[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I think the avenue I would focus on is KT to Orlando
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/9/2005  5:31 PM
KT Sweetney + pick 52 an additional conditional 2nd round pick 1.5mm$ to Orlando for Orlando's choice of Kato or Battie picks 13+34

Then pick 30 to Denver + 1.5MM in cash for pick 21

that would leave us with picks 6,13,21,34 very similar model to what New jersey did with Jefferson and Collins, Golden State when they got Murphy Richardson Arenas and what the Bulls did with Deng Gordon Duhon etc....

I really do believe we can do something like this, and that fresh young athletic legs, size, at a combination of positions is just about the most important function we could pull off.

Heck if we come into next season with just 4 solid rookies, it could change the team a great deal. this way you shape the way you play. you pick players that can potnetially play a style of play.

the likelyhood of us getting zach randolph is very low, very very low because he s a base Y compensation player in fact its literally impossible.

Lets see what we can get for the MLE or the ending contracts if need be
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/9/2005  6:05 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

KT Sweetney + pick 52 an additional conditional 2nd round pick 1.5mm$ to Orlando for Orlando's choice of Kato or Battie picks 13+34

Then pick 30 to Denver + 1.5MM in cash for pick 21

that would leave us with picks 6,13,21,34 very similar model to what New jersey did with Jefferson and Collins, Golden State when they got Murphy Richardson Arenas and what the Bulls did with Deng Gordon Duhon etc....

I really do believe we can do something like this, and that fresh young athletic legs, size, at a combination of positions is just about the most important function we could pull off.

Heck if we come into next season with just 4 solid rookies, it could change the team a great deal. this way you shape the way you play. you pick players that can potnetially play a style of play.

the likelyhood of us getting zach randolph is very low, very very low because he s a base Y compensation player in fact its literally impossible.

Lets see what we can get for the MLE or the ending contracts if need be

Those are solid options. Orlando is certainly in as much turmoil as the Knicks. Really, the only long term pieces they have are Howard and Nelson. I think it's a decent offer, but also that they might want their draft pick.

Offering the 2006 Spurs pick + $1-3 million for Denver's #21 pick makes a TON of sense to me. I don't think Denver will want to use both picks, they have a stacked roster as it is and they need all their cap space to sign a SG this summer. I think the Denver deal would be great. Also, Kiki owes us one!
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/9/2005  6:52 PM
Its good for Denver because they still have $ for FA if they choose, and moving back to 30+ taking the money saves them two ways. the best invesment for us is investment in the draft. this is a solid draft, you could really walk out a big winner and the cost is is very minimal. it would be the first solid step into cost control which is healthy for everything that has to do with this club and its fans.

I think Orlando would take a very serious look at that deal because I think its a good one. they get upgraded consierably and its not cost prohibitive. KT is a great fit for O, and an in shape Sweet is worth the 13 pick alone.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/9/2005  8:39 PM
I love your idea there Briggs. I would think that Orlando would be interested in KT becuase he would be a perfect option for them alongside Dwight Howard. That team def. lacks a bit of toughness and who better to bring it to them then Kurt Thomas. Tony Battie is a underrated player in this league, I had the chance to watch him for a bit last year while he was on the Celtics and he always put up solid numbers, he has a little offensive game but he gets alot of rebounds and plays very solid D, good center.

I also agree with the Denver angle and what crzy had to say
Offering the 2006 Spurs pick + $1-3 million for Denver's #21 pick makes a TON of sense to me. I don't think Denver will want to use both picks, they have a stacked roster as it is and they need all their cap space to sign a SG this summer. I think the Denver deal would be great. Also, Kiki owes us one!

Could work out very well for both teams since Denver really doesnt need those picks with the talent on that roster. Great ideas though Briggs, I can def. see one of these scenarios playing out too becuase it seems like Isiah is really banking on this draft, atleast in my opinion he is.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Caseloads
Member: #41
4/9/2005  9:05 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I love your idea there Briggs. I would think that Orlando would be interested in KT becuase he would be a perfect option for them alongside Dwight Howard. That team def. lacks a bit of toughness and who better to bring it to them then Kurt Thomas. Tony Battie is a underrated player in this league, I had the chance to watch him for a bit last year while he was on the Celtics and he always put up solid numbers, he has a little offensive game but he gets alot of rebounds and plays very solid D, good center.

Could work out very well for both teams since Denver really doesnt need those picks with the talent on that roster. Great ideas though Briggs, I can def. see one of these scenarios playing out too becuase it seems like Isiah is really banking on this draft, atleast in my opinion he is.
KT bringing them toughness? please - the Knicks lack toughness - we have none
kip3f
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #762
4/9/2005  9:15 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

OK, this is a pet peeve of mine. It is *not* literally impossible. It is most definitely possible, however it is not likely.

While I'm at it, "Voila" is spelled as indicated. (You didn't make this mistake, Briggs, but it really bugs me). I've seen people spell it "wholla". That just makes me cry.
BRIGGS
4/9/2005  9:33 PM
Posted by kip3f:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

OK, this is a pet peeve of mine. It is *not* literally impossible. It is most definitely possible, however it is not likely.

While I'm at it, "Voila" is spelled as indicated. (You didn't make this mistake, Briggs, but it really bugs me). I've seen people spell it "wholla". That just makes me cry.

well, my guess is this. we can all think what is what and who may go where, but the reality of Portland trading Zach to ANY team is HIGHLY unlikely because he is their only *signed* PF and he's point blank a better PF than Rahim. He's 23, he's proven, he should get much better as Telfair gets better with the tempo and he should have very good synergy with Pryzbila.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
4/9/2005  11:13 PM
pick 6 and SA 1 next year to Utah for pick 4---Gerald Greene 6-8 SG

pick 13-Channing Frye 6-11 250 C

pick 21-Amir Johnson 6-10 220 PF

pick 34-Nate Robinson PG 5-9 185
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/10/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, when I read the post, I was like, yes this is what I am talking about, reshaping this team with the talent in this deep draft, but I want to ask this, I can see green with the 4th pick but why channing frye at 13? amir Johnson, I haven't seen enough of him yet, so i won't comment on that, but also, I must ask, why nate Robinson at pick 34, if he is available, why not a big Euro prospect?
BTW, if we could move up to pick 4, if marvin williams comes out, why not make a play to move up to maybe 2 or 3 and take him? or do you like green better?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/10/2005  12:26 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I think Orlando would take a very serious look at that deal because I think its a good one. they get upgraded consierably and its not cost prohibitive. KT is a great fit for O, and an in shape Sweet is worth the 13 pick alone.

Maybe they would do that, but I think they'll be more tempted to grab one of the young bigs like Frye or Petro at 13. I have a feeling people around the league have noticed Sweetney's weight fluxuations. We'll see.

As for your mock draft, if we could get Gerald Green, Channing Frye and Nate Robinson - I would probably buy season tickets.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/10/2005  12:49 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, when I read the post, I was like, yes this is what I am talking about, reshaping this team with the talent in this deep draft, but I want to ask this, I can see green with the 4th pick but why channing frye at 13? amir Johnson, I haven't seen enough of him yet, so i won't comment on that, but also, I must ask, why nate Robinson at pick 34, if he is available, why not a big Euro prospect?
BTW, if we could move up to pick 4, if marvin williams comes out, why not make a play to move up to maybe 2 or 3 and take him? or do you like green better?

I read some poster who thinks we are going to spend 40mm on guys like Ronald Murray and somehow start taking undesirables or for the most case, untouchables from other teams and formulate them here. NO

We have fcd this team up enough by taking on so many extras. A plan that executes a draft that caters to size skill and athletiscm[also to form a new core for the future] with perhaps 1 vet trade and 1 FA that makes a LOT of sense without taking 1 more undesirable contract, add a coach like nate M and see where we can go. we are NOT going to be above Miami, Detroit or Indiana for the next couple of years, its very unlikely-possible, but not likely. So you do what Indiana, GS, CHI et al did,we would be more like an Indiana team where with a new coach a real good solid draft and a few fringe vet moves, in the east you should be gold for the playoffs, and at the same time you have a plan to start building what can be a CHAMPIONSHIP team, in time piece by piece while controlling costs.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/10/2005  1:03 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by nyk4ever:

KT bringing them toughness? please - the Knicks lack toughness - we have none

Please Case... if your going to tell me that Kurt Thomas is not a tough player then obviously your not watching the same games I am. Kurt Thomas is one of the lone tough players on this Knicks roster besides Marbury and he's not even tough, he's just a warrior. Make no doubt about it, Kurt Thomas is a tough player... he's not Charles Oakley but he's a tough guy, he's one of the lone guys that brings any semblance of toughness to this roster.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
4/10/2005  8:04 AM
This is not an exact science, but I don't think having 4 draft picks is the way to be a great team. I'm ok with the picks we have for this year, and I don't see a reason to think that the 13 pick is going to be better than Sweetney (even with me disliking what I'm seeing from him lately).
I just want Kurt Thomas to be out of this team next year since nobody is ever going to realize that he is a back up PF. I mean just K.Thomas for Battie would be ok.
BRIGGS
4/10/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Im pretty much sold on the realism that the first 3 picks will be Marvin Williams, Bogut and a PG. If things hold to form and somehow we do end up 6, there are two teams ahead of us Utah at 4 and Portland at 5. Portalnd wants GG. Utah really needs a PG. What we can do is offer tham an extra pick and a little cash to make the selection for us and trade the player to us for the PG of their choice. I want to walk out of this draft with Gerald Green, if we dont win the lottery. Why, because AT a MINIMUM, he leaves us with a VERY young player with SUPERIOR skills, who WILL be VERY good and if things falter here we can step back and I think we wil be able to build around him.
Now its just speculating that we can get extra picks, but I really do believe thats OUR best bet for improvement. Maybe it doesnt pay full dividens day 1 next year, but it's the smartest route. even ifwe dont get extra picks and perhaps all we can do is move up th 29-30---20, I would still try to pair Gerald Greene with either the Lithuanian C who falls to 20, Amir Johnson, or maybe Hakim. I like Nate Robinson as a second round pick. hes tough and hes the fasterst/ best athlete in the draft who can really push the ball. Three superior type athletes with solid skills.
RIP Crushalot😞
Stevo718
Member: #559
4/10/2005  12:35 PM
You guys sure have a lot of faith in one of the more crappier drafts of late.

But hey I can hope as well.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
4/10/2005  1:03 PM
personally i think ORL would rather keep Cato to play alongside Howard than bring in a KT & give up their low lottery pick.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
I think the avenue I would focus on is KT to Orlando

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy