USA
4/3/2002  11:14 AM
Knicks Improved Line-Up

C Jerome James - Loren Woods
PF Kurt Thomas - Amare Stoudemire
SF Caron Butler - Shandon Anderson
SG Allan Houston - Juan Dixon
PG Dajuan Wagner - Mark Jackson

It's no secret that we have to rebuild in order for us to get back to our winning ways .. We can't rely on the players that we have anymore to give the Knick organization a big lift that is why a big shake-up should happen ..

Here's my suggested plan ..

Step # 1

NYK sends:
C Marcus Camby to LAC

LAC sends:
2002 1st round pick to NYK (7-9)

Why would LAC do it? By getting Camby, they wouldn't have to worry about losing Kandi to free agency because he would compensate for that loss .. Camby would be a great addition to this ballclub, he would give a nice compliment to Brand in terms of rebounding wise .. Imagine both him and Brand having 15 rebounds a piece by the end of the game .. Camby would be %100 healthy too by next season .. Clips don't lose too much because all they give up is the pick from ATL that the Hawks owe from the Wright deal .. Clips also have a draft to pick to spare since they also have one this year somewhere in the 12-14 position ..

Step # 2

NYK sends:
SG Latrell Sprewell to PHX
PG Howard Eisley to PHX
PF Othella Harrington to PHX
C Travis Knight to PHX

LAC sends:
2002 1st round pick to NYK (9-11)
SG Anfernee Hardaway to NYK
PF Tom Gugliotta to NYK

Why would PHX do it? PHX has a nice core of young players and what better to put it all together with Spree's intensity and veteran leadership .. PHX would be glad to give us their crappy players in return for players which could actually help them .. Players like a healthy PF in Harrington and a good back-up PG in Eisley (they're both young and both are good at what they do) .. These two are better than a complaining Penny and an oft-injured Googs .. We would take on their crap, yes, but it would be compensated by the Draft Pick .. It's hard to let go of Spree especially with those players but look at it this way, giving Spree would be like getting a draft pick and we get rid of Howard Eisley ..

Step # 3

NYK drafts:
PG Dajuan Wagner with NYK pick (5-7)
SF Caron Butler with LAC pick (7-9)
PF Amare Stoudemire with PHX pick (9-11)
SG Juan Dixon with NYK's 2nd round draft pick

Step # 4

NYK uses mid-level exception:
C Jerome James
C Loren Woods

In other words, we clean house and we get young players in return .. Young players which would be cornerstones of our franchise in the near future ..
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
4/3/2002  12:36 PM
Wow, that is pretty nice. And if we could wait till draft 2003 to pick up a center if one of our replacement centers doesn't fit in. Great idea.
#Knickstaps
DaKidd
Member: #209
USA
4/3/2002  2:52 PM
Step # 2 is a longshot but it could happen ..

Other than that, all the steps are pretty feasible .. Layden, if you're listening make this happen ..
VG
Member: #68
Australia
4/3/2002  5:56 PM
Posted by DaKidd:

Other than that, all the steps are pretty feasible .. Layden, if you're listening make this happen ..

Perhaps the Suns would prefer Charlie Ward, who has an expiring contract in 2 years time...

Also I'm not too sure if the Clippers would take on Camby. The guy has never played over 65 games in a season...
DaKidd
USA
4/3/2002  6:28 PM
Posted by VG:
Posted by DaKidd:

Perhaps the Suns would prefer Charlie Ward, who has an expiring contract in 2 years time...

Also I'm not too sure if the Clippers would take on Camby. The guy has never played over 65 games in a season...

It has been well documented that PHX hates guys with a dark past .. That leaves Charlie Ward and his Jew comments out of the equation ..

Camby, on the other hand, will be healthy next season .. And with the impending departure of Olowakandi through free agency they could afford Camby at the Center .. He may had an injury-riddled past but having two players that can rebound 15 per game (Camby and Brand) is worth the risk .. I don't think they can get a player in the draft that is as hustle as Camby .. Anyway, they have a pick to spare at 12-14 and maybe they can snag a project like Jamal Sampson or Jason Jennings to back-up Camby if he gets injured ..
coach19
Member: #231
4/3/2002  10:47 PM
well you are all wrong.
you cant just change the whole lineup with players that never even played in this team. it would never work . players have to get used to each other and the kicsk are not a rebuilding team thatc just throw out the talent it has.

the first thing thaey have to do is GET ANOTHER COACH.
somebody with a .500+ percentage.

second thing get rid of jackson.
he is old. he needs a walker and a doctor not a ring.

third try to get Dermarr Johnson of the hawks for anderson and knight.
he and Postell can be the next Houston and Spree.

fourth dont trade key players and really rotate players.
dont keeps spree in for 47 minutes like cheney is doing.

camby-knight
thomas-harrington-weatherspoon
spreewell-postell
houston-johnson
ward-eisley

that is the only combo that can beat the lakers!!!
DaKidd
USA
4/3/2002  11:42 PM
Posted by coach19:

well you are all wrong.
you cant just change the whole lineup with players that never even played in this team. it would never work . players have to get used to each other and the kicsk are not a rebuilding team thatc just throw out the talent it has.

the first thing thaey have to do is GET ANOTHER COACH.
somebody with a .500+ percentage.

second thing get rid of jackson.
he is old. he needs a walker and a doctor not a ring.

third try to get Dermarr Johnson of the hawks for anderson and knight.
he and Postell can be the next Houston and Spree.

fourth dont trade key players and really rotate players.
dont keeps spree in for 47 minutes like cheney is doing.

camby-knight
thomas-harrington-weatherspoon
spreewell-postell
houston-johnson
ward-eisley

that is the only combo that can beat the lakers!!!

Am I reading this right?

Please wake me up from this dream ..
BigSm00th
USA
4/3/2002  11:48 PM
Ha, that's absolutely laughable. DerMarr Johnsons, he's the biggest bust of his draft class, has he ever had a breakout GAME? WEEK? Give me a break man, what are you smoking? Second, if you read DaKidd's plan, it shows how they could get another point to follow in Jackson's steps in Dajuan Wagner. He and Postell would form a pretty good scoring backcourt. Postell, the guy is a good scorer, but he doesn't play defense and when he doesn't have the ball he stands on the perimeter. Him being a consistent starter I doubt would happen because he just isn't that good. Replace Chaney? It's not like there is an endless pool of great coaches with this above .500 percentage you talk about. JVG left they were 10-9 and headed down the tubes, Chaney has nothing to work with. You think he can do anything with Felton Spencer or Travis "I Don't Wash My Long, Stringy Hair" Knight. God man, I just got aggravated, because this is just ludicrous. DerMarr Johnson and Lavor Postell the future Houston and Sprewell. What have Houston and Sprewell done? Made one lucky finals appearance with a healthy Camby. What else? Exactly. DerMarr Johnson for Howard Eisley and Shandon Anderson. What is wrong with you? Let's give them an overpaid point, and... an overpaid 2, for someone with some sort of potential. Charlie Ward is the future? I'm sorry, he's the past. Action Jackson is one of the only reason I still watch the Knicks. He's one of the only true point guards left in the NBA. He is the sole player on the Knicks that makes people around him better. He has some nice no-look and behind the back passes. I don't know, that post must be some sort of mirage I've seen in my drunken stupor.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 04/03/2002 23:55:07]
#Knickstaps
john44
Member: #115
USA
4/4/2002  3:16 AM
I dont know if anyone has noticed or not but Donnell Harvey our #1 draft pick in 2000 who is now on denver is playin very well coming off the bench getting a ton of rebounds. He was traded for eric strickland who was then traded for harrington. yes harrington has played pretty good off the bench for us but wouldn't you rather havea 21 year old kid that could develope into a possible starting PF for us. another bad draft day move by the Knicks.
Matt
BigSm00th
USA
4/5/2002  2:58 PM
Da Kidd wrote: Step # 2 is a longshot but it could happen ..

Maybe it's not that much of a long shot, here's what Insider said today:

With the Suns now officially out of playoff contention in the West, they can begin focusing their attention on their two-pronged mission: re-up Shawn Marion and dump Penny Hardaway this summer.

Priority No. 1 for the Suns will be locking up Marion to a long-term extension this summer. Will Marion sign on the dotted line? While it's clear that the Suns are willing to break the bank for Marion, Jason Kidd has hinted in the past that Marion is unhappy in Phoenix and may want to follow Kidd wherever he ends up playing a little more than a year from now. Stephon Marbury didn't have quite the knack Kidd did for getting Marion the ball and thus his stats fell a bit this year. Still, with all of the luxury tax issues, it's unlikely Marion will get a better off than he gets from Phoenix.

Then comes mission impossible. Will anyone take Penny Hardaway? The Arizona Republic reports today that Hardaway would already be a Grizzly had he agreed to opt out of the last two years of his contract. The Suns have long been interested in Michael Dickerson, and given his injury woes this year, the Grizzlies still might be willing to do that swap, but it would cost Little Penny.

The Raptors showed interest in Penny before the trade deadline, but balked when the Suns insisted that Keon Clark be included in any compensation package. Given Hardaway's role as back-seat driver from the bench, I'm sure they'd take Eric Montross now. Is anyone else out there? The Knicks could use another disgruntled shooting guard . . .
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
4/5/2002  3:01 PM
Also, it says there that Marion might follow Kidd, obviously to NJ. I remember reading that the Nets were trying to shop Van Horn for a more athletic 3, anyone think if the Suns can't get Marion back, a sign-and-trade with the Nets for Van Horn and a 1st rounder, how nasty would that team be in an uptempo game like the Nets play. Kidd, Kittles, Marion, Martin, MacCulloch with Richard Jefferson off the bench. God, it'd be like watching the Harlem Globetrotters. And that'd be pretty funny too, watching Van Horn go back to play with Starbury, him and Googs might conspire to kill him.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 04/05/2002 15:03:24]
#Knickstaps
Knick2001
Member: #83
4/6/2002  2:43 PM
Layden's track record a a GM makes it highly unlikely he would ever make an of these proposes trades. Layden only likes to make fringe tades, nothing along the lines of a blockbuster type of deal you propose. Sorry, Layde is way to timid to expect ANY deals are going to happen.
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
4/7/2002  10:39 AM
Posted by john44:

I dont know if anyone has noticed or not but Donnell Harvey our #1 draft pick in 2000 who is now on denver is playin very well coming off the bench getting a ton of rebounds. He was traded for eric strickland who was then traded for harrington. yes harrington has played pretty good off the bench for us but wouldn't you rather havea 21 year old kid that could develope into a possible starting PF for us. another bad draft day move by the Knicks.

Yeah!! He was Denver's leading rebounder in their last game (he had 11 boards in 21 minutes, 7 of which were offensive). They traded him AND John Wallace for Strickland AND Pete Mickeal (the last pick in the 2000 draft, who didn't make the roster). Why the **** did Layden trade for more guards??
Explosive23
Member: #184
United Kingdom
4/7/2002  10:40 AM
Jesus, bloody censoring :/
stan1616
Member: #232
Philippines
4/8/2002  11:10 PM
Spree ain't goin anywhere this year. JUst because Chaney and Laydumb loves him. They can't deal Houston just like that cuz he has 100 million in his pocket. So Knick fans expect a Camby trade this year. For a rookie or something...
Stan1616 Go New York! Gotta luv ya!
Welcome the Future Knicks ..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy