Martin's Vacation Trip
Author Thread
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
4/11/2005  4:50 AM
Just to keep you up to date on Martin and UKDAD

I am convinced that Bangkok has some of the best restaurants in the world. Just some of the names are weird. There is a "Cabbages and Condoms" restaurant here, where instead of after dinner mints they hand out condoms. The restaurant is run by an educational organization preaching safe-sex and HIV prevention.

So far so good... No Bangkok "revenge." The weather is hot and humid. Wednesday is the beginning of SongKram or the Thai New Year celebration. Lots of annointing each other with water... We are informed that sometimes there is a little bit of over exuberance, but nothing so far. These are a very religious people. Many temples and shrines are visable, with people "wai"ing at each one, or stopping to leave a gift or lighting incense.

I think the worst part of Bangkok is the traffic and pollution created by the millions of cars in the city. I can't wait to travel on the Siem Reap(Angkor Wat) and be in the country.
The Old Man of UK...
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/11/2005  7:31 AM
Sounds great. Thailand is one place I've always wanted to see. Just don't mix up your cabbage with your condom!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
4/11/2005  8:10 AM
Oh man, this is great! 2 months of this for the lucky bastards. I should've planned a vacation too.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/11/2005  9:08 AM
Hmmm,why isnt Martin posting this? You better not have sold him to a Bangkok pimp UKDad!

Seriously,hope you two have a great time.Send us some pics if you can.Lucky bastards!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/11/2005  9:16 AM
Posted by Marv:

Sounds great. Thailand is one place I've always wanted to see. Just don't mix up your cabbage with your condom!
lol, that was classic.

hey guys, while you're over there, don't forget to check out some of the, uh, "afterhours entertainment" *cough* *cough*

(but make sure you don't get too drunk & hook up w/1 of those "ladyboys" or else you might end up w/ur pic on the internet w/the caption "OWNED" on it)

have fun guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2005  11:15 AM
quickly....we did go for the full body Thai massage today. It's like $6 per hour. Happy ending is extra.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
USA
4/12/2005  11:19 AM
Posted by martin:

quickly....we did go for the full body Thai massage today. It's like $6 per hour. Happy ending is extra.
WOW! $6 is good price. So basically, I could have a full body massage for an hour for the same as a pack of smokes?
Silverfuel
USA
4/12/2005  2:26 PM
Can you also check out some Muay Thai schools and let us know if those guys are for real with their crazy kung fu?
martin
USA
4/14/2005  12:08 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Can you also check out some Muay Thai schools and let us know if those guys are for real with their crazy kung fu?

forget about the school man, we will head over to the actual boxing matches later on. Gotta see the real thing. Heard the 1st class people sit up front, middle tear for the betting brokers and 3rd class for the actually betters. All the action happens in the 3rd tier and actual fights break out in the stands too. 3rd class for me.

New Year in Thailand for 3 days.... mostly celebrations by throwing water.

Go Lottery!
Silverfuel
USA
4/14/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by martin:

forget about the school man, we will head over to the actual boxing matches later on. Gotta see the real thing. Heard the 1st class people sit up front, middle tear for the betting brokers and 3rd class for the actually betters. All the action happens in the 3rd tier and actual fights break out in the stands too. 3rd class for me.
That is so awesome man! I am jealous. I'm definately taking a trip to Thailand now. I hope we can get a special report just on the fights.

How are the Thai chicks? How about the beer? Keep having fun bro.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/14/2005  11:21 AM
New Year in Thailand for 3 days.... mostly celebrations by throwing water.

you wonder why you don't see more wet t-shirt contests overseas.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
4/17/2005  7:52 AM
Checking out the beer extensively.... Thailand.. Singha or as they say,,, Sing.. Also Tiger beer. Here in Cambodia we have Angkor.. which doesn't have the kick of some others but comes in the LARGE bottles. Also had some Asahi beer from Japan, which is good stuff. I still go for the Yuengling from PA and Blue from Labatt.

Cambodia is nice, but in two day we will be in Phuket (pronounced Puket) to see the sun and surf... and the chicks. Doing some kayaking there and maybe a boat to Phi Phi -yep that is Pee Pee..
The Old Man of UK...
martin
USA
4/26/2005  12:34 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by martin:

That is so awesome man! I am jealous. I'm definately taking a trip to Thailand now. I hope we can get a special report just on the fights.

silver, Muay Thai is crazy.

There are 3 sections of seating. First class, about 6-8 rows near ring with chairs; second class, a foot higher with about 15 rows with chairs; and third class, standing room only concrete stands that go back and up about 15 yards. The 3rd class fans do all the betting and are very loud and yelling and are constantly talking to the 2nd class people. The 2nd class people are like the brokers in the stock market, taking bets from the 3rd class and passing them to the bookies or other betters (both in 2nd and 1st class... or something like that). They were all doing hand signals because of the distance between the two classes and within the same class. Meanwhile the boxers are bashing each other to a pulp. One is red shorts and the other blue. Most of the fighters were 18 year olds; ripped dudes with serious stomach muscles who punch and knee and kick each other. Frightening. 5 three minute rounds with 2 minute breaks. We couldn't tell how the scoring happened. The fans really got into it and shouted something guttural with the boxers kneed each other. I was in London during the last World Cup during an England match and the shouting during the pummeling was kind of reminiscent of the chanting during the soccer match, only much shorter and in tune with the punching and kneeing. The most interesting part may have been the posse of about 10-15 people that crowded the corner of their boxer, all of whom were totally into the match and their own fighter, bobbing and weaving and throwing imaginary punches. They would scream technique and show their own best moves to the boxer during the breaks. It seemed to me that the first two rounds were test rounds for each boxer, and they would do more shadow boxing interspersed with quick jabs to feel each other out. The last 2 rounds really picked up as the crowds also picked up their involvement. Oh, and the main event started at about 9pm, and it was still about 90 degrees out with full humidity. It was just freakishly uncomfortable even though the place was in a stadium that had open sides with a roof. Cost of first class seat was $37 and we were in third class at a third of that price.
Silverfuel
USA
4/26/2005  5:47 PM
silver, Muay Thai is crazy.

There are 3 sections of seating. First class, about 6-8 rows near ring with chairs; second class, a foot higher with about 15 rows with chairs; and third class, standing room only concrete stands that go back and up about 15 yards. The 3rd class fans do all the betting and are very loud and yelling and are constantly talking to the 2nd class people. The 2nd class people are like the brokers in the stock market, taking bets from the 3rd class and passing them to the bookies or other betters (both in 2nd and 1st class... or something like that). They were all doing hand signals because of the distance between the two classes and within the same class. Meanwhile the boxers are bashing each other to a pulp. One is red shorts and the other blue. Most of the fighters were 18 year olds; ripped dudes with serious stomach muscles who punch and knee and kick each other. Frightening. 5 three minute rounds with 2 minute breaks. We couldn't tell how the scoring happened. The fans really got into it and shouted something guttural with the boxers kneed each other. I was in London during the last World Cup during an England match and the shouting during the pummeling was kind of reminiscent of the chanting during the soccer match, only much shorter and in tune with the punching and kneeing. The most interesting part may have been the posse of about 10-15 people that crowded the corner of their boxer, all of whom were totally into the match and their own fighter, bobbing and weaving and throwing imaginary punches. They would scream technique and show their own best moves to the boxer during the breaks. It seemed to me that the first two rounds were test rounds for each boxer, and they would do more shadow boxing interspersed with quick jabs to feel each other out. The last 2 rounds really picked up as the crowds also picked up their involvement. Oh, and the main event started at about 9pm, and it was still about 90 degrees out with full humidity. It was just freakishly uncomfortable even though the place was in a stadium that had open sides with a roof. Cost of first class seat was $37 and we were in third class at a third of that price.
That is an amazing report. I cant believe they can be as loud as the English during an World Cup game. I also cannot believe you chose to sit in the third class instead of first. Especially since it would be scary as hell if a fight broke out. I know why you did it though. Must be quite an experience. I'm gonna do the same thing. Did you bet on any of the fighters? Were you yelling stuff out too?

real quick. the fights, do they get really scary where people get their legs broken, eyes poked out or even die? Were there hot Thai chicks like we have in boxing at the begining of every round?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
5/21/2005  8:51 PM
wow! I would kill to watch one of those matches!

thats the fighting in Kickboxer with Van Dame right?! sooo badass!! I really am jealous WOW!

Martin's Vacation Trip

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy