Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/3/2002  12:55 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/2002-04-03/Metro_Sports/Basketball/a-146443.asp

Here are the main points of the article, summarized by RealGM.com's newsletter:
Amare Stoudemire will play in the 2002 McDonalds High School All-American game at The Garden tomorrow, and if he looks around the stands he is bound to see at least Knicks team president Scott Layden watching his every move.

With his team faltering their way to the lottery for the first time in the last 15 years Layden might be willing to take a chance and rest the future on the franchise on the talented 6-10, 240-pound center, who is just 18 years of age. It would be a big move for the Knicks, who have never drafted a player straight out of high school, but after watching the developments of Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal it just may be worth the risk.

"I was a junior at the camp (last year) with (seniors) Tyson Chandler, DeSagana Diop, Ousmane Cisse and Dajuan Wagner and I came out No. 1 at the camp," Stoudemire said. "People were saying I could have gone into the league (NBA) as a junior, just to boost my head up or whatever, but I don't listen to all that"
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
DaKidd
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #209
USA
4/3/2002  2:35 PM
Good news ..

I'd take him of the deal with the Clippers goes through .. Thatw way, we can take Stoudemire with the 7-9th pick .. Add that to the fact that we'd take Wagner with our pick and our future is set ..

C Jerome James - Loren Woods
PF Kurt Thomas - Amare Stoudemire
SF Latrell Sprewell - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - Lenny Cooke
PG Dajuan Wagner - Howard Eisley

Stoudemire High On Layden's List

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy