PM
I have a hard time understanding how anyone who has not either seen footage of this guy playing or seen him up close and personal can have an opinion one way or another.

Too skinny, too tall, playing against inferior talent. That's exactly what you could have said with Kevin Garnett. Most of the 'potential' guys at the NBA level have the athletic ability.... eventually though it comes down to heart/desire and how much you are will to improve in the off season. Witness Marcus Camby: all the athletic ability in the world but not one off-season where he tried to develop a jump shot or bulk up.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/4/2002  12:33 PM
I don't think it matters whether he's a stiff or not because we won't likely be able to get him. He will probably go number 1 and will probably be a great NBA player.
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/4/2002  12:40 PM
Posted by martin:

I have a hard time understanding how anyone who has not either seen footage of this guy playing or seen him up close and personal can have an opinion one way or another.

Too skinny, too tall, playing against inferior talent. That's exactly what you could have said with Kevin Garnett. Most of the 'potential' guys at the NBA level have the athletic ability.... eventually though it comes down to heart/desire and how much you are will to improve in the off season. Witness Marcus Camby: all the athletic ability in the world but not one off-season where he tried to develop a jump shot or bulk up.
Benoit is on his team in China and used to play for the NETS.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
4/4/2002  12:47 PM
I agree with Knixkik, its too bad he'll be a great player, because he'll wind up on a team like Chicago, Golden State, or Memphis. Or maybe even Dallas because Cuban has said to like him a lot, look @ this Dallas starting lineup if he traded Finley for him.
PG-Nash
SG-Nowitzki
SF-LaFrentz
PF-ZhiZhi
C-Ming

Ridiculous, they'd shoot like 600 3s a game and nobody could cover them.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
4/4/2002  7:54 PM
I don't think it matters whether he's a stiff or not because we won't likely be able to get him. He will probably go number 1 and will probably be a great NBA player.

-------------------
The "Ming Dynasty" Starts Now...
Then if we are not going to get him why dont you take that ming dynasty crap off the your posts?
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ming may not be a bust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy