[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fire Herb Williams....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/14/2005  12:40 PM
the fact that Herb is a Riley/JVG clone is the reason I don't want him to be our coach next year. It would be a disaster Ariza, Sweetney & Butler will still be sitting for kurt, taylor & rose and our superstar draft pick Gerald Green will be on the injured list at this rate!

Bring us Phil! he's shown that he's not afraid to play the rookies by playing george, walton, rush!

The young guys on this team next year are our only hope not the 30win per season veterans!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/14/2005  1:38 PM
Dido.. in many ways you just made my point. The LAkers team Phil took over was already a top 5 team and had Shaq and Kobe. The Pistons team Larry B took over went to the ECF and had back to back 50 win seasons. My point is in both of those situations the GM had established a good team and just needed a better leader. We dont have a good team. All our players are new but the win total is the same... 32, 37, 37 and we are en route to another 32 win season. No coach is going to change that because the roster is flawed. The stats pretty much prove this. Crawford is having his best year as a pro. Marbury is having a career year. KT is 6th in the league in rebounding. Ariza has had a good rookie season. Even though Mike S has been up and down but he's still giving you 8/4 and shooting over 50%. Nazr was having a career year... all these guys were playing better than they had anywhere else, yet we stink. How is that coaching and not the players?

I will be fair and say if Pat Riley or Larry B had this team they would win more.. but how much more? 38 games instead of 30? 41-41 instead of 32-50? Thats a huge difference but does it really matter? In a lot of ways I think its a positive that our roster is exposed. Did anyone enjoy the playoffs last year? Think a meeting with the Heat will be different?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/14/2005  1:59 PM
All I can say is that there is NO excuse not to play ariza the other night. Total BS! Herb should get his ass fired just for plain stupidity. If you care about the future of this team you play the kids NOW.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
4/14/2005  2:07 PM
Fish, You are right in many ways. As you and others know, I have always been an advocate for change. I don't have a player that I favor on our roster. You and I are amongst the few that want to see: Kurt, TT, Penny, and others go, but Isiah wasn't able to acquire the players that he truly desired, but he could have hired a much better coach if he wanted too. Personally, in our current situation, I believe that we need to first and foremost start with a coach, and go through the draft and pick a player that will fit the style that this particular coach will preach....
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by diderotn:

See, Fish and I can have a respectful dialogue over the direction of our ball-club. Unlike some other fans, we can agree to disagree...

Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe Diderton and Fish can single-handedly turn this into a 12 page thread like the Jackie Butler one

Bonnie respectfully capitalized the "D" in diderton. You don't even do that on your name.

Herb should be playing Reezy. If he is playing for his life, then shame of Isiah for this micommunication! Then I am really upset that This GM cannot maintain a line of communication that is proper. Herb is coaching for his life at the expense of developing Reezy? This is silly. Either Herb is told do your best, your interm, but we got to look at the future, or get us to the playoffs on a hot run (it was doable once) and its your job! But not playing Reezy and losing like this is a joke.

Teams that blow big leads at home and lose like we do is bad coaching. Herb can't get these kids to play hard. Running Marbs into the ground is a joke!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
4/14/2005  3:07 PM
As flawed as our roster is, a good coach would have had us at least at .500 this year and probably in the playoffs. A good coach means alot. I would like for us to get some good players on this team and add a good coach, it would help us immensely.
diderotn
USA
4/14/2005  3:20 PM
Exactly Killa. some fans can't seem to understand the ABC of basketball.

Posted by Killa4luv:

As flawed as our roster is, a good coach would have had us at least at .500 this year and probably in the playoffs. A good coach means alot. I would like for us to get some good players on this team and add a good coach, it would help us immensely.
fishmike
USA
4/14/2005  3:24 PM
your not talking about a good coach.. your talking about 2-3 guys in the industry that *might* be able to push this team to .500

Your talking about elite level guys, not good coaches.

Those calibur guys wont coach a roster like this... its like asking Michael Schumacher to race go karts at the local mini golf hot spot. Elite level coaches like elite level players to work with. We might have on and a load of luggage.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/14/2005  3:28 PM
A great coach would be nice, but let's be honest, what elite coach is going to want to work under Isiah with Isiah's rep as it is? With the way Lenny and Don got axed? With a team that has a low talent pool anyway?

I think the way Isiah handles the coaching thing, after the draft, is his most important objective this summer. I honestly don't know what to suggest. Flip?

¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  3:47 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by diderotn:

See, Fish and I can have a respectful dialogue over the direction of our ball-club. Unlike some other fans, we can agree to disagree...

Posted by Bonn1997:

Maybe Diderton and Fish can single-handedly turn this into a 12 page thread like the Jackie Butler one

Bonnie respectfully capitalized the "D" in diderton. You don't even do that on your name.
It gets boring after a while to get into the same old harsh arguments with people. We all know where Fish, Briggs, Islesfan and then other fans like me stand. We'll just wait to see which side was more accurate. I don't see the point in the aggressive arguing. Notice it's been like almost two weeks since Nalod called me a snit or talked about snit vomit.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 04/14/2005 15:48:18]
fishmike
USA
4/14/2005  5:04 PM
its been slow...
simrud
Member: #474
USA
4/14/2005  6:51 PM
You guys got nothing on the Mo Taylor thread! lol

I just might find it and pull it up
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/14/2005  7:07 PM
which MO taylor thread? weren't there like a hundred?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/14/2005  7:08 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

which MO taylor thread? weren't there like a hundred?
I think simrud's refering to the ever famous, 'Manup' thread.
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/14/2005  8:31 PM
Anybody who coould possible want herb back as a coach is retarded POINT BLANK, I never seen any knick team go on 2 9 game loosing steraks in a 2 month span. Theres no way in hell were as bad as our record indicates. IT biggest blunder from day one has been the hiring of lenny, then replacing him with assinine herb ( who's a very nice guy off the court) who is just clueless too inexperince and is really not fit or smart enough to be a head coach in the NBA.

How can this fact even be arguable, were the laughing stock of the league, this is why atheletes get a bad rap, this roster seems like it's grossly overpaid and in many ways it is. Not to mention the fact that this team does have some talant and play as if it's a simply game at the Y. And a coach who says all the right things and does all the wrong..
ES
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
4/14/2005  10:39 PM
I dont want this to be the whole Chaney situation all over again where mgmt feels like they owe him another season just because he got his job during the previous one.Then find other excuses to give him an extension for a marginal increase in the win column.

I get the feeling that the players like Herb the same way students like a substitute teacher.I want a coach that they respect and fear that their salary wont make a bit of difference in whether they play or not.

I like Herb but I see nothing but a "company man".Keep him on as an assistant and get a marquis coach so we can start from digging out from under this nightmare.
diderotn
USA
4/15/2005  7:35 AM
Isiah to the rescue baby.....
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I dont want this to be the whole Chaney situation all over again where mgmt feels like they owe him another season just because he got his job during the previous one.Then find other excuses to give him an extension for a marginal increase in the win column.

I get the feeling that the players like Herb the same way students like a substitute teacher.I want a coach that they respect and fear that their salary wont make a bit of difference in whether they play or not.

I like Herb but I see nothing but a "company man".Keep him on as an assistant and get a marquis coach so we can start from digging out from under this nightmare.
Fire Herb Williams....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy